Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOOISI
Nothingness
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.Australia
Siddartha Gautamas Phrophecy
    #2780513 - 06/10/04 09:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Siddartha Gautama (Buddha, the man we created buddhism)
made a phropecy before he died and that was that every 2500 years there is intense chaos but everytime a man conceived of pure consciousness saves humanity.

Supposedly a man named Maitreya (whos name means kindness) will save the human race (soon) because it is starting to diminish.

If anyone wants info on this i can post it, just request it , anyone.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCrazyShroomMan
journeyman
Re: Siddartha Gautamas Phrophecy [Re: OOISI]
    #2780528 - 06/10/04 09:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Do it!

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2780531 - 06/10/04 09:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

PLease do. :laugh:

--------------------
What?

OfflineOOISI
Nothingness
Male User Gallery

#2780741 - 06/10/04 10:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Buddha's Prophecies

Buddha (563?-483? BC) was an Indian philosopher and the founder of Buddhism, born in Kapilavastu, India, just inside present-day Nepal. He was the son of the head of the Sakya warrior caste, with the private name of Siddhartha; in later life, he was known also as Sakyamuni -sage of the Sakyas. The name Gautama Buddha is a combination of the family name Gautama and the appellation Buddha, meaning ?Enlightened One.?

Yielding to his father?s wishes, he married at an early age and participated in the worldly life of the court. One day in 533, according to tradition, he encountered an aged man, a sick man, and a corpse, and he suddenly and deeply realized that suffering is the common lot of humankind. Buddha found his carefree, self-indulgent existence dull, and after a while he left home and began wandering in search of enlightenment. He then came upon a mendicant monk, calm and serene, whereupon he determined to adopt his way of life and forsake family, wealth, and power in the quest for Truth. Gautama was then 29 years old. About 528, while sitting under a bo tree near Buddh Gaya, in the northern part of India, he experienced Nirvikalpa Samadhi, this is a spiritual enlightment to some extent. He revealed the way of salvation from suffering.

Buddha, taught that all the extremes should be avoided. His followers should follow the Majjhima Patipada -middle path- which leads to cessation of suffering through just such avoidance of extremes. Rejecting severe asceticism on the one hand and self-indulgence on the other, the Buddha proposed a ?middle way? of mental and intellectual discipline and meditation. Buddha taught that we must find the ?middle way,? a path between the two extremes...the path which leads to the Truth. He was against Hindu hedonism, asceticism, ritualism, extreme spiritualism, the caste system, the attainment and practice of occult powers -siddhis-, prevalence of worship of deities through yaga and yagna -highly complicated sacrificial fire rituals-, tantra -form of worship where ritualistic forms are involved- and mantra -sacred syllables or words which connect you to a certain source of spiritual energy. He was against all this, because the Yugadharma -Spiritual Law for this era (Kali Yuga)- states that all those practices should be avoided. This is God?s Will.

Gautama the Buddha, among others, told his disciples in a text called the Diamond Sutra that every 2500 years, there is a period of intense chaos and strife as the Dharma Wheel, Wheel of the Divine Law, starts a new revolution. At that time, the Wheel is once more set in motion and with it, an entirely new phase in the consciousness of the planet. Two thousand five hundred years ago, exceptional highly evolved souls emerged simultaneously all over the planet, and also Buddhism, Taoism , Jainism, Confucianism and Zorostrianism appeared at that time.

In India Buddha, founder of Buddhism and Mahavira, founder of Jainism as a major historical religious tradition, took birth.

In Greece Heraclitus of Ephesus, European philosopher who was one of the founders of Greek metaphysics; Socrates, great philosopher, who profoundly affected Western philosophy. His criticism of injustice in Athenian society led to his prosecution and a death sentence for allegedly corrupting the youth of Athens; Plato, one of the most creative and influential thinkers in Western philosophy. He was the first to use the term philosophy, which means ?love of knowledge;? Aristotle, philosopher and scientist who surveyed and systematized nearly all the extant branches of knowledge and provided the first ordered accounts of biology, psychology, physics, and literary theory. In addition, he invented the field known as formal logic; Pythagoras, philosopher and mathematician, whose doctrines strongly influenced Plato. He founded a movement with religious, political, and philosophical aims, known as Pythagoreanism.

In Persia Zoroaster was born. He was a religious prophet, founder of a great Middle East religion called Zoroastrianism.

In China was Lao Tzu, philosopher founder of Taoism. He is the author of a great philosophical treatise called the Tao-te Ching (Classic of the Way and Its Virtue). This small book has had an enormous influence on Chinese thought and culture. Chuang Tzu, thinker in classical Chinese philosophy of central importance to Taoism. Sosan, great Zen master incarnated at that time.

It is important to remark that four major religious orders of Buddhism, Taoism, Zorostrianism and the spiritual rebirth of Jainism all appeared together. Buddha predicted that the next turn of the Wheel would see an unprecedented change in man of a magnitude never before reached in the history of the species. We exist exactly at the time of that turn of the Wheel.

He Comes as . . . The Maitreya
(Buddhist Prophecy)

?At that period, brethren, there will arise in the world an Exalted One named Maitreya, Fully Awakened, abounding in wisdom and goodness, happy, with knowledge of the worlds, unsurpassed as a guide to mortals willing to be led, a teacher for gods and men, an Exalted One, a Buddha, even as I am now. He, by himself, will thoroughly know and see, as it were face to face, this universe, with Its worlds of the spirits, Its Brahmas and Its Maras, and Its world of recluses and Brahmins, of princes and peoples, even as I now, by myself, thoroughly know and see them? (Digha Nikaya, 26).

This prophecy by Guatama Buddha is very ambiguous, that is to say, it has very few details that allow us to probe into it and extract details that predict when Maitreya will come. But there are a few Buddhist prophecies that are more specific to the time when the Maitreya will arise:

?After my decease, first will occur the five disappearances. And what are the five disappearances? The disappearance of attainments [to Nirvana], the disappearance of the method [inability to practice wisdom, insight and the four purities of moral habit], the disappearance of learning [loss of men who follow the Dharma], the disappearance of the symbols [the outward forms, the robes and practices of Buddhism], the disappearance of the relics...?

?Then when the Dispensation of the perfect Buddha is 5,000 years old, the relics, not receiving reverence and honor will go to places where they can receive them... This, Sariputta, is called the disappearance of relics? (The Surangama Sutra).

The above passage clearly predicts, as so many other religions of the world have, that when society degrades and God (and His religion) are thought of as second to intellectualism, then the Savior will appear. Likewise, in the Bible, we find the confusion that must take place before the coming of the Messiah, and in THOTH we find an explanation for it:

??Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so. Amen.? (Rev. 1:7). ?Cloud? means confusion. He comes whenever confusion comes to humanity. ?When righteousness is weak and faints and unrighteousness exults in pride [confusion], then my Soul arises on earth? (Bhagavad-Gita 4:7). ?Every eye shall see him,? means that those who have their eyes opened (third eyes) will see him. ?They also which pierced him? means that those who pierced him will also see his glory. When it is said that he will come from the sky, the sky means the same as heaven, and heaven means Pure Consciousness. So he comes from Pure Consciousness, or he comes as an Avatar (god-man)? (THOTH, Revelation Of The Revelation, T1, V21-24).

We can see that the same conditions are given in all religions. Each religion gives only a slightly different account of the times before the coming of the Messiah, and each religion likewise gives only a slightly different description of how the Messiah will come. Nevertheless, with all the promises of moral degradation and societal deterioration and likewise with all the promises of a coming Messiah, it must be realized that all the religions of the world, in their own manner, are predicting the same event. This is to say that the titles Mahdi, Christ, Krishna, Shah-Bahram, Kalki, Maitreya, Muhammad, and the like, are interchangeable just as the prophecies that herald each of their appearances are likewise. The world, in all its niches and groups, are awaiting the same thing, that they all await Maitreya.

One of the most significant of these prophecies of the world, are the ones that give dates or times by which we may recognize when the Messiah will arise. The prophecy given by Buddha gives a near to exact date of when the Maitreya will come. The clue that helps us to understand when the Maitreya will be manifested is:

? . . . when the Dispensation of the perfect Buddha is 5000 years old.?

Buddha, who was sent to India, spoke to a Hindu audience, in terminology that they could relate to and understand. Considering that Buddha was speaking to followers of Hinduism, He was speaking in terms of the Hindu system of dating.

Hinduism is expecting the appearance of the Kalki Avatar, shortly after the beginning of the Krita age and the end of the Kali age. The exact date of when the Kali age ends and the Krita age begins is unknown. However, it has been estimated that the Kali age ended at noon on the first of August 1943 A.D. Assuming then that this date is correct, the Buddhist equivalent year (which pertains to the Dispensation of the perfect Buddha lasting 5,000 years) would be approximately the year 2,486 in the Buddhist era.

?If, Ananda, women had not retired from the household life to the houseless one, under the doctrine and discipline announced by the Tathagata, Dharma Ananda would long endure; a thousand years would the good Dharma abide. But since, Ananda, women have now retired from the household life to the houseless one, under the doctrine and the discipline announced by the Tathagata, not long Ananda, will Dharma endure; but five hundred years Ananda, until the Dharma abide? (Vinya Pitaka II. 253 ff).

Buddha had previously promised that the Dharma would last for 5,000 years, which if broken down is really five periods of one thousand years, each period representing one of the five disappearances. After the fifth period, that is five thousand years, the Dharma would disappear and the true message of Buddha would be lost.

However, Buddha contests that because He has allowed women to participate in the fullness of Buddhist life, He would halve the time until the Dharma's expiration from five periods of one-thousand years (5,000 years), to five periods of five-hundred years (2,500 years).

According to Buddha, and explanation above, the Dharma would disappear 2,500 years after His Dispensation began (1957 A.D.), and shortly after the five disappearances, the Maitreya would come.

This interpretation of Scripture is supported by a number of ancient Chinese's Buddhist commentaries, here is one such example:

"The monks and stream attainers (followers) will be strong in their union with Dharma for 500 years after the Blessed One's Parinirvana. In the second 500 years they will be strong in meditation; in the third period of 500 years they will be strong in erudition. In the fourth 500 years period they will only be occupied with gift giving. The final or fifth period of 500 years will see only fighting and reproving among the monks and followers. The pure Dharma will then become invisible (disappear)" (Abhidharmakosha, 4.12c. III. p. 41).

From these two examples we may conclude that Maitreya should arise sometime around 1957 A.D., but are there any other clues for the date of the Maitreya? Yes, and we will review one more before we reach our conclusion:

?I have another prophecy, also, Tibetan: It is predicted that the manifestation of Maitreya shall come after the wars...? (Maitreya Lord of the World, by Dr. M. Doreal).

Here is the conclusion that we have reached: (1) The Maitreya would have to arise sometime after the Kali age and at the beginning of the Krita age, which would be sometime after August 1st, 1943. (2) Around 2,500 years after the beginning of the Dispensation of the Buddha, the Maitreya would arise. This would be around 1957 A.D. (3) The Maitreya would come after the great wars, in an age that was beginning to prosper and rebuild. With these three points we can reach our final conclusion that is: Maitreya will arise between the year 1943 A.D. and 1957 A.D.

More Hints About Who The Maitreya Will Be:

?The Lord replied, 'Maitreya, the best of men, will then leave the Tushita heavens, and go for his last rebirth. As soon as he is born he will walk seven steps forward, and where he puts down his feet a jewel or a lotus will spring up. He will raise his eyes to the ten directions, and will speak these words: 'This is my last birth. There will be no rebirth after this one. Never will I come back here, but, all pure, I shall win Nirvana.? (Buddhist Scriptures by Edward Conze)

Buddha tells us several key things about Maitreya and Maitreya?s Message. The first of these is that Maitreya will leave ?the Tushita heavens.? That is to say that Maitreya comes from heaven to earth. The same thing was said about Christ in the Bible.

The words, ?and go for his last rebirth,? refers to this being Christ?s final appearance on earth as Messiah that is recorded in all Scriptures. He will bring the Final Revelation of God to man (Revelation chapter five). He Opens the Book Sealed with the Seven Seals and Reveals the Unity of all Religions. So, what Buddha is saying is that Maitreya (Christ Spirit) is the final appearance of the Buddha, as Kalki is the final Avatar of Vishnu and the Seventh Angel, Maitreya is on earth.

When He comes a jewel will arise which is His Teachings. The second meaning is concerned with Maitreya's revelation of the unfolding lotus petal, which is the base of the Mission?s sign.

And finally, in regards to the words, ?This is my last birth. There will be no Great Revelation after this one. Never will I come back here, but, all pure, I shall win Nirvana,? simply confirms the statement in the Bible said about the Seventh Angel,

?But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel? the mystery of God should be finished?(Rev 10:7).?

that should be it , i did some quick copying pasting so it might have extra shit in also.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2780787 - 06/10/04 10:57 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Many Christians believe that The Maitreya will be the anti-christ.

Just do a search on "Maitreya" on the message boards at www.christianity.com and you'll see what I mean.

OfflineOOISI
Nothingness
Male User Gallery

Re: Siddartha Gautamas Phrophecy [Re: MOTH]
    #2780834 - 06/10/04 11:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

This is based on buddhism.

It is said that
every religion is predicting a new saviour, but its all the same person. (every religion predicting the same person as the saviour).

Maitreyas what buddhist call the new saviour.

The anti-christ is just a build up of negative emotions (my oppinion)

I also have another document which has the conversation between Buddha 3 weeks or 3 months before his death (forget which 1) and Ananda (his cousin) talking about the coming of Maitreya (the New christ,buddha etc) im unsure if i posted. Im gonna go to sleep now but ill post it tomorrow if i havent posted already. so check tomorrow (if you want) to read that, and ill also see if i got anything else on maitreya (From a buddhist perspective).

Edited by OOISI (06/10/04 10:09 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2780981 - 06/10/04 11:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OOISI said:
This is based on buddhism.

It is said that
every religion is predicting a new saviour, but its all the same person. (every religion predicting the same person as the saviour).

Maitreyas what buddhist call the new saviour.

The anti-christ is just a build up of negative emotions (my oppinion)

I also have another document which has the conversation between Buddha 3 weeks or 3 months before his death (forget which 1) and Amitabha (his cousin) talking about the coming of Maitreya (the New christ,buddha etc) im unsure if i posted. Im gonna go to sleep now but ill post it tomorrow if i havent posted already. so check tomorrow (if you want) to read that, and ill also see if i got anything else on maitreya (From a buddhist perspective).

Yeah, that's cool. I wasn't saying that I thought the Buddhist Maitreya was the anti-christ, but that I had heard Christians use the name before in that context.

Very interesting, nonetheless.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Siddartha Gautamas Phrophecy [Re: MOTH]
    #2781130 - 06/10/04 12:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i wonder how many people will try to take advantage of this knowledge and try to create followers.

how can one tell if a teacher/guru is real. can you tell a tree by its fruits?

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
    #2781421 - 06/10/04 02:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Maitreya is already here...he's just waiting for the third world war and the enevitable fall of the American empire  :thumbup:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2781791 - 06/10/04 03:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

benjamin creme & his group took out newpaper ads in the late 70s announcing the arrival the the maiteya buddha...

check out constance cumby's rabidly fundi-christian book about the new age & the new world order _the hidden dangers of the rainbow_

"may you live in interesting times" goes the ancient chinese curse...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #2782335 - 06/10/04 05:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think considering this passage especially

'“After my decease, first will occur the five disappearances. And what are the five disappearances? The disappearance of attainments [to Nirvana], the disappearance of the method [inability to practice wisdom, insight and the four purities of moral habit], the disappearance of learning [loss of men who follow the Dharma], the disappearance of the symbols [the outward forms, the robes and practices of Buddhism], the disappearance of the relics...”

illustrates that the time for Maitreya is definitely not in the near future. The 'five dissappearances' definitely havent occured as yet, which is evidenced from the fact that buddhism is still followed and practiced, and that there are still many 'good' monks (atleast from what I have observed).

Jono.

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

OfflineCleverName

Re: Siddartha Gautamas Phrophecy [Re: jono]
    #2782357 - 06/10/04 05:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i agree, if this is true, then id give another 500-1000 years at least. although, i dont know what the fuck im talking about.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Siddartha Gautamas Phrophecy [Re: jono]
    #2782364 - 06/10/04 05:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the 'buddhism' that is still around today is not the same 'buddhism' that it once was  :nonono:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

OfflineCleverName

Re: Siddartha Gautamas Phrophecy [Re: Muppet]
    #2782393 - 06/10/04 05:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

it isnt? are you sure?

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Siddartha Gautamas Phrophecy [Re: CleverName]
    #2782476 - 06/10/04 05:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

in one of my past lives I went by the name Siddhartha  :wink:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

OfflineCleverName

#2782486 - 06/10/04 06:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

cool, hehe...by the way, the title of this thread says phrophecy, what is that about?

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2782511 - 06/10/04 06:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

why the final earthly carnation of the christ consciousness of course  :yesnod:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

OfflineCleverName

#2782523 - 06/10/04 06:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

like the powdered milk or like the flower?
it doesnt matter...when the knew buuda comes we will all be enlightinged, rite?

--------------------

this is the purpose

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2782550 - 06/10/04 06:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

like the taking on a lower density form (in this case - that of a human)

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2782616 - 06/10/04 06:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

like the powdered milk or like the flower?

Are you sure you are not The Swami?  :smirk:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology