Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerecklesssmurf
Stranger
 User Gallery
First timer Golden Teacher, feedback welcome * 1
    #27833498 - 06/23/22 09:05 PM (1 day, 19 hours ago)

OK, after reading a lot about these trials for TRD, and PTSD, I've decided to start growing my own medicine.
So I got a GT spore syringe. I watched a bunch of youtube, and they varied kind of a lot, so I decided to sort of add them together based only on what made sense to me, and basically here's what I got. Also some choices were made to save on loot.
I am using whole oats in a 3 pound bag with a self healing port. 2 micro filter. I rinses the grains, and boiled them till they were fully hydrated (no white when cut in half). in the grains I added slaked lime to the boil.
after draining the grains, I scooped them into the gain bag, and it just fit into my instant pot. I used high pressure for 2 hours. the next day I inoculated and put some medical tape over the port. I also used medical tape to seal the bag up.
initially I thought it failed, as it took 5 days to show any since of mycelium. but after it started it went really fast. I dont see any signs of contam, and now at at the point where Im ready for the monotub.
I bought a big 106 liter one. I plan on using neglect tek with the tub unmodified. I Just am now waiting for my bulk substrate mix to cool. my mix is cgv with some more lime. Im going to max and not case this time, to see how that goes. Ill update and add pics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKROM
Lurker
 User Gallery

Re: First timer Golden Teacher, feedback welcome [Re: recklesssmurf] * 3
    #27833511 - 06/23/22 09:19 PM (1 day, 19 hours ago)

PF tek is a reliable method for multispore grows. I recommend fruiting cakes in a water tub. Lime is not necessary for cubensis. And 106q is very large for a monotub, people typically use roughly half that size. Spores to grain is not recommended, as outlined very well in this thread. And inoculation should be carried out in a still air box. You can use your big bin for an SAB, if you are so inclined. Finally, instant pots only run at approximately 12.5 psi, so you likely need to extend your cook time to compensate.

Edit: a great thread on identifying healthy vs. contaminated grain spawn.

Edited by KROM (06/23/22 09:23 PM)

InvisibleRotnpinsS
🤮 Rotten-Pins 🍄
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sporetopia
Re: First timer Golden Teacher, feedback welcome [Re: KROM] * 1
    #27833623 - 06/23/22 10:23 PM (1 day, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

KROM said:
PF tek is a reliable method for multispore grows. I recommend fruiting cakes in a water tub. Lime is not necessary for cubensis. And 106q is very large for a monotub, people typically use roughly half that size. Spores to grain is not recommended, as outlined very well in this thread. And inoculation should be carried out in a still air box. You can use your big bin for an SAB, if you are so inclined. Finally, instant pots only run at approximately 12.5 psi, so you likely need to extend your cook time to compensate.

Edit: a great thread on identifying healthy vs. contaminated grain spawn.

:whathesaid:
That bag looks bacterial.  Definitely check out the links that KROM sent you. I think you'll find the information useful.

--------------------
Check out this very helpful write-up that every noob should read at least once- here

Updated PF Tek
Signs of contamination
Agar 1
Agar 2
Clean Spawn Checklist
Shoebox Tek
Surface Conditions
How to post pictures

Offlinerecklesssmurf
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First timer Golden Teacher, feedback welcome [Re: KROM]
    #27834247 - 06/24/22 12:02 PM (1 day, 4 hours ago)

thanks so much. I will totally be doing agar inoculation. I am a bit familiar due to propagating yeast for brewing. then I think Ill give it a go transferring wedges to grain spawn bag. I dont really want to use jars just because the instant pot is so small. Ill price out a pc, and see if thats an option now. I think that I do have bacterial growth though, I didnt know how to identify it in a bag. I've seen mostly tubs in the 66 or so size, not realizing depth was an issue. im thinking if too thin it will dry out too soon. the sab for my tub is a great idea. thanks guys! I have some serious changes to make. i did use a bucket liner when making my bulk, so it should stay ok while waiting for all this to happen, I think.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Leggo my ego
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: First timer Golden Teacher, feedback welcome [Re: recklesssmurf] * 1
    #27834264 - 06/24/22 12:15 PM (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Welcome to shroomery! :vibin:

Pf tek to shoebox, is in my opinion,the cheapest/easiest method by far as the shoebox tek is literally set and forget:shroomeryhead:

Shoebox tek link is in my sig :thumbup:

--------------------
If I wasn't spirit_shadow I'd want to be diogenes .....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto
Ban yourself
Agar
Pf tek
Shoebox

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder