Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetimeslip
Stranger
Questions about PF Tek--Measurements and jar caps
    #2784020 - 06/11/04 08:43 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm about to spend a day packing jars and want to ensure that I do it exactly RIGHT this time. I lost so many jars to who-knows-what last time, that I've been researching these boards and want to make sure I'm doing things more exactly this time.

In regards to the PF Tek, I've been reading through the various techniques in this website, and have been trying to determine the correct amount of water, vermiculite and brown rice flour for each half-pint jar. Like the PF Tek book says 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup vermiculite, and 55ccs of water. CCs? Another one mentions using milliliters.

But one specifically says to use 1/2 cup vermiculite, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup flour for a 1/2 pint jar. Is this recommended?

Secondly, when preparing the jars for the PC, we screwed the lids on tight and taped over the holes and put them into the PC. I read in the PF Tek book that the lids should be screwed on loosely (and cover the top with aluminum foil) so the steam can quickly penetrate the jars. However, the methods outlined in this site say to screw the lids on tight. When I did this the first time in February, we screwed the lids on tight and had a resulting low yield.

Which is it? Screwed on tight or loose?

Thanks!

timeslip

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions about PF Tek--Measurements and jar caps [Re: timeslip]
    #2784351 - 06/11/04 11:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

But one specifically says to use 1/2 cup vermiculite, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup flour for a 1/2 pint jar. Is this recommended?

Yes, that mix works well.

Quote:

Secondly, when preparing the jars for the PC, we screwed the lids on tight and taped over the holes and put them into the PC. I read in the PF Tek book that the lids should be screwed on loosely (and cover the top with aluminum foil) so the steam can quickly penetrate the jars. However, the methods outlined in this site say to screw the lids on tight. When I did this the first time in February, we screwed the lids on tight and had a resulting low yield.

Which is it? Screwed on tight or loose?

Myself I just taped the holes shut, tighten down the lids, no foil.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: Questions about PF Tek--Measurements and jar caps [Re: timeslip]
    #2784356 - 06/11/04 11:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i use foil over the lid when i pc jars, and also have the lid screwed tight on. never had a problem

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation