Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAsanteA
shroomery admin team
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain?
    #27819212 - 06/14/22 01:58 PM (11 days, 3 hours ago)

I have quite intense diabetic foot pain, due to nerve damage. Its to scream all day for, sometimes.

My heart doesnt really allow NSAIDs, tramadol straight up poisons me, i prefer not to use fentanyl patches because I find it dulls me more than it dulls the pain.

If pain is way out there like now, my goto cocktail for lack of anything better is:

1gr acetaminophen
100mg naproxen
5mg diazepam.

What's your goto?

--------------------
YE OLDE CLICK-O-RAMA FEST :fairy: ASANTE'S PREPAREDNESS 101
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLION    SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  TREES
OMNICALCULATOR :mushroom: CULTIVATE!! :mushroom: DISCORD :mushroom: REDDIT :mushroom: FACEBOOK

please help the teachings of  The Omnicyclion  reach a wider audience
thank you for volunteering your efforts towards this mind (r)evolution

PAXG: 0x52e54ca2780894ea3f839ca0904be2c319c813e9 what's paxg?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheRa
Stranger

Re: what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain? [Re: Asante]
    #27819262 - 06/14/22 02:41 PM (11 days, 2 hours ago)

Whining and moaning is my go-to.
Honestly, I white knuckle it until I can’t. Then 2 ibuprofen + perc or Vicodin if I can get them.
Dr gives me the amount they think I should need, not what I actually need.
Just the opioids don’t do much.
MJ doesn’t do much.
Going in for ablation soon.
My sis was told similar to your regimen, ibuprofen + acetaminophen.
The last couple years have been pretty bad.

OfflineAsanteA
shroomery admin team
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain? [Re: SheRa]
    #27819368 - 06/14/22 03:50 PM (11 days, 1 hour ago)

Yeah i mostly just groan through it without meds, like you. I was shocked at how mild the analgesia of even fentanyl was.

Valium is an ally where it comes to pain. It tends to break the cycle of being upset, to a degree even of prisoners on the day of execution. I find it disrupts the upset of intense pain quite beneficially. intense pain + less upset takes the edge off the process better than a 50mcg/hour fentanyl patch for me without locking up my shit box.

--------------------
YE OLDE CLICK-O-RAMA FEST :fairy: ASANTE'S PREPAREDNESS 101
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLION    SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  TREES
OMNICALCULATOR :mushroom: CULTIVATE!! :mushroom: DISCORD :mushroom: REDDIT :mushroom: FACEBOOK

please help the teachings of  The Omnicyclion  reach a wider audience
thank you for volunteering your efforts towards this mind (r)evolution

PAXG: 0x52e54ca2780894ea3f839ca0904be2c319c813e9 what's paxg?

OfflineNorthernerM
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
    #27820174 - 06/15/22 02:04 AM (10 days, 14 hours ago)

I also live with chronic pain Asante, all the cool kids are doing it these days.

I find valium makes me depressed and every other painkiller either does nothing or makes me feel like crap. So I just ignore it and drink a lot of water. I sleep when I can, and don't when I can't.

Pain is just a message after all, if we want to get all zen and stuff we don't have to listen to that message. I know that's easier said than done, but it can be done.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain? [Re: Northerner]
    #27820184 - 06/15/22 02:34 AM (10 days, 14 hours ago)

Nerve & joint pain for years.  Staying well hydrated, low dose psychedelic fungi, and light exercises (some call it yoga but w/e)  absolutely does wonders compared to everything Pharma that’s currently on the US market.  And I tried most all of it.  Some stuff “helps” but the side effects eventually make it not worth it to me.  At first I couldn’t believe how well fungi helps the actual pain sensation for me.  Thought I was just tripping but I kept at it and found it to be a legitimate analgesic for me.  No headaches, sedation, or other shitty side effects like depression or dependence/withdrawal either.  Not to mention it’s incredibly cheap if you cultivate/find it yourself.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF
    #27820296 - 06/15/22 06:24 AM (10 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

fentanyl patches because I find it dulls me more than it dulls the pain

I read a book recently that said opioids and synthetic opioids don’t block pain from running through your nervous system. It actually blocks the give a fuck receptors. For most people it’s actually the latter that provides the most relief.

It’s probably because you’re a sophisticated and experienced drug user that you’re in tune with the difference.

I have arthritis. I’ll happily take anything but opioids are the only thing that work but I cant get them because of all the retarded fucks who buy them on the black market and die. So you know, people who follow the guidelines should be punished is the solution. 

In my case stretching / yoga helps. Or you could say not stretching makes it worse. Stretching is surprisingly laborious and painful at this point so it’s easy to put off but then you pay even more.

Quote:

Valium is an ally where it comes to pain

Definitely agree for me personally.

If you’re mentally right for it so is weed but it makes me anxious af. I’ve pretty much given up on it. I’m a recovering alcoholic and I just can’t get the hang of weed without booze taking the edge off even with almost six years sobriety (from booze)

--------------------
Lock up your daughters / lock up you wife / lock up your back door / run for you life

OnlineCaptainTrips420

Loc: Bat country
Re: what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain? [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #27820303 - 06/15/22 06:48 AM (10 days, 10 hours ago)

I never tried it but am interested in 3-HO-PCP I think it works on the opioid receptors and has more potency by weight than traditional PCP. However the stuff frightens me I plan on growing poppy pods eventually but I don’t experience pain. I just like the effects of pain killers. Has anyone used kratom for pain? I feel like it could work. I wonder if O-DSMT (O-Desmethyltramadol) would make you sick Asante I was reading it’s the best RC opioid available you can get pure powder not for human consumption though.

--------------------

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain? [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #27820351 - 06/15/22 07:56 AM (10 days, 9 hours ago)

For myself kratom was garbage for nerves/joint pain.  The short half life, taste, side effects, etc were all a turn off.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or - give me Death caps

InvisibleNiffla
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #27820505 - 06/15/22 10:17 AM (10 days, 6 hours ago)

I have chronic lower back pain. It's bad, too. I spend most of the day standing because I can't sit in a chair. My back bothers me more when I'm sitting. When I binge watch shows or whatever i'll spend most of the time standing while i'm watching :picard:

I don't really have a cocktail, I just suffer through it :facepalm:

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF
Re: what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain? [Re: CaptainTrips420]
    #27820615 - 06/15/22 12:14 PM (10 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

CaptainTrips420 said:
I never tried it but am interested in 3-HO-PCP I think it works on the opioid receptors and has more potency by weight than traditional PCP. However the stuff frightens me I plan on growing poppy pods eventually but I don’t experience pain. I just like the effects of pain killers. Has anyone used kratom for pain? I feel like it could work. I wonder if O-DSMT (O-Desmethyltramadol) would make you sick Asante I was reading it’s the best RC opioid available you can get pure powder not for human consumption though.

I was gonna say dust in known for being a great pain killer

--------------------
Lock up your daughters / lock up you wife / lock up your back door / run for you life

OfflinetheRealrollforever
Self-Proclaimed degenerate
 User Gallery

Re: what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain? [Re: Niffla]
    #27820823 - 06/15/22 03:55 PM (10 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
I have chronic lower back pain. It's bad, too. I spend most of the day standing because I can't sit in a chair. My back bothers me more when I'm sitting. When I binge watch shows or whatever i'll spend most of the time standing while i'm watching :picard:

I feel ya man I stand as much as possible

--------------------
:wizard: :wizard:
sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain? [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #27822035 - 06/16/22 09:01 AM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

Willow bark is worth a shot. It is the natural source of aspirin but contains other antiinflammatories too. It's a great choice because it has the benefit of herbal medicine abd still contains the known drug aspirin.

I don't know why everyone gives up on aspirin. For some people it is the only one that addresses pain. The mechanism of action is slightly different than NSAIDs or actomimophpen (tylenol). I think doctors say you can combine it with tylenol (not NSAIDs).

I used to use cannabis to manage my pain, but I'm increasingly not reaching for it. The problem was that, for me at least, the pain relief also sometimes came with heightened sensitivity to other kinds of pain. THC was too psychoactive really to kill pain, although CBD was not useless. But a few times I even had to take tylenol to counteract the cannabis-induced nerve sensitivity. I envy those who experience cannabis only as pain relief; it hasn't always been the case for me.

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation
Re: what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain? [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #27822331 - 06/16/22 01:05 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

I've had neuropathy in my feet for years because of RA and have tried pretty much everything. Gabapentin is the go to nowadays prescribed by docs. I've found that was pretty much worthless as were opioids and tramadol.
I currently take reishi extract and chaga tea daily to help moderate the RA which helps a lot but I still have that pain in my feet. I found a compounder that makes a sav with gabapentin, ketamine, lidocaine and some other stuff that I rub on when the pain gets bad or after several continuous hours on my feet which does help somewhat.

Bottom line is nothing works better than the obvious (weight loss, diet and exercise) I'm slowly getting back to a regiment after recent hip replacement surgery and I gained some weight during the inactivity while healing. Like others have said, you get kinda used to the pain but it still takes a lot out of you energy wise and on your psyche in general. I have a friend that had some stem cell therapy that said helped....that may be a way to go...:shrug:

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Offlinesyncro
    #27823144 - 06/16/22 09:39 PM (8 days, 19 hours ago)

Asante, you are not talking gout are you? I've had some of that and it sucks, but is very easy to remedy (uric acid), at least for me, with tart cherry concoctions from the health food store.

Edited by syncro (06/17/22 08:51 AM)

Invisiblesowlreaper
    #27824465 - 06/17/22 06:59 PM (7 days, 22 hours ago)

get to the root of the problem, remove the root from your life, use medicines that repair with stem cells to regenerate, then live pain free for all eternity

Edited by sowlreaper (06/17/22 07:00 PM)

Anonymous #1

Re: what is your painkiller strategy for your chronic pain? [Re: Niffla]
    #27828291 - 06/20/22 08:49 AM (5 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:

If you have no prior and sustaining injuries then it's likely muscular or to do with the ligaments themselves, which are heavily effected by the the musculature of your back and core. Again as long as there is no prior and sustaining injuries, then you could potentially work this out with the right kind of exercise/stretching or physiotherapy. It could even be a shoulder problem or something. Your shoes. Buy a mat to stand on at work..

Edited by Anonymous (06/20/22 08:51 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom