Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Do you...
    #2786995 - 06/12/04 03:36 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Think about tripping, past trips, and future trips every single day of your life?  Has it seemed to become a HUGE part of your life ever since the first time you "really" tripped.

I know it has to me... I think about it everyday, always trying to convert the answers I have a accumulated and incorporating them into my everyday life. :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Do you... [Re: Ginseng]
    #2787048 - 06/12/04 04:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yup.  The fact that there's a wholly different perspective available shocked me the second time I tripped, and I still haven't gotten over that fact.  Thank God for mushrooms :sun:

--------------------

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #2787165 - 06/12/04 08:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Definatley. I think this is because tripping has brought out a new element in everything for me.

I look at a tree, I imagine it forming in time lapse, I look at its beautiful skeleton, and see the fractal image. Looking at the landscape and see years of erosion forming it, see the seasons passing over and the changes that come about. All of the patterns in nature can be experienced in an abstract or direct way during a psychedelic trip I think.
Then into the city we see the city dwelling humans, the cars, the money, buildings, interactions. Again this takes on a psychedelic quality.

Psychedelics to me have enhanced life. Everything is more interesting, beautiful, more real. It's not one sided though - I also notice the dark, morbid side of life and reality in general a lot more too. A yin-yang sort of situation here. It is beautiful.

Offline7777
The one
    #2787175 - 06/12/04 08:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well it certainly does make a whole world of a difference.

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #2787388 - 06/12/04 11:57 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't really think about my past trips because I can't really remember them too well.

But I very often think about drugs and my future use of drugs lol...but for me thatss called drug addiction.

hehe.

Edited by Grapefruity (06/12/04 11:58 AM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2787399 - 06/12/04 12:02 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng said:
Think about tripping, past trips, and future trips every single day of your life? Has it seemed to become a HUGE part of your life ever since the first time you "really" tripped.

Oh, yes...so much so. My entire life has been altered since the night I curiously sampled my first mushrooms.

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
Re: Do you... [Re: MOTH]
    #2787436 - 06/12/04 12:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Oh yeah, I definitely think about it every single day. I do find it hard to incorporate my tripping experiences into everyday life, which is a frustration of mine. I guess it not only takes years of tripping experience but also years of reflection on your trips. I'm sure there's still much to be learned ...
But since my first trip, I have started to appreciate nature a whole lot more than before. For example, looking at the stars at night truly feels like a religious experience to me since I first ate the sacred mushroom. I always use this as an example when I'm talking to psychoactive-virgins; I tell them "hearing me talk about touching the moon and feeling an connection with everything around you may sound hippie-like but it is the most profound feeling one can have" So far I've been able to convince 6 friends to eat mushrooms; several among them are really anti-drug minded. Only one of them has said he'll never do it again (bad trip)

OfflineLoki4545
Stranger
Re: Do you... [Re: Calimero]
    #2789091 - 06/13/04 02:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yea I do as well, wierd isn't it, how almost reality itslef can becomes a dream, I remembered thinking about life in general, how we all just live in houses get a job, make money, buy our own shit, I find that life before tripping was almost linear, one sided, Shrooms made me think outside of the box. Shrooms should be expereinced by everyone but most are just desensatized that "they're bad, your going to die if you do them, anti drug blah blah blah" but that's government for you, I wonder if they're trying to hide these thoughts from us all. Anyways here's an interestiong quote I heard on a song by Infected Mushroom - Drop Out, which is alot like my thoughts.

"But they all do sort of the same thing, and that is rearrange what you thought was real, and... umm... they remind you of the beauty of very simple things. You forget, because you're so busy going from a to z, that there's... umm ... 24 letters in control..."

* Timothy Leary *

I wonder, does anyone else find life somewhat linear? As such, yea looking at the stars was amazing, I am a computer junky, but now when I'm outside I realize how beautiful this world is, which for some reason... I never realized before, all I know is I still have much to learn about life in general. Sorry if I depressed anyone I'm actualy a happy guy.
Peace. :grin:

Edited by Loki4545 (06/13/04 02:20 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience