Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleReverendMyc

Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) *Not just for stones any more * 24
    #27829033 - 06/20/22 05:45 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Stoned Gummys tek(Gummies from sclerotia or mushrooms)
***New and improved / Not just for stones anymore***

Here is how I am making gummies from stones. Works great for regular shrooms as well (Still perfecting myceliated subtropicalis grain, poor results with wheat so far).
I like gummies because they are are portable and easy to handle. They don't melt like chocolate or seem to cause any stomach upset like fresh stones can. They come on quick and then also seem to end in about 2 to 2.5 hours or you can eat more to extend the trip out all day, ime. I have tried these over 12 months after preparing without a detectable loss of potency.

I have found that people are very receptive to gummies who would otherwise balk at doing psychedelics and I love to spread the love. I also recognize that there is a risk that this and other forms of active edibles could lead to some accidental ingestion that has the potential to cause bad press for our cause. So do please use extreme caution in controlling access to any edibles that could be mistaken for something non-active.

Without further ado, here is the recipe followed by a more detailed write up below.
(because I hate that recipe web pages always have ten feet of a stupid back story before getting to the fucking point.)
I will keep updating the main post and comments as I find improvements. Latest updates will be in yellow text.

~1g dose per gummy recipe (0.5g to 2g depending on starting material weight and mold size - see below)

126 gummy cubes - 1g fresh stones/gummy ~= 0.25g dry tamp

Tools
  • gummy molds - 126 cubes = 1 cup = 2ml per cube
  • Strainer and/or brewer's bag/cheese cloth
  • medium-large sauce pan
  • dehydrator (variable temp or modified or just a fan in a pinch)
  • Heat resistant mixing bowl or second sauce pan
  • stick or regular blender

Ingredients
  • 150g to 300g stones (or 75g to 150g dried mush) (or 500g to 1000g myceliated subtropicalis grain spawn) - includes a little extra for losses
  • 3 cups water
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1/2 tsp Potassium Sorbate (optional)
  • 1 tbsp citric acid (optional)
  • 4g agar agar (Living Jin brand if possible)
  • 2 3oz Jello brand or 2 6.78 (oz EZ-Squeeze Jello Shot mix Blue Mai Tai or any flavor)
  • 4 pkg/tbsp gelatin unflavored
  • Non-stick oil spray (Pam)

STEPS
  • dice fresh stones
  • add stones to 2 cups water in sauce pan and bring to boil
  • use stick blender while heating to whip stones/mushrooms to a thin well blended slurry (If you don't have a stick blender see below)
  • bring blended mixture to boil then reduce to fast simmer
  • boil down to 1 cup liquid; adding water if reductions takes less than 30 minutes
  • strain mushrooms squeezing to get as much liquid as possible in the mixing bowl or another sauce pan
  • OPTIONAL: do a double decoction - repeat three steps above with left over mush and 1 cup water for 20 minutes
  • combine teas and simmer to reduce strained liquid down to 1/2 to 3/4 cup of strong mushroom tea
  • chill mushroom tea in ice bath
  • add 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • add 1/4 tsp potassium sorbate (optional)
  • add 4 grams agar agar
  • add 1 tbsp citric acid
  • add 2 3oz Jello mixes OR 2 6.78 oz EZ-Squeeze Jello Shot mix
  • add 4 packets or 4 tbsp of unflavored gelatin over chilled tea and do NOT stir
  • allow candy mixture to sit for 5 mins
  • slowly reheat mushroom tea in saucepan stirring gently just until all ingredients dissolve
  • spray molds lightly with oil spray
  • pour into molds on cookie sheets
  • allow gummy molds to cool until solid enough to move without spilling
  • refrigerate 1 hour or more
  • spray dehydrator screen lightly with non-stick oil spray
  • remove from molds and place pieces spaced out on non-stick screens for dehydrator
  • allow to cure at room temperature for 24 hours
  • place in dehydrator at 95F/35c for 2 hours
  • check frequently for any signs of melting
  • flip each and continue to dehydrate for 1 hour
  • they should feel dry and no longer be sticky at all. If not, flip each and dehydrate as needed.
  • place in air tight container and refrigerate for long term storage.

Detailed instructions
Okay now for too much detail with pictures and links.

This will work for stones or any variety or species of active shrooms, fresh or dried. You just have to work out your doses and get the final "tea" reduced down to a volume of ~1 cup (~250 ml).

gummy molds - 126 cubes = 1 cup = 2ml per cube
I have used a couple of different gummy molds but found the cubes to be easiest to work with. (Update: the other fun shapes are fine once I started using the non-stick spray)

P.S. Don't use a whisk, use a wooden spoon instead. Whisk will cause undesirable bubbles or foam.
amazon link to molds I used

You will need to do some calculating to work out the dose per gummy. It will be the amount of mush that you use divided by the number of gummies that you make. But the total volume of your molds will determine how far 1 cup/250 ml will go. In one  stone batch, I ran out short of using the whole mold tray, so mine are a bit stronger than planned. On the next mushroom batch, I ended up going over a bit. I also generally go a little high on the weight of mush to account for losses in the process.

I used 192g of fresh stones in this mold of 126 2 ml cubes expecting to get about 1.5g per gummy. It should have held about a cup of gummy mix in that batch, but I came up a bit short so they are a little bit stronger. On the shroom batch, I did 75g of dried Tampanensis that ended up making 157 gummy cubes for slightly less than a half gram dose per gummy cube.

dice fresh stones or fresh mushrooms or crumble dried mushrooms
Chop them up enough to make it easy for the blender to do the real work. If you are using dried mushrooms, simply crumbling them up is sufficient.

add stones or mushrooms to 2 cups water in sauce pan and bring to boil
In a medium to large saucepan put your diced stones and 2 cups/500ml water and turn on heat. If you are using fresh mushrooms, you can use less water, because the mush will be providing a lot of its own.

use stick blender while heating to whip stones or mushrooms to a thin well blended slurry
Stones definitely will be extremely weak if you don't grind them pretty fine for boiling. It is not as important for mushrooms.
If you don't have a stick blender, put the stones or mushrooms in a standard blender with water before heating in the saucepan.

bring blended mixture to boil
Optionally, 2 or 3 drops of vegetable oil will reduce foaming and help prevent boil over but watch your heat closely or it WILL boil over.
Don't be lazy and lose half of you hard earned work to boil over.
Not that I have ever done that <twice>:shrug:

boil down to 1 cup liquid; adding water if reductions takes less than 30 minutes
Once it starts boiling, reduce heat to a good rolling simmer. Keep uncovered. You want to allow the steam to boil off to reduce the mush tea down to about 1 cup of liquid. This should take over 30 minutes but if not, add water to keep it simmering for 30 minutes.

strain mushrooms squeezing to get as much liquid as possible in the mixing bowl or another sauce pan
I like these pitchers for receiving and measuring, but any heat resistant bowl or pan will work.
Amazon link to pitchers
They are also great for pouring agar plates without burning your fingers.
I use a strainer and brewer's bag, but cheese cloth or similar will work. I also use tongs to squeeze the mush in the bag to get the most liquid possible (also without burning my fingers.)

OPTIONAL: do a double decoction - repeat three steps above with left over mush and 1 cup water for at least 20 minutes
Set the first liquid tea aside and put the squeezed mush back into the saucepan with 1 cup/250ml water. Bring it to a boil as before for 20 minutes. Then repeat the straining and squeezing. The squeezed mush can be discarded now.

combine teas and simmer to reduce strained liquid down to 1/2 to 3/4 cup of strong mushroom tea
Return the tea to the saucepan and simmer to reduce it to about 1/2 to 3/4 cup/125 to 180 ml. If you go below 1/2 cup, add water to make up the difference however, you don't want to be much over 3/4 cup or they will not set up well. This has been updated to offset for using corn syrup versus sugar.

Chill mushroom tea in an ice bath
Make an ice bath in a larger pan and float the smaller pan in it until the tea is chilled. I recommend the ice bath over the fridge. One reason is because minimizing the time between making the tea and binding it in the Jello greatly improves the flavor. The another is anecdotal but it seems that the actives begin to break down and lose strength until bound with the other dry ingredients.

This takes minutes instead of hours when compared with cooling in a refrigerator. I used an IR temperature gun to confirm it got down to 36f/2c in a few minutes, but all you need to do is get the tea cool to touch.

add 1/2 cup corn syrup
Stir until dissolved.
I changed to corn syrup from granulated sugar to get a better haribo-like texture. The idea is that corn syrup is a starch made up of a chain of glucose molecules that are smaller than sugar molecules. This string of glucose molecules gets between the sucrose molecules and effectively interrupts the formation of sugar crystals. So the upshot is that the corn syrup in gummies helps them stay soft and chewy. My first batches with sugar started out pretty good but became more crystalized and hard over time.

add 1/4 tsp potassium sorbate (optional, especially if you are using the EZ-Squeeze)
This is a food safe, flavorless mold inhibitor and antimicrobial. Mold needs access to water to grow. The dehydration steps that follow lock out mold's access to the water in these gummies, however a humid environment or other exposure to moisture could break down that barrier.

add 2 tsp citric acid
It improves the flavor, shelf stability, possibly active bio-availability, adds vitamin C (no it doesn't, that would be ascorbic acid - thanks Homer), and is great in your dish washer for removing hard water spots on dishes.

Add 4 grams agar agar to COLD tea and mix to dissolve
If you forget and add it after heating, it clumps up and is really hard to dissolve. Ask me how I know.
I like Living Jin brand because it dissolves well and many reviews seem to indicate that it is more palatable to sensitive stomachs.

add 2 packages of 3oz Jello mix or 2 packages of 6.78 oz EZ-Squeeze jello Shot mix
Jello is easy to find and works well. I have tried the EZ-Squeeze and according to bw86 it contains preservatives which may help with storage and it comes in great flavors!
Stir to mix, but it probably won't completely dissolve yet.

sprinkle 4 packets or 4 tbsp of unflavored gelatin over chilled tea and do not stir, allow gelatin to sit for 5 minutes.
I didn't know the science on this, but that is what the directions say so that is what I do. After some additional research I have learned that this is called letting the gelatin "bloom".

It is important for getting the right texture that they gelatin powder absorbs moisture to bloom. If the candy syrup mix is too solid after chilling to be absorbed by the gelatin add just enough water directly to the powder to hydrate it. Let it sit and expand for 5 minutes. The bloomed gelatin will have a rubbery texture.

reheat mushroom tea jello mix in saucepan just enough to dissolve dry ingredients and gelatin
It is important for the final texture to keep the liquid temperature as low as possible, but warm enough to allow everything to dissolve. If it gets too hot they may still work, but will be more like jelly than gummies. Maintain a low heat and slowly stir all ingredients until they dissolve. Try to avoid whipping in any foam. It can be tricky to get it good and blended without getting a layer of foam unless you stir very slowly. The rubbery gelatin will melt into the candy syrup with patience. Do not over heat to speed this up, but there is a fix I will add later if you do end up with jelly that won't set up to gummies.

Another method is to heat in a microwave for 30 seconds, stir gently, then alternate heating for 15 seconds and stirring 4 more times for a total of 90 seconds in the microwave. Remove from microwave and let mixture sit for 10 minutes. Stir gently every couple of minutes and mix should become more clear.
I prefer the control of heating in a sauce pan, but this will work too.

spray molds lightly with non-stick spray
Place your mold on a cookie sheet so it will be easy to move to the fridge. Then lightly spray with non-stick spray to make removal easier. Once I learned this, I was able to use the decorative gummy molds again.

pour into molds on cookie sheets
Pour into the molds. This is also a bit of an art form. You need to be quick while the mix is hot and liquid while also being tidy. I love these pitchers for this as well. There are other methods, but this is the simplest for me. The droppers that come with many molds are generally worse than useless. The first ones may end up with foam on top which is fine. Maybe try to pour thin and go back to get nice even doses. I didn't do that this time and ran a little short of filling the complete tray. Try to fill just below level with the top of the mold, not over.

Allow gummy molds to cool until solid enough to move without spilling
By the time you finish pouring, the mix has probably started setting up. Give it 15 more minutes and you should have no problem moving the cookie sheet to the fridge without spilling.

Refrigerate at least 1 hour
If you got the recipe, temperatures and volumes right, they should be pretty easy to work with after an hours in the fridge with square molds. For some of the other fun shapes, or if there was too much liquid tea, or too hot at the dissolving dry ingredient step, it can take longer and be really sticky.
You can see below that I struggled with some of these because they were too wet/sticky. If they don't set up at all (probably got too hot in the reheat step) you can still fix them. More on that later.

Remove from molds and place individual pieces on non-stick screens sprayed with non-stick spray in dehydrator spaced not touching each other
I highly recommend wearing nitrile gloves sprayed with non-stick spray to handle the gummies. It is more hygenic and less messy. My dehydrator came with these "Clean-a-Screens". They are perfect for this application. The fruit leather screens, not so much, though.
Amazon link to screens

Drying
Now we have some choices to make. If you have a dehydrator with a very low setting like 95f/35c, you can air cure them for 24 hours then dehydrate them for a few hours. If not, you can get a fan and cure them at room temperature. Or for the perfect combo of speed and texture, I disabled the heating coil in a dehydrator. The basic instructions will assume the low temp dehydrator but I will follow up with the other options further down.

Allow them to air cure for 24 hours
If you have low humidity, you may be able to leave the dehydrator trays unstacked for 24 hours to allow the exteriors to dry somewhat. If you have higher humidity, you may need to add a fan to induce more drying. Just using a fan for longer can work for drying if you do not have a dehydrator with a low setting. Your success will be determined by your environment. If they are still tacky at all continue on to the dehydrator step.

Dry in dehydrator at 95F/35c for 2 hours
I had trouble with melting at higher temperatures, especially if you start with too much tea/liquid or got the gelatin mix too hot, so check on them frequently and proceed with caution. They should shrink as they lose water, but if they start to loose their shape turn off the heat.

They can still be saved in one of two ways. (See below. dehydrator mod or jelly to gummy)

Flip each and continue to dehydrate for 1 hour
Bonus points if you chose a bear or other fun shaped mold and can stand them up on their feet for the final drying.

They should feel dry and no longer be sticky at all.
If not, flip each and continue to dehydrate as needed. Expect them to have shrunk by around 25% to 33%. Now they should not be tacky at all. They should not require any sugar or corn starch coating to prevent sticking, but that is an option if you live in a more damp climate. If you go that route, try a 1 to 4 ratio of citric acid to sugar for a sour patch kid effect.

place in air tight container.

Ziploc bags and Twist-Locs  are not totally air tight. They are fine for short term, but for long term storage use glass or Tupperware type containers and store them in the fridge.

That is it.
This is what is working for me. I shared a bunch last week (as of the initial post) over 4 day concert and a lot of people had a lot of positive things to say. I hope you enjoy.

Dehydrator Modification
Is it necessary? No.
The steps above will work, but it is really disappointing when they come out of the molds looking perfect and then turn to mush in the dehydrator on low. That is why I added the 24 hour cure before the heat. However I felt like it would be possible to speed up the air cure in the dehydrator if I could kill the heat entirely. So I did. And the best part is that they actually cured to a better texture without any heat at all.

So the idea is just to disconnect the heating coil. I am not an electrician and this is not medical-legal-electrical advice. Just what I did.

For Ned's sake, unplug it first. If you didn't already think of that, forget it.
STOP.
Do not continue. Stick to the methods above. :wink:

This is the model that I have. Actually this is the one I wasn't using because I got a bigger one.

Take off the top. Flip it over. Remove the outer screws on the light gray part.

Flip it again and remove the knob then the top.

Now you have this and we are interested in disconnecting this.

Notice that there is a little tab that needs to be pressed to release the wire clip. First off, I didn't need to do this the first time. I only discovered that there was a release tab when I went back to take pictures. So if it comes right off, great. If not, I found that pulling it up a bit would expose the back side of the tab so that I could use an awl or something pointy to press it while lifting to release the clip.

Once released, move the end of the freed wire away from the terminal. If you are leaving the dehydrator without heat permanently, cut and cap the wire. If not, you could use a bit of electrical tape, but I left mine as is.

Now line everything back up and put it back together in the reverse order of above. I recommend getting all of the screws lined up and started before tightening any down. But you do you.

I imagine that you could add a switch to that disconnected line instead so you could still easily use it as a regular dehydrator without taking it apart each time. But I had a spare and am too lazy for that.

Turning Jelly Into Gummies
So you let the gelatin mix get too hot or didn't reduce the tea enough and ended up with this.

It happens. But it is possible to recover and not that difficult.
You will need some more unflavored gelatin, some water and some of the tools you already used above like a sauce pan, molds, etc.

The biggest pain is collecting all of the melted gummies or jelly.

Gather it up the best you can and put it back into your sauce pan.

If it is melted gummies that have partially or fully hardened when they cooled, add a little water. Maybe 1/8 cup (125 ml). If it is just jelly you may not need water yet at all.

Carefully and slowly heat on very low this time. :wink: We want it to melt again but it should only get hot enough to melt slowly.

As soon as it is all liquid again it is time for another ice bath. See above.

This time when it is cool it probably will be at least partly solid. Good.

If not, sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin on top and watch to see if it absorbs liquid to bloom. If the powdered gelatin visibly fully hydrates, add another packet and wait a few minutes to see if it also fully hydrates. If so, add one more packet and wait, if not, you have enough gelatin.

If it was partly solid, sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin on the chilled mix. The gelatin powder probably won't absorb any or very little moisture. So we add just enough water to bloom the gelatin. Let it sit for 5 minutes until fully bloomed. The bloomed gelatin should have a rubbery texture when poked.

Now we carefully add heat again until it is just barely warm enough to melt the mix and eventually you will be able to get the gelatin to melt into the mix as well.

Stir slowly until all of the bloomed gelatin is melted then immediately remove from heat.

Now you can continue as above pouring into non-stick sprayed molds.

Follow the rest of the steps as before. That should do it.
Careful with that heat(axe), Eugene.

Credit to following

bw86 - my gummy bear tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26313322

bw86 - Next gen gummies
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27222123

Gummies by milkboy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27678260

Edited by ReverendMyc (01/22/24 09:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleElf_on_a_Log
Elf

Loc: On a log
Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #27829068 - 06/20/22 06:14 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Great tek!  Very detailed.  Thank you for posting this.  Looking forward to giving it a try.

--------------------
"I was strolling through the woods one day when I came upon an elf sitting on a log.  He offered me a strange-looking mushroom to eat.  As soon as I ate it, I realized that I was the elf on the log and that my human life had been but a dream."
- Elf_on_a_Log

LAGM 2.022 Grow Log

OfflineZigzagzin
I'm a teapot

Loc: Down South
    #27829077 - 06/20/22 06:22 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Thanks, I'll be using this when I get some stones from my atl#7 jars.

--------------------
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Samma Sambuddhasa
:kratomtee:

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: Zigzagzin]
    #27829084 - 06/20/22 06:32 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

:neat: can't wait to try these out man!

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Offlinesan pedro guy
Captain
 User Gallery

Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: sandman420] * 2
    #27829332 - 06/20/22 09:19 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Hell yea! Def going to try…

the best part is skipping the back story and 10 paragraphs of why this recipe came about from your grandmas cousins best friends pregnant gold fish baby shower blah blah blah :lol:

--------------------
Noob Grow Along 2022

Invisiblemilkboy
Child
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: san pedro guy]
    #27829346 - 06/20/22 09:26 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Nice write up, I wish my dehydrator went low enough for gummies. Always have had to use corn starch to prevent sticking. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Gummies by milkboy
Milkboys Public Display of Affection

"Vires acquirit eundo"

Offlineironfreak
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: milkboy]
    #27829372 - 06/20/22 09:38 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Awesome! Thank you for sharing!

OfflineCrackatoa
Stranger in a strange land

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: ironfreak]
    #27829567 - 06/20/22 11:48 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

:raisemyglass:

--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit

InvisibleSlugWorthx1S
 User Gallery

#27829641 - 06/21/22 01:25 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

nice write up! :thumbup:
you can also use Potassium Sorbate to use as a preservative,
or else i find it to mold within several weeks in a container.
Have tested potency after a year and works great

Also can sugar coat gummies, to prevent sticking together

InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: SlugWorthx1]
    #27830124 - 06/21/22 10:17 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the nods and input, everyone. I will add updates as I figure them out.

I want to try using just a fan in place of the dehydrator for those that do not have one with a low temperature setting. I may need some input from those in more humid climates. It is so dry here that I am sure a fan alone will work, but that may not be a fair test for other locations. (I haven't had a soft sticky Nilla Wafer since I was a kid :crymyeyesout:) I agree that sugar or corn starch works if other drying won't.

I will have to try some potassium sorbate next time as well. I have not had any trouble with mold, but again, it is really dry where I live so mold is not the problem here that it is in other places.

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from sclerotia or mushrooms) *Not just for stones any more
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Invisiblemilkboy
Child

#27830235 - 06/21/22 11:34 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Curious if your dehydrating method helps you with shelf life, my gummies will go bad after two weeks in a mason jar.

Potassium sorbate along with citric acid will both help with shelf life, Ive always just thrown em in the freezer tho.

--------------------
Gummies by milkboy
Milkboys Public Display of Affection

"Vires acquirit eundo"

InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: milkboy]
    #27830274 - 06/21/22 12:10 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

The ones I did with the 6.78 oz EZ-Squeeze Jello Shot mix have lasted 6 months on the shelf. But again, it is dry here.
Amazon link to EZ-Squeeze jello shot mix.
I gave a friend in San Fran some of these. She kept them a month before trying them a couple of weeks ago. Those didn't mold.

I am going to put a few from this Jello brand batch aside in a ziploc bag on the shelf to see how long it takes to mold, if at all. Will report back here. Monsoon season is starting, so it will be as humid as it gets here, but today it is 10% & dew point is 32f/0c. :shrug:

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from sclerotia or mushrooms) *Not just for stones any more
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Edited by ReverendMyc (06/21/22 12:31 PM)

InvisibleMaritime Funguy
Not a real Dr.
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
    #27831446 - 06/22/22 08:51 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Inspirational, thanks for sharing. Have you tried just chopping the stones into tiny pieces and not using a stick blender?

Just curious if you'd get a cleaner looking end product, I'd expect most of the alkaloids to get drawn out in a 30 minute simmer

--------------------

InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: Maritime Funguy]
    #27831534 - 06/22/22 10:15 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Maritime Funguy said:
Inspirational, thanks for sharing. Have you tried just chopping the stones into tiny pieces and not using a stick blender?

Just curious if you'd get a cleaner looking end product, I'd expect most of the alkaloids to get drawn out in a 30 minute simmer

I have tried exactly that. That is how I did the piña colada flavored ones. They were about 1/4 as strong even though they were boiled for more than an hour.

The tea was clearer, but the stones just didn't want to give up the magic to the tea that way. Since that one was with the piña colada mix the clarity didn't matter, though.

This is not to discourage experimenting. Maybe chopping finer than I did or using a food processor or nut chopper instead of a stick blender would work with a sufficient simmer. Give it a go and let us know.

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Don't Panic

Edited by ReverendMyc (06/22/22 10:30 AM)

InvisibleMaritime Funguy
Not a real Dr.
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
    #27831555 - 06/22/22 10:30 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Ok very good to know, I think truffles are a great idea for hot water extract products, I'm thinking of doing a truffle kombucha with honey lemon grass and ginger, after I grow stones again. I had great results adding shrooms to kombucha during the 1st and only ferment, I wonder if the acidity would help draw the actives out of magic truffles

--------------------

Offlinetykles
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: Maritime Funguy] * 2
    #27837618 - 06/26/22 03:35 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

So - this is awesome! This was my project this weekend - cleaned up all the stones I had in various substrates and figure out how to store them and get some ready for my week off at the lake - perfect timing for this gummy tek. I wish I had used a strainer bag instead of just a normal strainer. I also played it a bit fast and loose with numbers since I had more weight (about 250g) so I left it at ~ 1.3 cups of final liquid, but I didn't do any actual math.
Dumb/rookie question (background is I am getting slowly back into this world after ~ 6 years off from kids, work, whatever) - what is an appropriate Level 2-3 dose? I don't even remember what I would eat back in the day - all I remember is the fallout when one of my best friends decided to be a hero and ate a handful before my wedding .... memorable night for all involved.
I think the obvious answer is I have to just try a low dose to dip my toes in the water and figure out a baseline, then go from there. But any wisdom is welcome!

[embed=,][/embed]

InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: tykles]
    #27838662 - 06/27/22 10:17 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I wish I could give you a good answer for dosing, but you are right, the best method is testing. One of the things I like with these is that you can easily re-dose after 1 to 2 or more hours to up or extend the ride.

There are just too many factors to be certain without just testing them. Age of the stones when harvested, genetics, personal sensitivity, etc.

FYI: the first time I tried them my wife and I did 5 and 6 gummies respectively. That was too much for sure. I thought I had calculated a 0.5g dose per gummy, but was quite mistaken. They start to kick in at about 10 to 20 minutes, so you should be pretty clear how strong they are at an hour. But that time, I thought I was peaking at 45 minutes and it kept climbing for the next hour. So starting small and adding on is the only thing I will ever recommend going forward. That was an awesome trip and very therapeutic for my wife, but it was way more than we had planned for.

Respect the shroom or it will teach you to respect the shroom! lol

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Don't Panic

OfflineKROM
Local Oaf
 User Gallery

Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: ReverendMyc] * 2
    #27842654 - 06/29/22 04:36 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Tasty recipe! Thanks!

--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Offlineacapulcogold
Strangler
Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: KROM]
    #27842682 - 06/29/22 04:57 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Bravo

InvisibleReverendMyc

Re: Stoned Gummys tek (Gummies from stones/sclerotia) [Re: KROM] * 1
    #27842698 - 06/29/22 05:15 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Nice one, KROM.

I caught your 420 post and sent you a screen grab in case you missed it.
:pm:

--------------------
LAGM 2.024
Don't Panic

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order