Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineoe_crf
Stranger
Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: hazyhorse]
    #27815545 - 06/12/22 03:10 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hazyhorse said:
very cool survey!! just finished. the questions were really good

i do think it might help to define a “bad trip” though, because a bad trip can be caused by both internal or external factors. having a bad trip because your buddy who’s never done mushrooms before freaked out on 5g or because you were tripping while your parents were home or something is a lot different than a bad trip that is caused by something internal like struggling with a tough break up or death or other things involving the psyche

great survey just something that crossed my mind on the questions about bad trips. i would certainly avoid talking to cops on mushrooms but i wouldn’t shy away from crying or thinking deeply about something troubling me

Thanks for the feedback! That's definitely an important nuance, and something we will consider when interpreting the results - especially in relation to the insights that some people gain from "bad trips" - a "bad trip" caused by internal factors is probably more likely to be insightful than a "bad trip" caused by parents bursting in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOrioncat
C student of the Golden Teacher
 User Gallery

Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: hazyhorse]
    #27815676 - 06/12/22 07:22 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hazyhorse said:
On the questions about bad trips. i would certainly avoid talking to cops on mushrooms but i wouldn’t shy away from crying or thinking deeply about something troubling me

Something that I might add further: I don't like using the term "bad trip" because of some of the baggage it brings with it. I think a more accurate term is challenging trip. I've had plenty of challenging trips resulting in sadness, fear, crying, and even feelings of hopelessness. I have yet to refer to any of those experiences as bad though. According to the researchers at Johns Hopkins, even when subjects experienced a challenging trip, most of the time they still benefited from it in the end.

Not often, but sometimes I will go into a trip knowing it will be a challenge. I dread it in the beginning because I know it's going to work me over but I know in the end the catharsis it brings will be beautiful and therapeutic.

Never a bad trip, only a challenging one.

--------------------
Things I've learned so far:

Death with consciousness can be boring. Balance is important. Set intentions, not expectations. Sad trips can be helpful as well as challenging trips. Stick with your first dose. We learn more when we listen rather than speak. Be kind. The small moments in life that tend to go unnoticed are sometimes the most beautiful.

Edited by Orioncat (06/12/22 07:25 AM)

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: Orioncat]
    #27815687 - 06/12/22 07:42 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Difficult trip is def not the same as a bad trip

I have had countless difficult trips and only one bad trip.

Bad trips are traumatizing for sure

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

OfflineOrioncat
C student of the Golden Teacher
 User Gallery

Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #27815795 - 06/12/22 09:21 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I suppose you bring up a good point. I should remind myself of that in the future when this topic comes up again.

If you don't mind me asking, would you say your bad trip experience came from a lack of the ability to give in to the trip? Did you learn anything from the experience? Also, does the trauma still affect you. Would you have done anything differently in hindsight? I'm genuinely interested. Thank you.

--------------------
Things I've learned so far:

Death with consciousness can be boring. Balance is important. Set intentions, not expectations. Sad trips can be helpful as well as challenging trips. Stick with your first dose. We learn more when we listen rather than speak. Be kind. The small moments in life that tend to go unnoticed are sometimes the most beautiful.

OfflineDEZn00ts
The Wizard of The Midwest
Male

Loc: Anus, Cantaffordit
    #27816067 - 06/12/22 01:08 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tripsurfer said:
Done

Unusual questions :strokebeard:

Not unusual at all. They are gauging where you are mentally. I thought it was going to be a basic survey but they asked some of the right questions.

--------------------

"it's genetic. Asians are better at math if born in America or Asia. Black people run faster born in Africa or America. White people are still more racist no matter where they were born either. it's genetic." -bodhisatta

OfflineDEZn00ts
The Wizard of The Midwest
Male

Loc: Anus, Cantaffordit
    #27816072 - 06/12/22 01:12 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tripsurfer said:
Difficult trip is def not the same as a bad trip

I have had countless difficult trips and only one bad trip.

Bad trips are traumatizing for sure

I've had a difficult trip (good term) and I've had multiple bad, traumatizing trips. Made me stop doing any psychedelics and I believe partially for why I am mentally fucked up till this day. I am HOPING I can micro dose up to some place "nice" and not scarf down a doubled headed, two inch tall, half grown Blue Meanie or a bunch of Albino A+ pins lmfao... :psychsplit: :allseeingeye:

Quote:

Orioncat said:
I suppose you bring up a good point. I should remind myself of that in the future when this topic comes up again.

If you don't mind me asking, would you say your bad trip experience came from a lack of the ability to give in to the trip? Did you learn anything from the experience? Also, does the trauma still affect you. Would you have done anything differently in hindsight? I'm genuinely interested. Thank you.

I partially believe this is what happened to me and my brain chemistry has been fucked ever since. I tend to never be able to relax and need to be in control of my highs, so shrooms was a bad move for me. I live a different life damn near 10 years after I got into mycology so I am going to try and reverse time and use this gift GOD gave me to try and SEE if I can heal.

I don't believe in half the spiritual mumbo jumbo people talk about Psychedelics... But lets fucking find out!!!

--------------------

"it's genetic. Asians are better at math if born in America or Asia. Black people run faster born in Africa or America. White people are still more racist no matter where they were born either. it's genetic." -bodhisatta

Edited by DEZn00ts (06/12/22 01:16 PM)

InvisibleMurphSmurf
Float On
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: DEZn00ts] * 1
    #27817241 - 06/13/22 08:34 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

:heart:

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: Orioncat]
    #27818987 - 06/14/22 08:21 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I would have skipped the second and third dose of high strength LSD blotter for sure

I didn't sleep for 3 days and saw rainbow aura's for 2 months

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

OfflineNeurotech
Stranger

#27819199 - 06/14/22 11:48 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

TY for doing this work!!

It would be intersting to be kept updated here on the number of responses you are getting.

Offlinesacredgeomancer
Ehh?

Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: oe_crf]
    #27819615 - 06/14/22 04:34 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Interesting

Offlineoe_crf
Stranger
Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: Neurotech]
    #27820209 - 06/15/22 01:32 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Neurotech said:
TY for doing this work!!

It would be intersting to be kept updated here on the number of responses you are getting.

Thank you for participating! Currently, approx. 80 Shroomery users have completed the survey and approx. 20 have partially completed it. We are still getting new responses every day!

Thanks everyone for continuing to support this, and glad to see some of the questions have sparked an interesting debate about challenging experiences :smile:

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

#27820234 - 06/15/22 01:58 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Psychedelics are like the precious Soma.. water flower., pomegranate flower.. hemlock flower.. bittersweet flower..aroma rose 🌹

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: BrendanFlock]
    #27821084 - 06/15/22 05:34 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I'd love to see the raw data when yall are done collecting it if possible.

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

OfflineCharlizTherunicorn
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: SLC
    #27821544 - 06/15/22 10:03 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Just finished. Interesting survey. Hopefully the results will be shared when finished collecting data.

Offlineoe_crf
Stranger
Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: CharlizTherunicorn]
    #27821888 - 06/16/22 02:35 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:
I'd love to see the raw data when yall are done collecting it if possible.

Quote:

CharlizTherunicorn said:
Just finished. Interesting survey. Hopefully the results will be shared when finished collecting data.

Thank you both! It's great that you find the questions and data interesting.

We will not share the raw data, however, due to ethical and privacy considerations regarding individual-level data. But, we can and will share aggregated results of responses to the questions :smile:

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#27822162 - 06/16/22 08:40 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Insight.  But not to go far.  As told by whatever that is that if I did I would ruin my being born and the not to respect the veil.  And believe me you will be warned at least in my experience.  What their is to explore in or limited mortality was communicated to that I waited a EXTREEMLY long time to be born an have a body and what I can do with it.  WAKE UP!  You get it when you get it.

Then most just want to assist waking up that in their selves but so much a blind man yet I get why, to a degree, why I am here and chose this as all of us did.  IMO.  Make up your own mind.

Quite an adventure isn't it?  Yet in the spirit world, made me laugh a person saying some beings got pissed off because he was interacting with them and not "dead" yet.  Never think for a second that suicide, which is the stupidist thing a person can do, will allieviate problems and bring happiness.  No.  Enjoy your body as we are all mortal.  Whoever made up this construct great.  My respect to it. 

Simple, take esoterics and one sees through people.  One sees through fake people and governments.  People don't like that, corrupted people within.  Whether with religions, prisons, government, families, I get it.  I am not in charge of things.  Spiritual law.  I fucked with it and wow did I get the worse experience I have had in my life so far.  Being cut off from the grid that connects everything and I mean everything.  No one or group has a trademark on it.  Compared to what the government did to me those 10 minutes compared to 3 months and 10 years probation was nothing.

So it humbled me.  Am a lot careful now how I tread in life and the spirit world.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: Barnaby]
    #27822215 - 06/16/22 09:49 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Lateral thinking.

InvisibleKeyMaker
Urban Wizard

Loc: in a van down by the river
Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: durian_2008]
    #27822257 - 06/16/22 10:21 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I took the survey, and I love that people are doing this kind of research.

OfflineNeurotech
Stranger

Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: durian_2008] * 1
    #27822338 - 06/16/22 11:09 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
Lateral thinking.

Had no idea what it was, so thanks for mentioning it. Here is a quiz to asses your lateral thinking:

http://www.theeducators.co/2013/10/20/lateral-thinking/

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: What do psychedelics mean to YOU? [Re: Neurotech]
    #27822521 - 06/16/22 01:03 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Neurotech said:
Quote:

durian_2008 said:
Lateral thinking.

Had no idea what it was, so thanks for mentioning it. Here is a quiz to asses your lateral thinking:

http://www.theeducators.co/2013/10/20/lateral-thinking/

I accidently touched that link and my phone flagged it as a phishing site. Be warned

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale