Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Plenco!
    #2787925 - 06/12/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Plenco novolac and resole phenolic resins are produced in powder, flake, lump, pastille, and liquid forms. General purpose resins serve a broad range of applications; specialized resins are engineered to meet specific processing and customer end use requirements.

Phenolic resin is classified as a condensation reaction polymer. In this type of reaction, the polymer grows by combining two large molecules and releasing a third small molecule, usually water. Depending on the product formulation, either a novolac or a resole resin is produced. Novolacs are designed to incorporate a curing agent, such as hexamethylenetetramine, and are referred to as two-stage. Resoles require no curing agent and because of the one component characteristic of this resin are therefore referred to as single-stage.

A wide range of characteristics can be designed into a phenolic resin. Reactivity, moisture content, molecular weight, pH, monomer level, viscosity, flow, lubricity, and particle size all may determine the suitability of a resin for a particular application. Through the controlled selection of formulation options, manufacturing parameters, cure promoters, lubricants and other additives, Plenco provides phenolic resins that are optimized to meet the needs of our customers.

:heart:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Plenco! [Re: Papaver]
    #2787957 - 06/12/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I like to play tiddly winks

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Plenco! [Re: goobler]
    #2787963 - 06/12/04 02:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

A key characteristic of phenolic resin is the ability to withstand high temperature, along with mechanical load with minimal deformation or creep. In other words, cured phenolic resin provides the product rigidity necessary to maintain structural integrity and dimensional stability even under severe conditions. For this reason, phenolic resins are specified for demanding applications, such as refractory, friction and foundry products, to meet the challenges of these high temperature environments.

An important parameter in evaluating temperature stability is the glass transition temperature (Tg). The glass transition is analogous to a melt. As the temperature is raised, crystalline solids like ice or polyethylene melt and become liquids. Amorphous solids like glass and cured phenolic resin pass through a temperature range where the molecules rapidly gain in mobility. This molecular mobility results in flow or creep, and in rapid dimensional change. Phenolic resin remains crosslinked, and so retains some stiffness even above the Tg. Ideally, the end used temperature should not exceed the Tg value. The initial glass transition temperature of phenolic resin is approximately the same as the cure temperature. Unlike most polymers, the Tg of phenolic resin can be further elevated to levels in excess of 260? C by a correctly designed post bake protocol. Copies of published reports by Plenco research personnel on post baking phenolic resin and its effects on the glass transition temperature are available upon request.

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2788040 - 06/12/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

does she play as well?

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2788048 - 06/12/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

permision to freak out!

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Plenco! [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2788053 - 06/12/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The primary use of phenolic resin is as a bonding agent. Phenolic resin is compatible with many organic and inorganic fillers and reinforcements, which makes it an ideal candidate for various end uses. Phenolic resin quickly penetrates the structure of these substrates. The final properties are attained after a brief thermal exposure to complete the cross-linking process. The unique ability of phenolic resin to "wet out" and to cross-link throughout the fillers and reinforcements provides the means to engineer the desired mechanical, thermal, and chemically resistant properties. For this reason, phenolic resin systems are used to produce parts by RTM, pultrusion and filament winding technology for demanding applications, such as oil platforms, missile components and heat shields. Other examples include abrasive wheels, friction products, wood composites, and molding compounds.

Phenolic resin in alcohol or aqueous solution is specified to penetrate and saturate paper and other similar substrates to provide good mechanical strength, electrical properties, or filtration capabilities. Typical examples of these applications include NEMA electrical laminates, decorative laminates, clutch facings, and filtration products.

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2788061 - 06/12/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

:wtf:
you are insane!

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Plenco! [Re: filthysock]
    #2788134 - 06/12/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I took it to Kihn.

Merv Kihn, free-lance journalist with an extensive line in Texas pterodactyls, redneck UFO contactees, bush-league Loch Ness monsters, and the Top Ten conspiracy theories in the loonier reaches of the American mass mind.

"It?s good," said Kihn, polishing his yellow Polaroid shooting glasses on the hem of his Hawaiian shirt, "but it?s not mental; lacks the true quill."

But I saw it, Mervyn." We were seated poolside in brilliant Arizona sunlight. He was in Tucson waiting for a group of retired Las Vegas civil servants whose leader received messages from Them on her microwave oven. I?d driven all night and was feeling it.

"Of course you did. Of course you saw it. You?ve read my stuff; haven?t you grasped my blanket solution to the UFO problem? It?s simple, plain and country simple: people " -- he settled the glasses carefully on his long hawk nose and fixed me with his best basilisk glare -- " see things. People see these things. Nothing?s there, but people see them anyway. Because they need to, probably. You?ve read Jung, you should know the score... In your case, it?s so obvious: You admit you were thinking about this crackpot architecture, having fantasies. ...Look, I?m sure you?ve taken your share of drugs, right? How many people survived the Sixties in California without having the odd hallucination? All those nights when you discovered that whole armies of Disney technicians had been employed to weave animated holograms of Egyptian hieroglyphs into the fabric of your jeans, say, or the times when..."

"But it wasn?t like that."

"Of course not. It wasn?t like that at all; it was ?in a setting of clear reality,? right? Everything normal, and then there?s the monster, the mandala, the neon cigar. In your case, a giant Tom Swift airplane. It happens all the time. You aren?t even crazy. You know that, don?t you?" He fished a beer out of the battered foam cooler beside his deck chair.

"Last week I was in Virginia. Grayson County. I interviewed a sixteen-year-old girl who?d been assaulted by a bar hade."

"A what?"

"A bear head. The severed head of a bear. This bar hade, see, was floating around on its own little flying saucer, looked kind of like the hubcaps on cousin Wayne?s vintage Caddy. Had red, glowing eyes like two cigar stubs and telescoping chrome antennas poking up behind its ears." He burped. --

"It assaulted her? How?"

"You don?t want to know; you?re obviously impressionable. ?It was cold? " he lapsed into his bad southern accent " ?and metallic.? It made electronic noises. Now that is the real thing, the straight goods from the mass unconscious, friend; that little girl is a witch. There?s just no place for her to function in this society. She?d have seen the devil, if she hadn?t been brought up on ?The Bionic Man? and all those ?Star Trek? reruns. She is clued into the main vein. And she knows that it happened to her. I got out ten minutes before the heavy UFO boys showed up with the polygraph."

I must have looked pained, because he set his beer down carefully beside the cooler and sat up.

"If you want a classier explanation, I?d say you saw a semiotic ghost. All these contactee stories, for instance, are framed in a kind of sci-fi imagery that permeates our culture. I could buy aliens, but not aliens that look like Fifties? comic art. They?re semiotic phantoms, bits of deep cultural imagery that have split off and taken on a life of their own, like the Jules Verne airships that those old Kansas farmers were always seeing. But you saw a different kind of ghost, that?s all. That plane was part of the mass unconscious, once. You picked up on that, somehow. The important thing is not to worry about it."

I did worry about it, though.

*Text from, "The Gernsback Continuum," by William Gibson. Plenco, Novolac, and Resole are registered trademarks of the Plastics Engineering Company, Sheboygan, WI. The furture is now. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2788508 - 06/12/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm off to a music festival up in the mountains tonight, and I'll be taking some sacred peyote medicine. I will meditate on the meaning of this thread, and I will let you all know if I figure it out, tomorrow evening when I return...

In the mean time, any suggestions y'all can give as to its meaning would be appreciated... :wink:

Ciao Bella! :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2788523 - 06/12/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Plenco novolac and resole phenolic resins are great on toast! :laugh: :nut:

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Plenco! [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2788541 - 06/12/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

with some grape jam

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2788548 - 06/12/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

May your experience give you divinity and aid you in any which way.

and... have fun!

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2806692 - 06/18/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

On a hot day, cool off with...

Plenco Phenolic Resinade!?

Plenco Phenolic Resinade contains novolac and resole phenolic resins, and is available in powder, flake, lump, pastille, and liquid forms. Now with Flavorite? crystals, and in a low carbohydrate formulation for j00 Atkins Diet? fuxx. Enjoy Plenco by itself, or with new delicious Soylent Green!?

Plenco -- Made from the best stuff in earth! :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2806898 - 06/18/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Something about that makes me think of Fear & Loathing.

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #2807112 - 06/18/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Papaver, you are one cool cat!
:stoned:

where did you get those pix from though.. a designer here is interested

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Plenco! [Re: Merkin]
    #2807155 - 06/18/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

He mixed that drink from his bar ....

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Plenco! [Re: Merkin]
    #2807161 - 06/18/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Which ones, those sort of proto-goth, flapper-esque, 1920's, bathing beauties at the top?

I just sort of surf the internet for interesting antique/retro stuff: the web, the newsgroups, ebay is always good for some stuff. I think most of those came from newsgroups...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom