Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hemp, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs.
    #2782955 - 06/10/04 09:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I made this thread on Yahooka, but I wish to post it here as well. I want to know what you people want to see in your future, and what you are doing to make it possible.

It's slowly becoming common knowledge to the general public that humanity is steadily accelerating in evolution, technology, communication, and in many other categories.

Not only are we progressing, which we've been doing since we've existed....but we are progressing MORE RAPIDLY then ever before on this planet.

I want people to be honest in this thread, and really think it out. What would you like to see happen in YOUR lifetime. Keep in mind that within the next 50 years, almost ANYTHING should be possible.

Here is what I'd like to see in the next 50 years:

first off, this is my belief. In order for ANY of these visions of mine to come true, humanity itself has to make a giant evolutionary leap. The leap from individuality and Ego, to collective concsiousness, as I believe was originally intended. I believe humanity is ONE living organism....not 6 billion seperate, unconnected organisms. The realization by atleast 50% of the people on this planet I believe will drastically change this planet. Heres what I want to see.

Better educational systems. - Children today are changing. ADD should be a sign of this change, and I dont believe drugs are the solution. I believe the whole system of education needs to be redone, re-created in a more intellectually stimulating sense. I believe the food schools serve needs to be FAR more healthier, and the information they teach needs to be changed as well. Less bias information in history and geography, and more of "What where they thinking" during those times, instead of "what year did whats his name do this". Less focusing on memory, more focusing on creativity.

Spirituality/Health schools, free of charge. I believe we're here on this planet not to become indulged in wordly issues, but to use this planet as a training ground, spiritually. I think our children need to be raised in a more spiritual and health-wise environment. Spirituality is a very relative subject, and I'm not speaking of religion. I'm speaking of technique, not belief. Teach children how to quiet their minds, how to meditate, how to eat properly and WHAT to eat. Teach children how to fast....etc etc. How to pray (as an affirmation to ones self or ones God).

The end of conversative Corporatism. Sure, terrorism may be a great threat to this world....but is it more of a threat than whats going on in america? Money is the ruling force in this planet, and has been as long as recorded history. However, I dont think it needs to be, in order for 6 billion people to survive. In fact, I think it does more damage than we all realize. I'd like to see more companies that consider Health, Evolution, and Respect just as important as financial interests.

End Corporate Healthcare, Start Curing Major diseases. I know what its like to suffer from disease. I know whats it like to watch someone suffer from cancer. I believe we need to start developing ways to cure these illnesses, not hide the symptoms. I do believe that every disease can be cured in its early stages, and I do believe that MOST diseases can be cured in their advanced stages. Especially if we develop technology to completely repair organs, without surgery, than I believe ANY disease , no matter the progression, can pretty much be cured. I do NOT believe that organizations such as The American Cancer Society are doing ANYTHING besides ripping people off. I do not believe in the path western medicine is taking. FOcusing on symptoms, and not the disease is just as harmful, if not MORE harmful, than not treating the disease itself.

Free wordly communcation networks. I would like to see, in the next 50 years, wireless broadband, wireless phone, and possibly new wireless communications technologies become free. If this can happen, evolution will GREATLY speed up on this planet, as will the knowledge and information our Humanity holds.

Religon Restored. It is now becoming common knowledge that much of todays religons are no longer the same teachings, at the core, as they once were. I would personally like to see the worlds TRUE religons be restored to their original intentions, and path of salvation. I would like to see the common person TRULY know why jesus died. I would like to see the common person TRULY know what Jesus did. I would like to see the common person TRULY understand karma and Right Livlihood, and budda taught. I would like to see more people understanding the Bhagavad Gita, instead of americans dismissing it as some "foreign" religion.

End of slavery. I would like to see my fellow americans, and fellow Humans, free from slavery. Yes, even if you are getting paid to work, you are still a slave. Why? Because you need money to live, in this world. Therefore, you are working to live. Instead, you should be living to work.

Work is supposed to be a beneficial thing, to earth, humanity, and to yourself. Work should NOT be stressful, or harmful to the body. Work should be in harmony with living.

Working in offices, or stressful environments cause disease, stress, and all sorts of illness.

I would liek to see work be restored to HONEST work. Working hard to support your family, to support humanity, to support our earth. Not working to make someone above youself have a bigger bank account.

Todays work is slavery. Factory like conditions are unacceptable.

I know much of what I'm visioning seems to not be possible, but I'll tell you, all of this is, and its possible within the next 50 years.

Do your part, and I'll do mine. Currently, I'm focusing my life on Health and Nutrition. I hope to someday play a huge role in humanities discovery of the cure for major illnesses.

I am going to start learning ancient techniques of fasting, nutrition, and TRUE exercise (breathwork, postures, etc). I am going to start learning energy work, and how to work with crystals and plants for the health of mankind. All of what I'm learning seems ridiculous and foreign to your average person. I want to change that. I want people to think of pills, and radiation therapy as ridiculous as we now think of the practices of Doctors 100 years ago.

My vision will not die. I will continue to make my visions come true.

What are your visions for the future?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs. [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2782978 - 06/10/04 09:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

id like to find my future grandchild reading a book under a tree. a tree that i planted today that will still be growing and strong, giving sustanence, shade, and protection to other creatures.

yes...that sounds mighty good to me.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yr [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2783042 - 06/10/04 10:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

legalization of the substances we all love, use of the wonderful hemp plant as a source of fabric, paper, food, entertainment, etc., and the world should have more purple in it. yes, lot's more purple

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs. [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2783072 - 06/10/04 10:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Legalize and produce all drugs for those over 18

Radically change the education system so that it is effective

Gradually decrease government power and intervention

Stop international wars

Radically decrease human overpopulation (50% reduction sounds about right for 50 years)

Hmm...

I'll let the earth run its course. My main reason for staying alive past 50 (if I do) will be to see what the earth ends up like

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2783264 - 06/11/04 12:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:heart:

I dunno, I think my viewpoints are very radical (very one sided) on this, but here's my thoughts. 

I think mankind is overdue for some higher level thinking.  WE are ready for this I believe. 

I want mankind to have compassion for each other. Sure on a personality level we are different, but on a consciousness level (the one that matters most) we are all the same.  To just look around and realize we are all in the same boat together.  I want people to be open enough to others that they wouldn't want to hide their feelings in fear, shame, or animosity.  to unconditionally love one another.  we have this space to enjoy one anothers company...isn't that what most people want?  a companion...a person to confide in.  We aren't open enough with one another, instead we keep it inside.  the more we share, the more we can recognize, identify, and then help one another.  that's compassion...and not for any reason but because that person is there to share this space with you.

I want people to realize that we should not act as caretakers, but rather take-carers.  This planet is our home, it takes care of us, not the other way around.  at the same time, we should take care of this planet as to not foul it up as we are doing right now. This again boils down to compassion.  Compassion for all living things, we have the ability to create, and to destroy...why chose destruction?  we could combine our efforts with nature to make ourselves and nature stronger, but we chose a seperating path.  the fact civilization's essence is controlling nature.  we take pride in it.  something many don't think about is all the land we have destroyed to make roads. if THAT isn't littering, I don't know what is. we have polluted water, horrible air, and cancer.  we are being irresponsible with our planet, and to each other and it shows.

in order for the above to happen, we also need feed, cloth and educated everyone who wants to be fed, clothed, and educated. I know this sounds like communism, but that has no less bearing on my intent as a person.  If I'm 'wrong' for wanting to help everyone then I'm wrong.  we could take all those weapons and the money we have to research these weapons and use it instead out of love for everyone.  I'm no more special than you, I was born here, just like all of you.  that kind of attitude begets love and acceptance.  if all of our minds aren't pre-occupied with hate, anger, worry, jealousy, regret, hopelessness, sorrow, we can instead focus on love, acceptence, contentment, and honesty.  we could be much more...and then space is ours to explore.  maybe if we do this, other beings would actually want to make themselves known to us.

our education would be part of it, but it wouldn't be in a classroom.  we would view education as an on going process.  to educate and then just leave is silly to me.  it doesn't just have to be about math and history and language, it can also tie into having peace of mind, and it can also tie into love!  we focus so much on hate, and never about love.  I have yet to see a class on love and compassion in college, let alone in junior high or high school.  it's like we must see a reason to love each other, when really...conditions undermine love itself.  teach to love others and yourself!  a place to introduce ideas of higher level of thinking.  ideally I would want it to be people interacting with others for the sake of understanding, knowledge, and an overall bettering of oneself.  if we all help each other, the 'burden' won't be as huge.  6 billion poeple!  think about it, that many minds, helping each other, it would be huge!  we would become so smart so quickly!

let's use science in a way many don't think so.  all we have to do is try hard, why not start now rather than until it's too late.  I dunno about money, but I really don't like it.  I think we could do without it if everyone had their needs.  again I know this sounds like communism, but hey, i said i may be a little radical.  this would have to boil down to compassion again.  to be a service to others rather than ourselves.  again the burden isn't as huge when we all decided to help.  and for no other reason but because a person suffering is there.

this would have to become mainstream.  people seem to think the time to act is when it's totally necessary, often when it is too late to go back.  the idea that we should take of this planet like we would our own children, and take care of each other like our own brother or sister.  education plays a big part, but so can the TV, radio, newspaper and any other form of communication we have.  let's make this a neat place for our children to come into. 

I have many ideas of what I'm going to do.  I'm going into geology to study our planet while at the same time go into antropology to delve more into our past.  to be the older the ideas, the better and more simplistic they become.  I want to write a book on ideas to help people better themselves and the world around them.  I would love to do something for TV the newspaper, or radio.  after I am done with that I would probably teach as that is a passion of mine.  I try to interact with as many people as possible, and show them a smile, and even hint an idea of unconditional love when the time is right.

and the time is right.  :cool:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs. [Re: kaiowas]
    #2786832 - 06/12/04 02:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Um, I'm a simple kind of guy, I just want the world to exist and still be habitable.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #2788464 - 06/12/04 09:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

A change in consciousness

...or as shroomism puts it...a change from the 3rd density to the 4th density  :wink:

This will happen people.  Although it will be a lot sooner than 50 years.

hehe I personally never use the words "density though".  All I feel is, there is going to be a major shift in our consciousness.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2788534 - 06/12/04 09:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, do you listen and read stuff by Terrence McKenna? It seems like it, if not, you should for what you are saying is alot similair to his philosophies.

I agree with everything you wanted for the future. But I dont think we are progressing in any especially beneficial way lately as humans. We are progressing allright, but as robots, not as humans. The whole human evolution lately has been a big nevrotic (sp?) progressions. We are going against our true nature to aquire progression. But what is progression for if it doesnt aid in living in true harmony, and I think that alot of technology and governmental growth is destroying/repressing our man kind. I believe this is why we go through so much stress, confusion, misery and paranoia. In other words our souls are screaming for harmony and joy but we are doing so many things to repress this.

The only thing we can do is go furthur, evolve away from this.

I would like to see the coming of a spiritual age, where people learn to dig up the powers which we have within, such as healing, telepathy etc. I would like to see more nature. More practice of the gaian theory, shamanism and the like. I would like to see trade in service (simply because every occupation is of some value to the next person) instead of trade in money for service. I would like to see the fall of blind faith in religions which havent done us any good and a rise in faith in nature, us as a whole/collective conscious... the god which we can actually feel in the right states of mind. I would like to see -like you said- meditation being tought, a change of education... the end to education in the form of focus on memory. I would like to see the destruction of materialism. I would like to see mushrooms becoming legally available for all.

You know in the first movie of the lord of the rings, the scenes of the hobit society... I would like to see harmonic society's such as these and the end to a fake dream of suburban paradise and the stress of city life... etc.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2788598 - 06/12/04 10:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'd like to see the human race evolve and learn how to communicate better. If that doesn't happen I'd like to see the human race become exstinct.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs. [Re: barfightlard]
    #2788781 - 06/13/04 12:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Tyah... might as well, IMHO.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2788794 - 06/13/04 12:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs.

I'd like to see people living in the moment, rather than worrying about what happens 50 years down the road. :wink:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs. [Re: silversoul7]
    #2788805 - 06/13/04 12:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

ya, thats the kinda thinking that has us in the situation we are now... we NEED to think about the future if we want to survive... fuck its almost to late anyways I dont know why I even try

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs. [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2788822 - 06/13/04 12:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
ya, thats the kinda thinking that has us in the situation we are now

What situation are you referring to?

Quote:

we NEED to think about the future if we want to survive

And why is survival so important? Are you talking about survival as an individual or survival as a species? I personally could care less whether I die tomorrow or 80 years from now. I'm dead either way. As for the species, why should I care about what people in future generations that I will never meet have happen to them? Extinction is a natural occurrence.

Quote:

fuck its almost to late anyways I dont know why I even try

Why do you?

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs. [Re: silversoul7]
    #2788833 - 06/13/04 12:38 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

"What situation are you referring to?"

um the one where we are wiping out the planet and soon to be trillions of acres of trees forest, plains, EVERYTHING by our pollution and development?

"And why is survival so important? "

so that future generations can live a life on earth, carrying on the cycle, to continue to whatever 'end', 'we', will face

"Why do you?"

why not

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2788912 - 06/13/04 01:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Take away all the spiritual mumbo jumbo...and you are still left with one solid, logical reason for us to exist....to continue the survival of our species. This is a natural conclusion when you look at evolution and the purpose that it serves.

2Experimental is entierly correct: the concept that we should only think about our immediate future and own well-being is one of the threads which brought this society to the point we've come to. You cannot honestly sit back and say that, right now, our species is headed towards long-term survival.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs. [Re: trendal]
    #2788918 - 06/13/04 01:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental is entierly correct: the concept that we should only think about our immediate future and own well-being is one of the threads which brought this society to the point we've come to.

I'm not talking about the immediate future. I'm talking about NOW.

Quote:

You cannot honestly sit back and say that, right now, our species is headed towards long-term survival.

That was not my point at all. My point is: so what?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2788925 - 06/13/04 01:13 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If you find you have no desire to continue the existence of your species...perhaps you've hit an evolutionary endpoint that should not continue :smirk:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs. [Re: trendal]
    #2788932 - 06/13/04 01:15 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Seriously, why should we continue the existence of our species? We've fucked up the planet more than any other species that ever existed, and yet we think we deserve to survive. The planet would probably be better off if we just died out than if we tried to fix our mistakes.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2788974 - 06/13/04 01:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

probally so but that view is very selfish.. we have to realize that by US deing out, it also means everything else on the planet dying.. I think the choice to end your own life is your own to make, but we are talking global, man, who are we to say if the plants should live or die.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: What would you like to see happen in our world, in 50 yrs. [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2789009 - 06/13/04 01:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
we have to realize that by US deing out, it also means everything else on the planet dying

Hardly. We could easily kill ourselves(or at least severely diminish our worldwide populations) without destroying the rest of the planet.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Hemp, Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology