Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
How growkits are grown
    #2774839 - 06/08/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

A while I ordered 4 growkits.  They contained a layer of perlite in the bottom, a big layer of colonized rye (it looked like rye, and thats all of the substrate that I saw) and topped off with a layer of vermiculite.  WHen I got the grow kits the instruction was to dunk them (for 24 hours... or was it 12, dont remember) and then leave them to fruit. 
Anyway, I was wondering how this was made.  Any suggestions.  I believe they used bags, like sterilized substrate in bags and inoculated them, once they got close enough to 100% colonized they pour the colonized material in these containers on top of a layer of perlite and topped them with verm.
But if this is true I dont understand why it was then possible to dunk them in unsterile water... maybe 99% of the rye looked to be colonized, but not 100%... so wouldnt it be very possible to get that 1% contaminated easily? :mushroom2:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: How growkits are grown [Re: filthysock]
    #2774867 - 06/08/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

When I make such grow kits, I make up
the substrate, add it to the plastic container, then pressure cook.

After its cooled I inject cloned material into it from
1 inoculation point, then place in the incubator untilwhite and ready for sale.

Its possible to dunk them in unsterile water
as there fully colonised, so theres not much for a contam to get a foot hold on.

I would suggest bottle spring water, which is sterile by nature though.
Tape water is poop imho.

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: How growkits are grown [Re: Loki]
    #2774963 - 06/08/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

tap water should at least be in a plastic container of some sort for 24 hrs before use, this will remove the chlorine in the water

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Re: How growkits are grown [Re: shamantra]
    #2774994 - 06/08/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Prob is, to remove the chlorine the bottle needs to be open to air, so the chlorine can evaporate, and we all know how dirty most air is.

Bottled spring water is cheap clean and easy to source, so thats
what i use throughout. I've even stoped using dh2o as it has no o2 in it.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2777128 - 06/09/04 05:44 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'll be using natural water from a river by my house...

but how do you sterilize the container Loki? I'm thinking about a see through "soft plastic" lunch box like container, you know what I mean? How long would I need to pc that, or how long should I not pc it, maybe double or triple pc'ing would do the trick for short periods of time each time (so it can cool down and not melt.

That growkit tek sounds perfect since your getting a large flat surface of growing mushrooms opposed to a jar for example. The cops found out about my growing mushrooms and confiscated the kits... they let me see how the mushrooms had grown since the confiscation and DAMN did they grow, I'm convinced to go for that tek instead of doing jars.

--------------------

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

#2777135 - 06/09/04 05:47 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

you need to learn how to case the jars :smile: look up casing on the cultivation faq

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2777256 - 06/09/04 07:46 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I know how to case jars... but the surface area of a jar wether open on all sides or just open on top ("newbie style") does not appeal as much to me as something like this:

I just need to know how long sterilize keeping in mind the material of the container. And the effectiveness of such a sterilization, for a jar is much easier to sterilize seeing as how you can pc it for enough time for full effect without breaking the glass, but plastic melts easily. And I guess to innoculate something like that speaks for itself: when sterilized and cooled inject through casing layer into substrate against the edge of container... right?

--------------------

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

#2777263 - 06/09/04 07:53 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i think you have the idea what a casing is wrong. , basicly you lay a bottom layer, crunch ure cakes on the next layer and a top layer to make a good surface (alot bigger than that plastic thing) where mushies will grow all over :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

#2777272 - 06/09/04 07:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

#2780012 - 06/10/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

***but how do you sterilize the container loki? I'm thinking about a see through "soft plastic" lunch box like container,***

Like i said, i pressure cook them, some plastics hold up well, microwaverbal
food containers for one.

Invisiblejonneill
Hero
    #2780049 - 06/10/04 01:30 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

shamantra, you mentioned chlorine in tap water. From everything else I've read/heard on the subject tap water is fine for dunking, especially in areas where the drinking water is of good quality -- I live in Tyler, and the water here is world-renowned for its quality.

Question is: does chlorine re ally have an effect?

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2780180 - 06/10/04 03:25 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Loki said:
***but how do you sterilize the container loki? I'm thinking about a see through "soft plastic" lunch box like container,***

Like i said, i pressure cook them, some plastics hold up well, microwaverbal
food containers for one.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: How growkits are grown [Re: jonneill]
    #2780239 - 06/10/04 04:42 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not sure about in your area, but in alot of major cities they not only put chlorine in water, But also add flourides and the such.....Just thought id throw that out their.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate