Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Loc: Where pigs can't see
New to forum, first time grower, need feedback
    #2782882 - 06/10/04 08:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This is my first post, and I am just getting into the world of mushroom cultivation.
I decided to research my progress thus far, and find any mistakes I have made, and learn more for my next batch I grow. I got into this primarily to use mushrooms for meditation and spiritual exploration, but they do pose for a good party every now and then as well.
I purchased 2 syringes from sporesnmore on ebay, but I received them in a timely fashion. He did combine my shipping, and he had a perfect rating at the time of my purchase. I only bought 2 to try it out, and I am already a common ebay shopper, and liked the option to use paypal for payment. Of course I was still new to all this. I contacted sporesnmore today, after learning of the faux name, in hope to find out what my strain really is.

The spores I purchased were the Ecudorian and the "Reality Bender." I tried to find out details of each strain before I purchased but the one link I found that spoke highly of the "Reality Bender" is now a dead link. From looking over the forum I found it is a faux name, and am unsure of what actual strand it is. At any rate, being unaware and somewhat skeptical I purchased two, and decided to see how they went before leaving a rating as I expected most of his ratings were left after receiving the packages. I followed a few faqs and modified as I went to a method that suited me. Being very busy at the time I left the spores in the car, as my GF did not want them at the house due to her dogmas of "illigal"https://files.shroomery.org/files/04-24/691493680-IMG_0770.jpg]

I have been storing these upside down to promote the growth on the bottom of the jars.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGForce
Tux The Stoner

Loc: The PNW
Re: New to forum, first time grower, need feedback [Re: iliketoplay]
    #2782980 - 06/10/04 09:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Its hard to tell with the pictures being small but it looks good, what happened to that cake in the first pic? it looks like you broke a piece off...

As for trip reports, erowid.org is your friend.

Looking good so far, keep up the good work.

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

#2783012 - 06/10/04 10:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds good so far. It looks sounds like you're on the right track and the cakes are looking good. You can find trip reports right here on the shroomery, http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/11
Also, you're not going to make a hybrid mushroom by mixing spores from two syringes and you're actually making it harder for the mycelium to colonize since the two strains will be competing. Just remember to keep your jars around 86f in a dark place during incubation, and when you're ready to fruit keep your humidity around 95%, temps around 76f, and give them good air exchange. Best of luck.

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

#2788731 - 06/13/04 12:07 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Day 3, and things seem to be going well.
All cakes have been started growning mushrooms at this point. One cake did not start till late today.
My center cake is growing the fastest. My (E) cakes are still in jars, looks like there is still plenty of jar to cover.

I am wonder if there is anything that can be done for mushrooms growing down torwards the ground?

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: iliketoplay]
    #2788812 - 06/13/04 12:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Citric]
    #2788817 - 06/13/04 12:34 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Re: New to forum, first time grower, need feedback [Re: Citric]
    #2790299 - 06/13/04 06:20 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the info. I put the cakes on a plastic grill that I cleaned well with antibacterial soap. I also turned on a soft light. I am going to try it for a few hours a day. I have been curious about my cakes that are still in the jars though. They took a long time to fully colonize, and even longer for the other strain which is still in the jars. I just read something about keeping them in the light. I have kept them in the dark this whole time. Could this be one my problems for slow colinization? I went by one faq that said keep everything in the dark, and the others I read, mentioned nothing about light, untill the one I read today on this site. BTW: the mushrooms are comming along now, I will post pics when they get a little bigger, then again once I determine the strain.

cheers,

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: iliketoplay]
    #2790310 - 06/13/04 06:25 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Re: New to forum, first time grower, need feedback [Re: Citric]
    #2793456 - 06/15/04 12:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Here is the project after day 4.
Still not sure what strain I have. I never heard back from sporesnmore.
I didn't really expect to.

After 4 days the mushrooms are starting to get larger in size. I am not sure if they are close to done. I expected another 7 days or so of growning.

It was raining today, and the humidity dropped to about 80% in the chamber. I think due to the lower temp. I still saw a large increase in pins. Even mushrooms that were nothing but specs yesterday and have almost caught up to the larger that started growing first. I see around 12 to 25 pins and small mushrooms growing on each cake. Seems to be doing well.

Heer is a pic of the whole case. I raised everything up from the perilite. I know I will need to spread them out soon. I expect tomarrow. One mushroom will not grow down. I have given a few hours of soft light today. Seemed to increase the growth quite a bit.

Here is a closer one of the cakes that started growing first.

looks so far so good. I hope I have a good flush to harvest very soon. I am happy with my first time growing. I did not expect to yeald such results.

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

#2796611 - 06/15/04 11:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

End of day five. I worked a long day today so I was not able to see the cakes for over 12 hours. When I got home the humidity was at 80% and mycelium started growing on some of the mushrooms. I aired out the container and noticed that I had too much water in there. It was like a swamp. Even though my cakes were raised above it, it seemed to be the issue of the water over the perilite. I added some perilite to the water to equal it out. I also repositioned a couple of cakes. There is a few mushrooms that are getting pretty big. The one that started growing first has started to curve around the size of the cake. It has alos developed a small skin from the cap to the stem that seems to be streching in taught enough to break. I am not sure if this is a type of veil or what. Day 5 is almost beter then day for less the mycelium forming. I think my adjustments to the conditions will improve things and I will start seeing results soon. I will post more results later, and in a few days some more pics. I can't wait for the next week. I also think I know the strain. After looking at some pics, and since I ordered (E) I think it is the Ecudorian.

Offlineedisnione
edisnione

Re: New to forum, first time grower, need feedback *DELETED* [Re: iliketoplay]
    #2797208 - 06/16/04 01:18 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by edisnione

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Re: New to forum, first time grower, need feedback [Re: edisnione]
    #2798142 - 06/16/04 08:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I have been wondering if I could get away with only picking one mushroom and leave the others to continue growing. I had this one muchrooms, who's veil is about to break, that started growing days before the others. The others are still growing, and I would hate to pick them early. I figured my other option is to let larger muchroom become more mature while the others catch up. All that I have read claims I need to pick all at once. Is there anything wrong with only picking the one large mushrooms while the others continue to grow?

Offlineshutup101
Shroom Prophet

Re: Re: New to forum, first time grower, need feedback [Re: iliketoplay]
    #2798429 - 06/16/04 10:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I only pick the ones that are ready. So far i have found no problem w/ this method.

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: shutup101]
    #2798455 - 06/16/04 11:10 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Citric]
    #2798459 - 06/16/04 11:11 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Re: Re: New to forum, first time grower, need feedback [Re: Citric]
    #2798557 - 06/16/04 12:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I may do a print, but I am more focused on wanting to know the variety of the mushroom. To me it looks like an ecudorian so far, but since this sporesnmore guy has a bad rep, I want to make sure these are of the Psilocybin/Psilocin Mushroom strain. From what I understand, I need to look at the spores, so I may let the big one continue to open so I can test it and see the color of the spores.

OfflineQandA
wanderer

Re: Re: New to forum, first time grower, need feedback [Re: iliketoplay]
    #2798590 - 06/16/04 12:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

From the pics, it certainly seems as though you have a Cubesis mushroom. I wouldn't worry too much. Just my humble opinion.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Re: Re: New to forum, first time grower, need feedback [Re: QandA]
    #2798673 - 06/16/04 12:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I agree,but after reading that article on poison mushrooms I think I, may not feel 100% safe untill I verify it.

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

#2798889 - 06/16/04 01:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Here is an updated pic of the one I am talking about.

There is some mycelium on the cap in almost a vein like patern. The stalk has also grown a litlte fuzz, but not any more from last night. The veil is about to break, and I can see through it that it is a dark color. I guess from the gills. The cap has turned 2 shades of a dark tan. It has grown in a kind of odd direction, and the cap remained right side up.

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

#2799896 - 06/16/04 06:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Any sugestions on how to bruise the stems? Mine do not seem to turn blue.
Also, any guess to what strain this looks like? I think it could be ecudorian, but I am looking through various other ones to make sure.
cheers,

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation