Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTanavast
Stranger
Male

Loc: Roshar
LC in the mail?!
    #27833429 - 06/23/22 06:21 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

So generally, I only use the trusted vendors here at the but I was having trouble finding certain genetics that I wanted.  I won’t mention the vendor but it’s one of the more we’ll known ones that I’m sure you’ve all come across.  Anyway, I ordered a couple from their spore syringe section and another couple from their “isolated genetics” and thought nothing of it. Fast forward today I received the package and opened it up and checked the syringes and I was at first very sad.  I pulled two out and they appeared brown and dirty.    Held them up to the light….mycelium.  They sent me LC. So I immediately went back to their sight to see how I missed this.  I was under the impression that vendors could not sell live mycelium, so I dig around their sight and found my explanation.  They said they did some lab work on their LCs and text results came back with 0 controlled substances, therefore their legal team advised them that there would be no legal issues with them selling said lcs.

So my question(s) for you beautiful folks is, is this a new thing? Did you guys know this already?  Am I a jackass? Am I right to be pumped to be able to buy LCs from vendors? Are there possible problems you could see with buying LCs from vendors.

Thanks in advance! Can’t wait for feedback

Also, I’ve read the rules and as a little disclaimer I am not mentioning this vendor or even promoting it I just truly want to discuss the fact that they’re selling LCs and the benefits/things to watch out for from doing so’

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycoRob
Male User Gallery

Re: LC in the mail?! [Re: Tanavast]
    #27833466 - 06/23/22 06:46 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I believe I know the vendor you’re talking about and I think they’re the only one I’ve seen with psilocybe LC for sale. I happen to have two spawn bags inoculated with their B+ iso LC right now and it’s looking great so far. They were recommended to me and so far so good. Will be buying from them again.

OfflineTanavast
Stranger
Male

Re: LC in the mail?! [Re: MycoRob]
    #27833472 - 06/23/22 06:48 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I’m sure you know exactly who I’m talking about and that’s good news I’m excited!  And yeah it’s the only one I’ve seen that’s doing this!

InvisibleMycoRob
Male User Gallery

#27833485 - 06/23/22 06:53 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

This is 10 days after inoculation and three days after shaking the bag. Really impressed so far

OfflineRotnpins
🤮 Rotten-Pins 🍄
Male User Gallery

Loc: in (front of) the hood
Re: LC in the mail?! [Re: MycoRob] * 1
    #27833791 - 06/23/22 10:51 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MycoRob said:
This is 10 days after inoculation and three days after shaking the bag. Really impressed so far

I could be wrong, but that bag looks bacterial to me. I think I can see metabolites, it looks wet, grains are pressed against the side and the mycelium looks a bit thick and creamy..

Check out the signs of contamination link in my signature

Anyone else think it looks suspect?

If this came from a pre made LC, I'd test some on agar..

Edit- come to think of it, I think I know the vendor you're talking about too. I was looking at their site earlier today :lol:

Edited by Rotnpins (06/23/22 10:59 PM)

OfflineTanavast
Stranger
Male

Re: LC in the mail?! [Re: Rotnpins]
    #27833829 - 06/23/22 11:26 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rotnpins said:
Quote:

MycoRob said:

I could be wrong, but that bag looks bacterial to me. I think I can see metabolites, it looks wet, grains are pressed against the side and the mycelium looks a bit thick and creamy..

Check out the signs of contamination link in my signature

Anyone else think it looks suspect?

If this came from a pre made LC, I'd test some on agar..

Edit- come to think of it, I think I know the vendor you're talking about too. I was looking at their site earlier today :lol:

I’m willing to bet you do.  They get mentioned fairly often by redditors and by some of the mush cult YouTubers

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LC in the mail?! [Re: Tanavast] * 1
    #27834143 - 06/24/22 09:00 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I ordered some of the syringes in question to see what they were working with. 2 of the 4 syringes are bacterial and i'm working on getting clean cultures. So dont be fooled into thinking that these are a 100% clean option. Just stating my experience with them so far.

GT and B+ seem clean. The ape and pe, bacterial.

At least the ones i got. :shrug:

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

OfflineRotnpins
🤮 Rotten-Pins 🍄
Male User Gallery

Re: LC in the mail?! [Re: MycoRob]
    #27834238 - 06/24/22 09:58 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

MycoRob, is this the same vendor that has those SN syringes?

LotKid, do you have a second opinion if that bag looks bacterial? I know you've got a lot of experience with bags.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27834245 - 06/24/22 10:02 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

You guys don't make your own syringes? :awehigh:

--------------------
If I wasn't spirit_shadow I'd want to be spirit_shadow.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OfflineRotnpins
🤮 Rotten-Pins 🍄
Male User Gallery

Re: LC in the mail?! [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #27834270 - 06/24/22 10:17 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
You guys don't make your own syringes? :awehigh:

:lol: I do.. main reason I'd buy a syringe is to get spores of something like SN APE that is hard to find or APE that notoriously reverts from swabs :shrug:

Idk about buying pre made B+ LC.. especially if it's possibly bacterial anyway.. I'd rather do the work myself so if it contaminates its my own damn fault.

If I spent decent money to get a pre made LC, I'd expect that shit to be clean :lol:

InvisibleE_Dubbya
Male

#27834277 - 06/24/22 10:20 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I do use the vendor quite a bit, against my better judgement. Everything I've received has had some form of contams, so needs cleaned up. But I truly do love his APE isolate, nice and potent.

And don't buy into the 'our LC contains no actives'. Understand the risk you are taking before you buy the LC isolates. It's on you.

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineSeamonkey84
Stranger

#27834281 - 06/24/22 10:24 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

So far I’ve gotten all my genetics from two individuals on IG, I get colonized plates of isolates. I still haven’t played with any spores.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

Re: LC in the mail?! [Re: Seamonkey84]
    #27834286 - 06/24/22 10:26 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

The last time I used a vendor was like 8+ years ago (sorry shroomery I still love you and support you :lol:)

--------------------
If I wasn't spirit_shadow I'd want to be spirit_shadow.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OfflineRotnpins
🤮 Rotten-Pins 🍄
Male User Gallery

Re: LC in the mail?! [Re: Seamonkey84] * 1
    #27834305 - 06/24/22 10:36 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seamonkey84 said:
So far I’ve gotten all my genetics from two individuals on IG, I get colonized plates of isolates. I still haven’t played with any spores.

:what: doesn't that take all the fun out of it :lol:

I'm just giving you a hard time.. but, seriously, half the fun in this hobby comes from the sense of accomplishment when you start from spores and are able to grow, isolate, and perfect something yourself, imo. :shrug:

OfflineTanavast
Stranger
Male

Re: LC in the mail?! [Re: E_Dubbya]
    #27834356 - 06/24/22 11:27 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

E_Dubbya said:
I do use the vendor quite a bit, against my better judgement. Everything I've received has had some form of contams, so needs cleaned up. But I truly do love his APE isolate, nice and potent.

And don't buy into the 'our LC contains no actives'. Understand the risk you are taking before you buy the LC isolates. It's on you.

Oh I totally agree.  As I said in the op I didn’t even know, I thought I was just buying spore syringes.  You think that the tests they were running were bogus? Is their legal team a bunch of dummies and they have it wrong? Does all live mycelium have active substances in it? Not trying to argue or anything just trying to learn!

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#27834363 - 06/24/22 11:35 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Sometimes spores can germinate in the syringe, that could have happened as well.

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflineTanavast
Stranger
Male

#27834372 - 06/24/22 11:42 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

1.) I didn’t know that that’s kinda cool
2.) I checked after the order and these guys are 100% selling LCs now under the “isolated genetics” section of their site.  I’m no pro but it’s definitely LC

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#27834385 - 06/24/22 11:56 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tanavast said:
1.) I didn’t know that that’s kinda cool
2.) I checked after the order and these guys are 100% selling LCs now under the “isolated genetics” section of their site.  I’m no pro but it’s definitely LC

Yeah I was just letting you know lol. It usually happens to me when I make a syringe and forget about it forever :lol:

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflineSeamonkey84
Stranger

#27834389 - 06/24/22 11:58 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Yea I know, but I also hate wasting the time and space playing with seeds, almost all my plants are clones 😂

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
    #27834410 - 06/24/22 12:14 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rotnpins said:
MycoRob, is this the same vendor that has those SN syringes?

LotKid, do you have a second opinion if that bag looks bacterial? I know you've got a lot of experience with bags.

Difficult to tell from pic :shrug:

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag