Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePainkiller
shaman
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses * 1
    #27770578 - 05/10/22 12:17 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I discovered just minutes ago to that if I breathe in and out as softly as possible that I would get into higher and higher states of consciousnesses so I thought I'd share it for the benefit of all.

Edited by Painkiller (05/10/22 03:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFridgedoor
Psssssst!
Male

Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: Painkiller]
    #27770604 - 05/10/22 01:40 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Are you slowly breathing in for as long as possible and then do the same when breathing out? I do that sometimes too. Initially it started without me even realizing. I only noticed what's happening, when I got the stoney feeling it induces. It's also a nice thing to do on mushrooms. Cool someone else has experienced that! You think the effects might just be the result of oxygen deprivation in the brain?

--------------------
Hokus Pokus Fidibus!

InvisibleZeeBow
 User Gallery

Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: Painkiller]
    #27775437 - 05/13/22 11:00 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Wow, this is so simple yet effective! Thank you for sharing. I get horrible anxiety, especially right upon waking up... my go to is lurking on here while sitting in the bathroom most mornings when I feel shitty like this (bad pun, ha!) endlessly scrolling through threads.

Within seconds of trying your breathing technique I felt a calm wave wash over me. Thank you so very much! Have a wonderful day :smile:

OfflinePainkiller
shaman
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: ZeeBow]
    #27776227 - 05/13/22 10:37 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Glad to be of service :smile:

Offline3 Go D3ath
Student Of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: Fridgedoor] * 1
    #27780910 - 05/16/22 10:42 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Fridgedoor said:
Are you slowly breathing in for as long as possible and then do the same when breathing out? I do that sometimes too. Initially it started without me even realizing. I only noticed what's happening, when I got the stoney feeling it induces. It's also a nice thing to do on mushrooms. Cool someone else has experienced that! You think the effects might just be the result of oxygen deprivation in the brain?

I highly doubt this has anything to do with oxygen deprivation. There are many breathing techniques that enduce a higher state of consciousness. If a healthy person is at a resting heart rate, slow breathing would not deprive the body of oxygen.

--------------------
We are the music makers, & we are the dreamers of the dreams...

InvisibleFridgedoor
Psssssst!
Male

Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: 3 Go D3ath]
    #27780957 - 05/16/22 11:33 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Definitly, there are many ways to change ones state of mind. Just blowing into a fire to give it some oxygen does things to my perception.

--------------------
Hokus Pokus Fidibus!

Offlinesyncro
Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: Fridgedoor]
    #27781942 - 05/17/22 05:48 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

It's interesting the connection between movement of mind and breathing. It is said in samadhis, deep states of meditation, the breathing is very slight if perceptible, as we can see approaching that, or if some here are doing samadhis. It reminds me of in the Maharamayana speaking of effort in practice, and that a greatest effort would be to stop the breath. This is not self-suffocation - there is somehow oxygenation as in pranayam? But who can stop the breathing? An emphasis in yogas is to focus on the spaces between the breaths, where inhalation stops and before exhalation begins within, and after exhalation before inhalation without. These spaces expand. I often focus on these in meditation, calling it running the energy. Why I choose that I don't know -I heard it from my ex involving psychic work. But the space does run the energy as it were - the substance of silence, or prana fills in.

Edited by syncro (05/18/22 02:38 AM)

OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Loc: Colorado USA
Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: Fridgedoor]
    #27786285 - 05/20/22 11:03 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Fridgedoor said:
You think the effects might just be the result of oxygen deprivation in the brain?

That may be playing some roll.

--------------------
personal note: "It’s fair to say I’m stepping out on a limb, but I am on the edge and that’s where it happens.”

InvisibleFridgedoor
Psssssst!
Male

Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: Nikon Addict]
    #27786287 - 05/20/22 11:10 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

My thought was that if depriving your body from other things like for example food and sleep can facilitate visionary states, why shouldn't oxygen deprivation do something similar?

--------------------
Hokus Pokus Fidibus!

OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Loc: Colorado USA
Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: 3 Go D3ath]
    #27786298 - 05/20/22 11:18 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jakenew101 said:
I highly doubt this has anything to do with oxygen deprivation. There are many breathing techniques that enduce a higher state of consciousness. If a healthy person is at a resting heart rate, slow breathing would not deprive the body of oxygen.

If you're slowly filling your lungs and then slowly exhaling, you're lungs are supplying a low volume of oxygen that can be transported into the blood. The breathing techniques that I'm aware of all involve steady breathing that fill the lungs with full volumes of air or rapid breathing that provides constant fresh air in the lungs. I'm no expert when it comes to breathing techniques, I'll admit that but I just tried this and didn't feel right at all. If you have X volume of air in your lungs and you're not replacing the air, there's going to be poorer and poorer exchange. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know...

--------------------
personal note: "It’s fair to say I’m stepping out on a limb, but I am on the edge and that’s where it happens.”

OfflineTrubliss
Male

#27828316 - 06/20/22 07:31 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

There are breathing techniques like the Wim Hof method that are based on quick inhalations during 30s and than a non breathing section for 1 to 4 minutes. My experience on them is a very clear minded state which can be very good as a morning routine exercise.

When people are under stress or feel anxious many times its due to hyperventilation and the resulting excessive oxygen in the body or brain. Here it helps to take slow breaths in and take the doulbe time to breathe out making a 1:2 or 1:3 pattern: 4s breathing in and 8s breathing out or 4s breathing in and 12s breathing out.

--------------------
Raising emotional states

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA
Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: Trubliss]
    #27831971 - 06/22/22 04:13 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

The Wim Hof method is amazing. Especially on mushrooms. Trust me, try it. Gotta practice first though so you can learn to do it right. There's a free app called Go Deeper that will time it for you, so you don't have to pay for the Wim Hof app.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineTrubliss
Male

Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: Forrester]
    #27832058 - 06/22/22 05:49 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
The Wim Hof method is amazing. Especially on mushrooms. Trust me, try it. Gotta practice first though so you can learn to do it right. There's a free app called Go Deeper that will time it for you, so you don't have to pay for the Wim Hof app.

Oh wow, thank you for sharing your experience! I will give it a go. With or without mushrooms, the Wim Hof Method is great anyhow!
I used a free video from Wim Hof on Youtube to do this exercise. I found it very pleasing and relaxing to hear his instructions while doing the breathing. They gave me a slight increase in motivation to withold the breath for a little longer.

By the way: Neuroscientists found out that cold water showers increase dopamine and its release is sustained over a long period of time. They improve mood and happiness in a sustainable way.
I do it since 3 years 90% of the days. I will never go back to warm showers.

--------------------
Raising emotional states

Edited by Trubliss (06/22/22 05:50 PM)

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: Trubliss]
    #27832503 - 06/23/22 03:12 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Me either! Cold showers are amazing. You feel so much better when you get out, and actually warmer than if you took a hot shower.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineTrubliss
Male

Re: Breathing technique I discovered to induce high states of consciousnesses [Re: Forrester]
    #27832821 - 06/23/22 11:00 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I went to have a look for the Go Deeper App, couldn't find it but I'm sure it is similar to any other Breathwork App that is out there.
Makes me eager to exchange my Meditation practice for a Breathwork practice. Aren't they just the same? I wonder. I find certain breathing exercises just so much more relaxing or energizing.

--------------------
Raising emotional states

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

#27833096 - 06/23/22 02:23 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Trubliss said:
I went to have a look for the Go Deeper App, couldn't find it but I'm sure it is similar to any other Breathwork App that is out there.
Makes me eager to exchange my Meditation practice for a Breathwork practice. Aren't they just the same? I wonder. I find certain breathing exercises just so much more relaxing or energizing.

It's unfortunately not something you can do on most other breath work apps I've tried.  The procedure is specific, you have to count deep breaths in and out 30-40 times, then hold the breath (out) and time that (then back to 30-40 breaths and repeat). None of the breath work apps I tried could do that but maybe you know one.

And yeah I think breath work can totally be a form of meditation.  While you are holding your breath out for so long (I often reach 4min) you have a very quiet place with no breath if you keep the mind still as well!

--------------------
-------------------

OfflineTrubliss
Male

#27833230 - 06/23/22 04:14 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Forester, Im happy we share this fascination for breathing and cold showers. Lets keep at it while it makes us feel better  :grin: 
In hands with a balanced nutrition I only see benefits in this behaviour!
:sunny:

--------------------
Raising emotional states

OfflineBlackseeds
Stranger
    #27838648 - 06/27/22 10:04 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Detoxing your body will achieve the highest state of consciousness

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order