Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Umm... help?
    #2786466 - 06/12/04 12:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Here's the deal: me and my friend have tripped 3 times in the past few months (4/30, 5/17, 6/10/04). We have eaten them in the past but never enough to trip. Anyhow, EACH time we trip it has just been me and my best friend, Sam.

I handle the shrooms fine. The first and this most recent time, my come up was pretty intense, but I think the first time it was not knowing how to handle what was coming and this past time I think it was partially the fact that I ate a 'high times'. Anyway, like I said... other than the potential to have a somewhat 'difficult' come-up, I have had spectacular trips. I only freaked out once and that was the second time of these three, and that was ONLY because my friend started freaking bad (panic attack) and that dropped my mood like a sack of rocks. My come down is never bad. If I start to feel depressed I can always come out of it within a few minutes.

Now... my friend Sam, on the other hand, is a little different. He handles his come up fine. He even has enjoyable trips (this previous time for sure because he lightened his dose so it wouldn't be as intense) up until a point. That point is going from peak to come down. He gets depressed and apparently it affects him differently. This has led him to have a panic attack (second time), throw up (all three times... although the throwing up was good for him and didn't make him trip any harder), and this past time he said he was having a panic attack again but he said it had come on because he had been thinking about suicide and how he thought it wouldn't have mattered if he committed suicide (I assured him otherwise, believe me). Normally he doesn't think suicidally. For instance, now that he is sober (well, sober or smokin' herb) he is fine and isn't depressed in the least and for DAMN sure isn't thinking suicide.

What I want to know is... is there any way for my friend to have a good trip but then do something to ensure that he doesn't start thinking negatively? If he ever agrees to trip with me again, I figure I want to try something like having him take a half bar of xanax after a little while into his peak so that he can fall asleep right after his peak and not have time to freak out. Is this plausible or should my friend just not eat shrooms anymore? I want him to be able to shroom because I have had such great experiences and I want him to be able to be on the same level because I know he would love it. But I also don't want him to eat them if they will just make him have panic attacks every time because I never want to hear him mention suicide ever again. So... any suggestions? I'm worried about my friend.

Another thing we did last night to try to calm him down was deep breathing. He said it helped a little but wasn't enough. We ate the shrooms at 10:30 and I fell asleep at 4 am, him at 5 am. And we initially tried to go to bed at about 2.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Umm... help? [Re: Bonez420]
    #2786558 - 06/12/04 12:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

What I want to know is... is there any way for my friend to have a good trip but then do something to ensure that he doesn't start thinking negatively?

you anwser is to the left of the fountain of youth right next to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :smirk:

half a bar isn't going to make him go to sleep, it would defentaly help with panic attacks and such, maybe at doses much higer then you mentioned it'd knock him out but 1mg will just kinda calm you down a bit, you'll still be trippin. not much you can do about the thinkin problem though, i mean dose when you don't have a lot going on that's stressin you out and you're in a postive mindset ect. is really all you can do and be around good friends that don't talk about killing people and shit like that :stoned:

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Umm... help? [Re: John]
    #2786736 - 06/12/04 01:35 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Do you guys keep tripping in the same place, or same kind of place, every time?  If you do, that could easily be it.  Go some-fucking-where else.  Move around a bit, or change your surroundings radically.  Don't just sit in a room for six hours; that can be hellish after a while.  :smile:

If that doesn't work -- and I have a good feeling that it might -- get a hold of a five or ten mg Valium and give it to him when he starts showing signs of going south.

Also, if a trip is turning unpleasant, I've found that I can power through it by doing some kind of task that takes attention but isn't too complicated.  Playing Soul Calibur got me through my last unpleasant stretch ... and dear god, the colors and movements were amazing.  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2786739 - 06/12/04 01:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, yeah, I meant to add ... it's all about set, setting, and dose.  :smile:  Make sure your (mind-)set is good, try to make sure that your setting isn't gonna bring you down, and be sure of your dose -- maybe lower it for a bit.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinecherokee
tennis shoes
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nationwide Flag
    #2786869 - 06/12/04 02:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If all three times for him have led to the same place then he obviously has some internal conflicts to get over. Instead of letting the conflicts depress him tell him to analyze them and find the source of them. Mushrooms can be very therapeutic.

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Re: Umm... help? [Re: cherokee]
    #2787367 - 06/12/04 11:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

First off, just want to say THANK YOU for all of the responses.

phenethyl - perhaps as long as it is enough to calm him down, he wouldn't mind the fact that he is still tripping? I just want him to be able to relax and not feel anxious.

FORGOT TO MENTION: One thing that could've brought on his panic attack the second time we tripped was the fact that his ex-girlfriend (who about a month or two ago cheated on him for the second time, got married to some guy, then got pregnant) had just called. So that probably screwed up his emotions.

Sev - The first time was a night trip and we had a fire but we made a few trips inside to get different things (cd players, more weed, etc.) Second time we alternated between backyard and front yard. In the front yard we would sit in his car and listen to music. We had just come back to the front yard (and were listening to "Eulogy" by Tool and his girlfriend had just called) when he freaked out. Third time we were about to go to bed when he just started worrying that he would never be able to come down and then like I said, he mentioned suicide. So we move around a little bit, but maybe we should walk down his road some time (he lives out where there are a lot of little back roads). Or do stuff inside.

Smoker For Peace - I agree. The first time, my trip started to get kind of weird at the end but I looked at it in the form of learning something about myself and it turned out great. The thing is he doesn't let himself think it through because he just starts panicking and it's hard to calm him down. I'll mention this to him again though, because I agree that he should think it all through.

Thanks again.

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #2787742 - 06/12/04 02:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

About the suicide thing, I think all of us have been pretty deep have realized it wouldnt matter if we died, totally normal thought process imo :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience