Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeath_by_desire
me
Loc: In your mind!
No pins?!?!?!
    #2784840 - 06/11/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well.. I've had my cakes in my cool box for 2 weeks (minus half a day or so in which I dunked them)...
And yeah there's nothing to be seen... temperature has been kept between 74 and 78 the whole time... humidity is pretty high, it only takes an hour for the plastic bag over the box to fog up... I'm using wet perlite... been fanning regularly at different intervals. ATM at usually twice a day...

So what could be wrong? 2 things come to mind, some of my jars were infact a bit smaller then 1/2 pint + I don't think I specifically used BROWN rice flour but just bought rice flour from a organic health food store place (thats the closest I could come) but still I don't think that these things should make it so that pins wont show... or? Is it possible that my spores are just fucked up and don't produce fruits or something??!?

Thanks a lot

--------------------
www.powertabs.net <--- best guitar tablature site ever!!!

Edited by death_by_desire (06/11/04 12:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineberto23
Stranger
Loc: NJ
Re: No pins?!?!?! [Re: death_by_desire]
    #2784876 - 06/11/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

of course theres no set time for them to pin.. its usually between 7-14 days so your at the end of the average time.... of course averages are just that... averages. It could also be that you didnt let the cakes finish colonizing cause humidity soudns fine and temp is good. They wont pin unless theres no more food for the mycelium to grow over and also needs other things like light, drop in temp. You didnt say if your giving it light i bet you are tho. Id just wait longer... growin shrooms takes a lot of patience.

--------------------
the shnozzberrys taste like shnozzberrys

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
    #2785028 - 06/11/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

death_by_desire said:
Well.. I've had my cakes in my cool box for 2 weeks (minus half a day or so in which I dunked them)...
And yeah there's nothing to be seen... temperature has been kept between 74 and 78 the whole time... humidity is pretty high, it only takes an hour for the plastic bag over the box to fog up... I'm using wet perlite... been fanning regularly at different intervals. ATM at usually twice a day...

So what could be wrong? 2 things come to mind, some of my jars were infact a bit smaller then 1/2 pint + I don't think I specifically used BROWN rice flour but just bought rice flour from a organic health food store place (thats the closest I could come) but still I don't think that these things should make it so that pins wont show... or? Is it possible that my spores are just fucked up and don't produce fruits or something??!?

Thanks a lot

Patience son, patience, I was just like you, waited 3 weeks for my cakes to pin and nothing, when I just lost hope they all started fruiting up the ass, now I have about 9-10 cakes full of shrooms that are growing by the minute :smile:

Offlinedeath_by_desire
me
Re: No pins?!?!?! [Re: Hallucinogen]
    #2786786 - 06/12/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ok great that soungs good... I needed to hear that.
I'm not making mysefl crazy and have no problem with being patient.. but after 2 weeks I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't another problem I might not have been concidering that I could have avoided...
thanks a lot

--------------------

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
    #2786937 - 06/12/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

np man, we all were noobs :smile:

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20
Magic Mushroom spores = $12
Growing your own Magic Mushrooms = Priceless

Edited by Hallucinogen (06/12/04 03:42 PM)

Offlinedeath_by_desire
me
Re: No pins?!?!?! [Re: Hallucinogen]
    #2804738 - 06/18/04 07:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

*being patient*... ahh still nothing *sigh*
Its now 3 weeks and counting... what if I still don't see anything after another week... just give up or what? Perhaps try casing my cakes instead... hmm, oh well.. I guess I'll just wait some more...

--------------------

Offlinedeath_by_desire
me
    #2820192 - 06/23/04 08:04 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok is it like possible that my spores are just fucked up?!?!?!
Its been: I don't know how long... but about 5 weeks... definetly more than a month and there is nothing to be seen... the mycelium grew perfectly but now nothing is happening...
Has anyone ever experienced this? Is there any hope?

--------------------

OfflineGrouch
el brujo

Loc: New Mex
    #2820623 - 06/23/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Pictures would help a lot. 5 Weeks does seem a bit long for your cakes not to be showing at least some signs of pinning. Primordia, knots, etc.. There is a slight possibility you wound up with a non fruiting strain, however if you got the spores from a sponsored vendor that is highly unklikely. Are you giving them adequate amounts of light, humidity, and air exchange? If they do not look dried out and still appear fluffy and with rigorous growth, I would suggest waiting it out a bit more, or dunking and giving it another go.

elbrujo

--------------------
The Mexican Wizard

Offlinedeath_by_desire
me
Re: No pins?!?!?! [Re: Grouch]
    #2821027 - 06/23/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well I did buy my spores from a professional vendo... it was http://www.shayanashop.com/ a shop from amsterdam...
And yes I have been giving them enough of everything... air exchange regularly twice a day... enough light... and perlite humidification. It takes a little under an hour for the plastic bag over my cool box to fog up...
But as a matter of fact they do look quite dried out, though I dunked them before putting them in the box... should I try dunking them again.. do you think that would help.
I'm getting very frustrated cause I#ve used up all my spores...
thanks a lot

PS: and I'll try to get up some ppics this week... I'll have to borrow a camera though, I think my neighbour has one...

--------------------

Edited by death_by_desire (06/23/04 01:05 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds