Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider
    #27872322 - 07/22/22 09:23 AM (4 months, 15 days ago)

There was a scary looking spider in my kitchen.  I didn’t really feel like killing it or taking it outside so I let it be.  I did a few things and came back and saw at the corner of my eye a scuffle between that spider and I believe a daddy long leg.  It was a long legged spider with a very small body. 

The other spider probably had at least twice the mass, but it got wrecked.  Idk how they started scrapping, but I presume the big spider walked into the long leg’s web, n from there it was over.  Eventually the big spider was wrapped up and was being dragged up along the web. 

Wild stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #27872371 - 07/22/22 11:06 AM (4 months, 15 days ago)

Daddy long legs, an OG "fuck around and find out" type of creeper.

:ninja:

Anonymous #3

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #27872384 - 07/22/22 12:00 PM (4 months, 15 days ago)

I’m a little disappointed there is no video accompanying your post.  I want you to think long and hard about this in the coming days.  I want you to think about what you could have done differently.

Anonymous #4

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #27872736 - 07/22/22 08:08 PM (4 months, 15 days ago)

Maybe a house spider?  I don't think daddy long legs make webs...

Anonymous #5

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #27873168 - 07/23/22 02:16 AM (4 months, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #4 said:
Maybe a house spider?  I don't think daddy long legs make webs...

Anonymous #5

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #5] * 2
    #27873171 - 07/23/22 02:17 AM (4 months, 15 days ago)

OP has a history of wildly exaggerating his spider stories

Anonymous #6

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #27873830 - 07/23/22 04:28 PM (4 months, 14 days ago)

:picdidnthappen:

Anonymous #7

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #27874180 - 07/23/22 10:18 PM (4 months, 14 days ago)

I've always known since a youth that you keep daddy long legs around cuz they cant harm a human but they fuck other shit up for you.

I've never witnessed it. But based on believing it all my life and OP randomly saying it.... I believe him.

I also know daddy long legs are the most venomous spider. But they cant pierce human skin. Or something like that? I dunno. These are all grapevine "facts" I picked up along the way. One uh yall do some googling to confirm.

Anonymous #3

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #27874216 - 07/23/22 10:51 PM (4 months, 14 days ago)

Daddy Long Legs are not the most venomous spider in the world.  In fact, they are not spiders at all.  They are good to have around though so don’t go squishing them.

Anonymous #7

#27874439 - 07/24/22 02:41 AM (4 months, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
Daddy Long Legs are not the most venomous spider in the world.  In fact, they are not spiders at all.  They are good to have around though so don’t go squishing them.

Fuck your fake news. Dont come round here telling me daddy long legs arent spiders. GET OUT! GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!

Anonymous #8

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #27874440 - 07/24/22 02:44 AM (4 months, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #7 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:

Fuck your fake news. Dont come round here telling me daddy long legs arent spiders. GET OUT! GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!

Harvestmen, arachnids but not spiders.

Family Opiliones.

Anonymous #6

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #27874653 - 07/24/22 05:49 AM (4 months, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #8 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #7 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:

Family Opiliones.

:mindblown:

Anonymous #7

#27874882 - 07/24/22 10:31 AM (4 months, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #8 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #7 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:

Family Opiliones.

LA LA LA LA LA! I cant hear you!  LA LA LA LA LA

Anonymous #5

#27875870 - 07/25/22 05:27 AM (4 months, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:

A daddy long legs can kill 100 full grown men with a single drop of its venom

Anonymous #3

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #27876150 - 07/25/22 12:29 PM (4 months, 12 days ago)

The problem is milking them, they’re very difficult to milk.

Anonymous #9

#27877975 - 07/26/22 10:40 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

Anonymous #10

#27878015 - 07/26/22 11:10 PM (4 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
I’m a little disappointed there is no video accompanying your post.  I want you to think long and hard about this in the coming days.  I want you to think about what you could have done differently.

:whathesaid:
:rofl:

Anonymous #11

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #27886402 - 08/02/22 02:29 PM (4 months, 4 days ago)

There's lots of stuff people call "daddy long-legs" but I think OP means those skinny ones people call "basement spiders". They definitely do just what OP said: when other bigger spiders touch their web, they'll "dance" and move the web around until it engulfs the bigger spider, then they drain it. They also do this when you disturb the web.
They'll do this to other bugs too; you can usually ID them by the little pile of dried-up bug-husks dropped below a crudely-formed corner web.

Anonymous #8

Re: Daddy long leg fucked up way bigger spider [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #27889218 - 08/04/22 11:27 AM (4 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #11 said:
There's lots of stuff people call "daddy long-legs" but I think OP means those skinny ones people call "basement spiders". They definitely do just what OP said: when other bigger spiders touch their web, they'll "dance" and move the web around until it engulfs the bigger spider, then they drain it. They also do this when you disturb the web.
They'll do this to other bugs too; you can usually ID them by the little pile of dried-up bug-husks dropped below a crudely-formed corner web.

Lets ask OP. I'm curious.

OP, was it like THIS

These are harvestmen. Note the weird way their bodies connect to the legs, not like spiders.

Or was it like THIS

This one is a cellar spider, true spiders in the family Pholcidae- you can see the body is shaped differently.

Anonymous #7

#27889227 - 08/04/22 11:51 AM (4 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #8 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #11 said:

Lets ask OP. I'm curious.

OP, was it like THIS

These are harvestmen. Note the weird way their bodies connect to the legs, not like spiders.

Or was it like THIS

This one is a cellar spider, true spiders in the family Pholcidae- you can see the body is shaped differently.

I'm in my 30s. I have never looked at a daddy long leg long enough to notice any feature other than the long legs.

So they are interchangeable for me. I just googled now. But thats the interesting thing about online communication. Everyone can just google stoof. Impossible to tell who just googled and who has always known. Which leads people to believe if they dont know stuff that means they overlooked an obvious thing. Which then leads people to be more likely to avoid that shame by being the person who has "always known" instead of the person who just googled.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals