Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OnlineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
AI Can Now Generate DMT Visuals, Thanks To This Online Community * 3
    #27825746 - 06/18/22 12:11 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

AI Can Now Generate DMT Visuals, Thanks To This Online Community
doubleblindmag.com

What happens when you feed artificial intelligence thousands of psychedelic images? They make machine elves, of course.

Every psychonaut knows that the things you see when you take psychedelics, widely known as “visuals,” are a crucial part of the experience. The intensity of one’s visuals might even be used to gauge the potency of a trip (“I was tripping so hard, the visuals were insane!”). Whether on acid, shrooms, DMT, ketamine, or MDMA, you may see visuals in the world around you, behind closed eyes, or just in your imagination. No matter the specifics, visuals are likely to leave a lasting impression—yet they are stubbornly difficult to discuss or represent after the fact.

For decades, artists like the married couple Alex and Allyson Grey have created stunning “visionary art” that mirrors and builds upon spiritual visions reached through psychedelic states. In recent years, a Reddit community called /r/Replications has coalesced around the goal of “replicating” such visuals and sensory experiences with the aid of modern technology. These efforts reached new heights with a video uploaded this year by Josie Kins, a psychedelic researcher who is an administrator of /r/Replications, and founded a related project called the Subjective Effect Index.

The mesmerizing video features a reel of computer-generated images of faces and “entities” that strongly resemble the beings many people report encountering after taking DMT. These images were produced by an AI model that Kins and a team of collaborators created using the StyleGAN v2 network. Yet their intent was never to create DMT faces—the AI began to do that on its own after analyzing a wide array of visuals.

The team “trained” this model by feeding it a data set of more than 4,000 works of psychedelic and visionary art sourced from all over the Internet. After processing this art and identifying its common features and patterns, the AI—which initially only seemed to output geometric and patterned visuals—began creating artwork with facial features resembling DMT entities (supposed beings that Terrence McKenna referred to as “machine elves”). Roughly one in every thirty of the AI’s output contains these psychedelic faces.

This result surprised Kins and her team, who didn’t expect their algorithm to replicate a specific, recognizable form of visuals with such accuracy. “Essentially, the system worked much better than we initially anticipated,” Kins tells DoubleBlind. The AI had this surprising creative “breakthrough” about one year into its training after the team expanded the data set of art it could learn from. This was thus an adventure in machine learning, a promising field in which computers leverage data to continually improve at tasks they are given, such as mimicking human art or speech.

StyleGan v2, the machine learning network Kins’ team used to create this DMT art, was superseded by StyleGan v3 in November 2021. The team is already hard at work on building a new model with this updated framework, which Kins expects to be an “exponentially” more powerful tool for generating replications.

Whether made by humans or machines, replications are considered important because they translate subjective psychedelic experiences into a sharable visual medium. Through replications, trips—which are typically quite personal and specific—can be more openly discussed and analyzed.

“The psychedelic experience is extremely valuable and should be recognized as an important aspect of the human experience,” says Kins. “Yet words can only take us so far… Therefore it is crucial that we develop universally understandable methods of conveying and communicating these profound experiences.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: AI Can Now Generate DMT Visuals, Thanks To This Online Community [Re: Ythan]
    #27825778 - 06/18/22 12:36 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

:finger:  Not buying it.

Give me the real.

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
i am the liquor

Re: AI Can Now Generate DMT Visuals, Thanks To This Online Community [Re: Barnaby]
    #27825792 - 06/18/22 12:45 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

badass!

--------------------
🐴:poop:
hpoo or die

InvisibleElVatoFirme
The Thread Killer™

Re: AI Can Now Generate DMT Visuals, Thanks To This Online Community [Re: split_by_nine] * 2
    #27826210 - 06/18/22 07:13 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

It's not too remarkable for AI to create DMT-esque visuals. What makes psychedelic visuals remarkable is the fact that they are produced in the mind (CEV) or overlaid on one's vision (OEV).

But maybe I'm too old school for all of this AI-generated art that's going around. :shrug:

--------------------
Did you know the pen
Is stronger than the knife?
And they can kill you once
But they can't kill you twice
Did you know destruction of the flesh
Is not the ending to Life?
Fear not of the Anti-Christ

- Damian Marley -

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: AI Can Now Generate DMT Visuals, Thanks To This Online Community [Re: ElVatoFirme]
    #27826840 - 06/19/22 05:42 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Many create endless art from personal experience by using it.  Not this.  That has value to me and not this garbage.  But the M's I am sure will eat it up like every other technological thing. 

Anything for the fake against reality.  The false feeling and emotions and just basic humanity.  Is already going there in Japan and such but just where people shut in and just have V.R. to mimic actual experience and progression and growth.  Is dumb to me and most of all boring.

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: AI Can Now Generate DMT Visuals, Thanks To This Online Community [Re: Barnaby]
    #27826841 - 06/19/22 05:44 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Posted to the wrong guy, my mistake.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #27827019 - 06/19/22 09:13 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

While I am not against making interesting drawings, per se, there is a movement towards spiritualizing computers and robots.

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: AI Can Now Generate DMT Visuals, Thanks To This Online Community [Re: durian_2008]
    #27827126 - 06/19/22 10:47 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

To each their own.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #27827644 - 06/19/22 06:12 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

The ghost in the machine is being taken outside the realm of speculative discussions, like we're having, here, and it's allowed to make decisions, that affect other people.

OfflinePs.NoName
Psilocybe Anonymous
 User Gallery

Re: AI Can Now Generate DMT Visuals, Thanks To This Online Community [Re: durian_2008]
    #27827862 - 06/19/22 08:54 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I have experienced visuals I am not sure if is possible to recreate.  Weird stuff like being in a long shiny corridors where I can seemingly see around curves.  The vibrant purples, greens, and shiny metals don't exist in real life  that I have seen, not even in UV lights, neon lights, etc. Machines and geometry so complex and working in ways hard to describe, but I guess I am skeptical.  Plus the headspace, or lack of headspace on dmt.  Its like I don't exist anymore and just in the hyperspace observing.

I am sure it is still cool.  but dmt is beyond the explainable and probably beyond re-creation.  I  usually come out of DMT breakthrough going "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED"

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#27830524 - 06/21/22 02:37 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I disagree.  Firm believer in my experiences that A.I. cannot replicate the experience that that the earth does.  You seem like the kind of guy that is into A.I. sex robots and MDMT. 

Who am I to disagree.  Don't care.  Have had my experiences and will have many more and to each their own.  A Fuck-bot on MDMA which will be legal soon.  You are the man for it, educated guess, no put down.  Can I sign up?  Think many M's would follow in your footsteps in this future tech.

Not the worst thing in the world.  Fuck a blow up doll and throw it out the window while driving.  Science and tech.  People think that it was a real person and that still makes me laugh when Hunter S. Thompson in L.A. threw one out the window and the person driving behind though it was a real woman.  Lol.  That shit still makes me laugh.  On with the future!:wonka:

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#27830769 - 06/21/22 05:56 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Threesome with a robot.

love, soon in Vegas I am sure.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals