Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Cambodians [Re: Eddie Walker]
    #277887 - 03/24/01 10:40 AM (23 years, 10 days ago)

hey Tom,
did it ever occur to you that maybe your syringes got frozen in shipping?
The cambodians do not do well in freezing or cold temps at all.
They love heat. In fact, anyone living in snow bound area right now, I would not recommend ordering cams in syringes at all. Prints are ok, but when suspended in water and frozen, they dont survive.
Eddie Walker got a kit and cam spores from the same batch you did and his are doing fine.

Send me a PM Tom and I'll send you something else out.

peace.
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk on 03/24/01 12:41 PM.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRxwoman
Loc: the great plains, USA.
Re: Cambodians [Re: tom]
    #277993 - 03/24/01 02:12 PM (23 years, 10 days ago)

It's strange that you would post that. My llama Hercules sent for cambodians also, and the syringe was so contaminated with bacteria. To be fair, the Hawk's Eye promptly replaced the syringe, but now, out of 8 jars only 5 have germinated, and those have been growing for almost 2 weeks and the growths are only a dime sized to a quarter sized, a couple even smaller than that. I cannot help but wonder what Hercules is doing wrong. I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps
his syringe didn't get chilled also? I know Cambos are supposed to colonized very quickly too, so something must be very wrong.
On the other hand, from the first syringe that was contaminated with bacteria, all the jars and grain, and especially the honey water all really boiled up with funky bacteria, except, somehow for one that germinated in one spot. That one jar colonized eventually, and even though it never would colonize 100%, he finally just cut off the uncolonized area. He crumbled the cake which was pinning already, and cased it. It finally produced some beautiful fruit, that though smaller than the posted pictures, were a very nice change from the short, fat-assed fruit that the PF Classics had grown.
Anyway, maybe he should wait until warmer temps, and try again. Rxwoman.

OfflineKast
old hand
Re: Cambodians [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #278060 - 03/24/01 04:24 PM (23 years, 10 days ago)

Ryche, I'm not trolling you so don't take it that way. But for years, I've been under the impression that all mushroom spores are coated with the same hard organic substance which protects them from below freezing temperatures. And ESPECIALLY within the same species, I would imagine that if one cubensis could survive freezing which it surely can do, then another cubensis could survive freezing as well. Do you have a source of your info., or is it just speculation?

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Cambodians [Re: Kast]
    #278091 - 03/24/01 05:17 PM (23 years, 10 days ago)

Only nature and experience Kast.
Some cubs have adapted to environment where freezing does occur in the winter. Places like thailand and cambodia, I doubt they see much, if any snow there ;) That is probably whey we see these strains do so well in the heat.
On the other hand, the Tasmania strain, which has 4 seasons, and a very short warm season, where cubensis mushrooms can only be found growing 1 or 2 months out of the year, they have adapted to the colder freezing temps much better, and we've had those babies fruiting outdoors daytime temps of 60F night low of 45F.
Its just my theory that they have adapted survival traits to their natural habitat to spread their spore.

peace

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

OfflineKast
old hand
Re: Cambodians [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #278099 - 03/24/01 05:33 PM (23 years, 10 days ago)

I completely agree with that, but I was curious as to the spores themselves, not just the strain of mushroom being grown. Are you saying that the spores' characteristics are relative to the strain's?

And you know what, I have no idea if they are or not. I've never heard of anything saying they are or aren't, so I'm completely in the dark here. I've always assumed spores were spores, and even though what sprouted from them was different, they were all made of the same stuff.

OfflineEddie Walker
enthusiast

Re: Cambodians [Re: tom]
    #278118 - 03/24/01 06:12 PM (23 years, 10 days ago)

Tom and avarrin my FOAF was keeping them 65'~90' (thought we killed them a few times) and they were going kinda slow. He saw first signs at 6~8 days. It got about 30% at day 16.

But since that time he has buffered the heater with a huge anatomy book and gotten the temp to stay 80'~83' and it went from 50->90% in 4 days. I'll keep you guys updated as they progress.

What temperature is your freind keeping them tom? My freind also had the worst habit of shaking them too many times. I think he has shook them like 5 times total. I would suggest a maximum of 2 or 3 shakes.

Sorry wish I had a digital camera. Hmm maybe I'll have to buy one.

Spores The Hawks Eye - Mycology Supplies Fungi Perfecti

--------------------
Mycology Supplies[blue]Fungi Perfecti[/blue]

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom