Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinescooterblue
nostalgic
Male

Depression treatment by, yourself * 1
    #27761495 - 05/03/22 01:54 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

After 27 years of having been battling severe treatment resistant depression, and anxiety. I tripped on acid a few times of varying lengths of time. Never less then 6 months. Longest was a year before I dosed again. I have had over 20 concussions which has affected some memories. My first post was here in 2015. Anyway, I'm just wondering who else has used LSD to treat their depression and or anxiety, and how much luck you've had. How long in-between doses? Also I have the opportunity to try mescaline, I have no experience with it however my dad who is an old acid user from the 60's-70's told me some tales. Who here has used that for self treatment? I'm trying to Branch out. I would like to try mushrooms but I get lost at the huge variety, doseages and whatnot.

I hope this is the right category.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejack_straw2208
Doctor
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Depression treatment by, yourself [Re: scooterblue] * 1
    #27761536 - 05/03/22 02:36 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

When in doubt, start slow and work your way up.

I have difficulty putting it into words, but any perceivable amount of psychedelics seems to have a lasting beneficial effect on my cognition, like, even after the trip is over, the next few days, my mind is slowly blooming like a flower and doubts and anxieties are easier to handle without spiraling into melancholy.

Im sure there are ways to maximize the therapeutic benefits, but just taking them in nature with art supplies and some instruments, feels very therapeutic by itself. Forests and beaches are my fav.

I think maybe something about the tripping headspace leads most folks to want to sing/dance/create, natural remedies to The Blues that modern society would rather sell you pills for.

Mushrooms don't last as long as acid, they can take you to a similar place that acid does. I find them to be less stimulating than acid, but just as powerful in terms of mind melting.

They also tend to kick in a bit quicker, so you can eat some, wait an hour, eat a bit more, See how you're feeling, and just carry on that way till you're ready to pass out.

Mescaline takes longer to kick in and lasts a bit longer than acid, but it seems much more gentle and natural IME. The confusion seems more peaceful and adventurous to me. It has been used as medicine for ages, I recommend it, but do your own research first.

Also, plenty of folks on here trip weekly. I am not recommending you increase your frequency, conventional wisdom says it's more important to space out MDMA than psychedelics

--------------------
If you can’t tell what you desperately need, it’s probably sleep.

Offlinescooterblue
nostalgic
Male

Re: Depression treatment by, yourself [Re: jack_straw2208] * 1
    #27761567 - 05/03/22 02:54 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Yea I had tried some micro dosing quite awhile ago but did not have the effects i was after. I found it to be almost debilitating to a certain degree. It actually gave me some pretty bad headaches now that could totally be my fault. Just not sure why it went that way. I'm not really after the "trip" I mean sure it's pretty damn fun, but what I'm really after is the way I feel the next day, that "reset" effect it gives. I don't want to go trying things I have absolutely no knowledge about so I will be doing as much research as I can on mescaline.

InvisibleTheConfluence
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Depression treatment by, yourself [Re: scooterblue] * 2
    #27764036 - 05/05/22 07:37 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I've been micro'ing in loose accordance with the "Stamet's stack" aiming for a true sub threshold dose (zero hallucinatory effect).

I am petite so I start at a 0.2g up to 0.3 to 0.5 and the maybe... If I am feeling a little saucy I'll end the stack with a medium dose never exceeding 2 full grams... Obviously the final day I will have mild to moderate effects but the tolerance is pretty established at that point.

I myself have MDD and a profound panic attack disorder (which is why I don't prefer the Rick Doblin "optimal arousal therapy"). My experience is best described with a quote I heard on YouTube...

You don't really notice you've taken anything throughout the day, but you may feel more energetic, more sociable, more focused and creative. Whatever the case may be, by the end of the day I am nearly always able to look back on my day and think to myself... Wow, I had a really great day today.

--------------------
When two people dream the same dream, it ceases to be an illusion.

Philip K. Dick
Lies, Inc. (1984)

Offlinescooterblue
nostalgic
Male

Re: Depression treatment by, yourself [Re: TheConfluence] * 1
    #27764607 - 05/05/22 03:20 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Wow that's awesome. I am glad you have found a way to treat it

OfflineAkuAku
Cpt
I'm a teapot

Loc: Rural Greece
Re: Depression treatment by, yourself [Re: scooterblue]
    #27769559 - 05/09/22 08:50 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

So, as far as mushrooms go you have all the info you need around here, I am going for the shortest report of my recent mescaline "trip".

If it's of any interest I have ingested many things in my adult life, not necessarily in the setting of therapy, having various results, including some very unpleasant experiences. Never mescaline.
I do struggle with depression, and life treats me hard lately.

I recently got invited in a peyote ceremony. I had the chance to meet the guys beforehand, as we set the tipi and that made me comfortable.

It was an all night experience so starting at around 9-10 pm we all ingested some, in the tipi with the shaman.
Taste is awful still I thought that taking my time chewing is a way of respecting the plant, plus there was a lot of peyote tea to help with that.

Having experience with psychedelics I expected things that I shouldn't. After some hours of not being impressed and now being in an "open bar" kind of thing I ingested more, more than most of the participants. Yet nothing major, many of them throwing up, people tripping with the prayers and songs and I was mildly spacing out.

Until I played some music.
This was like the activator of it all. From next day's discussion I was told it truly needs some pushing. Also my thesis in all this was not so pure, but in any case I was now vividly hallucinating, still nothing compared to images created with LSD shrooms and the rest.
I remember watching the fireplace being alive, I dived in this fiery kingdom and went in a dream like state. Many things happened including a conversation with the plant but I will keep it short.

From where I stand now, something longer than a month has passed since and I could still find feelings to say the least, connect with the experience. One of the strongest things that have went through my stomach and out my heart, finally grounding me strong in my feet.

I would never try it alone, meaning without an experienced guide, call it a shaman or whatever.
Just to clarify, peyote to me is nothing like a party drug, in a sense it might even be useless outside the setting of a ceremony, in a tipi with the fireplace and all. It's the songs and prayers, the people in the circle and the next day's comedown talk that make the way to the trip. No do it with some friends in the woods thing. To me. Better go with shrooms in that.
Also as with all, no two experience are the same.

Sorry for the long post, (also first YaY) could not hold it shorter.

Good luck with your struggles and keep us informed.

Offlinescooterblue
nostalgic
Male

Re: Depression treatment by, yourself [Re: AkuAku]
    #27772002 - 05/10/22 10:32 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Thank you for your post.

OfflineBroom
Sponge

#27798476 - 05/30/22 12:05 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the post, good luck

Offlinemircea
Stranger
    #27810500 - 06/08/22 05:51 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

scooterblue said:
After 27 years of having been battling severe treatment resistant depression, and anxiety. I tripped on acid a few times of varying lengths of time. Never less then 6 months. Longest was a year before I dosed again. I have had over 20 concussions which has affected some memories. My first post was here in 2015.

So did you experience improvement from your LSD trips?

A friend participated in a clinical trial on the efficacy of psilocybin in treating treatment resistant depression, and the single session he had already made a huge difference. What about your experience?

Offlinepsilocybinmansions
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Depression treatment by, yourself [Re: mircea]
    #27811178 - 06/08/22 06:23 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Best thing you can do for depression is try to learn how to feel exactly what it is, you'll have a natural resistance to feeling pain, but you have to dig into it

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: geokills, veggie, LogicaL Chaos, Pastywhyte
2,285 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.