Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
just chill a second
    #2783255 - 06/10/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Rarely in today's world do we ever take time to enjoy a few peaceful moments. In the interconnected, Internet-driven business world, it is always "business hours" somewhere. And even when we're not doing business, we're busy entertaining or being entertained, socializing, exercising, eating, playing, sleeping, shopping, cleaning, gardening or keeping all of our stuff maintained.

When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing -- just sitting and looking at the sea, or watching the wind blowing the tree limbs, or waves rippling on a pond, a flickering candle or children playing in the park? When was the last time you didn't have something scheduled, that you could just relax and sit until you were ready to move on?

Sometimes we need time to sort things out. Especially in the hurry-up world where information comes at us with blazing speed. A few peaceful moments now and then can help us to see more clearly, to put things in perspective. There is so much beauty around us, in the things we hurry past every day. Beauty that can, if we let it, spark our creativity, provide balance, give us strength and inspire us. It is important to have a time when we let down our defenses, just accepting and enjoying the beauty around us.

Stop every now and then. Just stop and enjoy. Take a deep breath. Relax and take in the abundance of life.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: just chill a second [Re: CleverName]
    #2783285 - 06/10/04 10:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'll smoke to that. :stoned:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2783290 - 06/10/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

can't put anything else down bu

indeed!!  awesome post! 

think I'm going to go look at the trees and stars now 

:heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineCrazybassist
Stranger
Loc: California in the USofA
    #2783317 - 06/10/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I couldn't have put it any more clearly myself. last time i did shrooms, i thought about those things exactly, and that its very sad that people work there lives away. For what exactly? I dont know.

--------------------
One By oNe thE yArd GNOmes StEaL my SanITy...

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: just chill a second [Re: Crazybassist]
    #2783343 - 06/10/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I dont know...to feed their children??? have a roof over their families head? make sure their children get a good education?

hard work is good for the mind, body and soul.

I dont want anybody dissing hard work on my watch. If you arent a hard worker, then you arent going to get anywhere in this world. And by anywhere, I dont mean on the recieving end of a fat pay check.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineCleverName

Re: just chill a second [Re: Positronius]
    #2783364 - 06/10/04 10:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i agree, i said chill a second. once in a while a healthy pause is good for mind, body,and soul. props to those who can hold down a job! balance

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2783507 - 06/10/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Good message, Clever.  I think I needed to hear/read that right now.  The world is spinning and I can't get off.    :crazy:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#2783573 - 06/10/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I love those Corona beer commercials where it's done with no dialogue whatsoever, just someone on the beach with the sound of the surf- totally laid back.

I hated their beer, but I love their commercials!  :beer: :cheers:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2783755 - 06/11/04 01:51 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I just smoked some DMT within the past couple hours here and once I came down (it lasts about 20-30 minutes MAX for me), I was thinking about this same thing - I ended up just chilling out on my bed; just chilling there listening to the chaos of my neighborhood on a Thursday evening, thinking about how I never "just chill" anymore like I used to.

Let's drop this restlessness, people! Its getting us into trouble!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #2783860 - 06/11/04 03:45 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I love gazing at the stars, it freshens my spirit.

also you'd be surprised how much shooting stars ive seen this year.
about 6.

time by yourself is very important!! everyone should do it. Every night i go for at least  a 5 min walk (minimum). Sometimes i go for hours, laying down, looking up at the sky.

Go for a walk, be aware of your five senses, concentrate and relax, be thankful for the gifts.

also let the breath of the earth (the wind) synergise with your spirit its one of the greatest feelings

And nothing beats meditation in the forest ... except meditation in the mountains :smile:

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Edited by OOISI (06/11/04 03:51 AM)

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2784152 - 06/11/04 08:10 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

haha you wrote your post exactly like advertisments are written! Keep what you wrote and then at the end add something like "That's why you should choose B&F mutual funds" and then sell it for a million and a quarter dollars.

OfflineCleverName

Re: just chill a second [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2784291 - 06/11/04 09:12 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

hmmmm? i have nothing to sell right now....maybe i could sell something like 'holy air'...something thats completely ridiculous

--------------------

this is the purpose

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2784767 - 06/11/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CleverName said:
Rarely in today's world do we ever take time to enjoy a few peaceful moments.

No, I totally disagree. At least a few times a day if I'm working I go outside and find a quiet bench to sit on while sipping a coffee and enjoying the scenery. I know a lot of people who do this. Actually, I think most people try enjoying peaceful moments at least a few times a day. You're totally exaggerating.

Quote:

And even when we're not doing business, we're busy entertaining or being entertained, socializing, exercising, eating, playing, sleeping, shopping, cleaning, gardening or keeping all of our stuff maintained.

Well, I don't know about you, but I find exercising to be pretty peaceful. I mountain bike through quiet ravines. It's beautiful and there's nobody around. I also think that most people find gardening peaceful. Have you ever even gardened before? I'm pretty sure that going outside and contemplating where to put the flowers is something that most people find peaceful.

Quote:

When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing --

Does sipping a coffee count as something? How about drinking water? Breathing? What if I'm sitting on my bike peddling? I guess to answer your question I do this at least once a day. Most times that I sit down and enjoy the peace and quite I'm drinking a coffee or some water so I'm not counting those times.

Anyway . . . your post is full of idealistic nonsense. I get my refresher time by mountain biking or by taking breaks once in a while by sitting outside and having a drink (usually coffee or water). I don't really see how this could be any less refreshing than sitting there doing nothing at all. If sitting outside doing nothing but observing the scenery allows me to enjoy the view of nature, why not engage my other senses by having a coffee and enjoying the taste and smell of the coffee? Why not enjoy nature by bouncing down dirt trails surrounded by trees?

OfflineCleverName

Re: just chill a second [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #2784845 - 06/11/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

im happy for you. im happy that you know what brings you peace. if more people were like you (knowing what brings them peace), then the world would more peaceful, i think.

--------------------

this is the purpose

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2784895 - 06/11/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

And I'm happy for you too.

OfflineCleverName

#2784953 - 06/11/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

btw, i see you drink coffee. what is your favorite brand? i like my coffee with chicory...French Market or Luzianne are the two brands i enjoy drinking. have you ever tasted a coffee-chicory blend? they're usually from Luisiana(sp)

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineCleverName

#2785027 - 06/11/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

why do you think that this is idealistic nonsense? whats so nonsensical about it? i think just about everybody can benefit from taking in whatever experience brings them peace.

i enjoy gardening, too. i enjoy planing out the way i want my garden to look. i draw it on paper first to see what i like. it is a very nice hobby.

also, are you in college? have you already graduated? what was your major? i only ask because you seem intelligent.

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #2785106 - 06/11/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ah man when I was in canada there was this shade grown - sun dried coffee - mmmmm.

Anyway - nice post Dude - I like ya name . ha !
Sweet !
And cheers for the laugh Mixi .

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2785148 - 06/11/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CleverName said:
btw, i see you drink coffee. what is your favorite brand? i like my coffee with chicory...French Market or Luzianne are the two brands i enjoy drinking. have you ever tasted a coffee-chicory blend? they're usually from Luisiana(sp)

is it fair trade? because if it isnt, you are forcing people to work alot harder than then they should be working.

Slave-driver.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: just chill a second [Re: Positronius]
    #2785179 - 06/11/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Just don't by any coffee, better that they starve than be employed, right?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale