Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
DEA is catching on to Entheogenic plant use....
    #2780206 - 06/10/04 03:55 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sure many of you have already come to senses with the obvious, but I just thought some of you would like to read through this DEA report, which touches on Peruvian Torch, Yopo, Datura, and others.

www usdoj gov
/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0404/mg0404.html

DEA Microgram repor

[edit: DONT link to the USDOJ website, or any government website for that matter.]

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: DEA is catching on to Entheogenic plant use.... [Re: mycoguy]
    #2780271 - 06/10/04 05:10 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

LOLz! very cool!

FH

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2780384 - 06/10/04 06:14 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The bastards.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Invisibletrade_om
An Old Omelette

Re: DEA is catching on to Entheogenic plant use.... [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2780436 - 06/10/04 06:59 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

are these plants illegal to posses in the U.S.?

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: DEA is catching on to Entheogenic plant use.... [Re: trade_om]
    #2780470 - 06/10/04 07:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

They contain chemicals which are illegal to possess, so yeah. It's bullshit.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2780472 - 06/10/04 07:15 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The DEA is not qualified to identify such specimines, and have become so widely used, you can go anywhere in the world and find any of those plants. I wouldnt be too worried, just get your garden going.

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
    #2783966 - 06/11/04 05:41 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

its just fact that they know what's going on.
after reading the reports, you will see that many of the ethno plants that they report about are not repeated findings, but first-time findings.

Since it's their first time seeing many of these plants, they'll probably be safe for some time. But if they start seeing increases in usage, then the chances of them doing something about it will also increase.

Most of the plants are 100% legal to posess
mckennafan....I don't thin it's so much the idea that they contain illegal chemicals (DMT isn't illegal to possess in the US).

The chemicals in many of these plants become illegal only when used for ingestion/intoxication.

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2783976 - 06/11/04 05:49 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I want one of those candy bars :laugh:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: DEA is catching on to Entheogenic plant use.... [Re: Locus]
    #2784272 - 06/11/04 09:01 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

lol... who doesn't.

I wouldn't worry to much guys.. Because they may outlaw a few of our plants, but us researchers are bound to find more magnificant allies to work with.. We are uncovering several as we speak (i have a huge list actually) but shanin and wild cucumber are just a few.

Always one step ahead of those idiot , life ruining, cronie drone, DEA fuckers (burn in hell guys).

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2784421 - 06/11/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

DMT is a schedule 1 drug. I don't know how it would be legal to possess.

--------------------

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2784434 - 06/11/04 10:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I doubt that we are going to see a Yopo or a Datura/Brugmusa epidemic. Besides trying to eradicate Datura would be just as if not more futile than poppies. I don't live in the southwest, but I hear use of San Pedro is a pretty common thing so I think that might be in the same boat. I feel worse about knowing that the acid lab in Washington state got busted.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: DEA is catching on to Entheogenic plant use.... [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2784439 - 06/11/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I just find it incredibly funny that the DEA is seizing datura and other entheogens....the ignorance is astounding.

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#2784711 - 06/11/04 11:53 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

likewise...... I love how they try to play God by attempting to outlaw nature.. the inquisition is not yet over I suppose... Demonizing plants and such.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: DEA is catching on to Entheogenic plant use.... [Re: Aneglakya]
    #2784975 - 06/11/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

mckennafan200 said it all!

inquisition?
it is a dictatorship disguised in a democracy suit.
adolf hitler becomes a joke compared to...

FH

Edited by felixhigh (06/11/04 01:17 PM)

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: DEA is catching on to Entheogenic plant use.... [Re: felixhigh]
    #2786788 - 06/12/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Don't worry, they'll make it illegal to consume lawn grass soon if it'll get you high. The only reason that they haven't busted the entheobotanical movement yet is because they don't want people to know about it. As soon as they deem it "illegal" everyone wants to try it, and they have to publish more articles about the dangers of plants, their health consequences, their addictiveness, etc... in the media to demonize these so called "drugs".

Believe me, the only reason all these plants aren't illegal yet is because they're finding it harder and harder to keep justifying making everything illegal, and they're running out of resources to do anything about it. What it is all going to boil down to is just busting the big pushers like the coke and heroin dealers to make their money, and bust anyone they happen to stumble across by chance that has something that is "illegal". This is why drug testing and detection technology is becoming such an issue, it tries to make them more lucky. Our hope is to keep trying to change people's minds and help them see the truth. But the DEA is very effective, and a majority of people believe their lies, or at least are so scared of the consequences to form any different opinion.

Drugs seem to have always been supressed out of irrationality, whether to support other drug manufacturers, or because of fear and the negative consequences. Our best bet is to stock up now and preserve these tools and fight our hardest to change views, because the current one's aren't working. We are not unlike the Indians of the Americas who were punished for using drugs after the arrival of the Spaniards. We know that the demons that were said to be puported by the Spaniards were not real and were only their own personal demons. The problem is, can we help others see past theirs and become more accepting of what is right?

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2791851 - 06/14/04 09:07 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The DEA can suck my dick, I dont give a fuck what they say or do anymore, in all reality they barely have an effect on our actions no matter how much money or power they have. For the most part as long as your careful they cant do anything and the only way they will ever be able to is when there power and money hugely out weights the freedom and supposed cost-benefits to society, and at that time that will be there downfall.

This was a new and instant realization on my part and I like it :evil:

Offlinepeptorepto
lover of living things
I'm a teapot

Loc: Mushroom Kingdom
Re: DEA is catching on to Entheogenic plant use.... [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #23894229 - 12/04/16 03:22 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mr_minds_eye said:
I doubt that we are going to see a Yopo or a Datura/Brugmusa epidemic. Besides trying to eradicate Datura would be just as if not more futile than poppies. I don't live in the southwest, but I hear use of San Pedro is a pretty common thing so I think that might be in the same boat. I feel worse about knowing that the acid lab in Washington state got busted.

You are correct that San Pedro is common here in the southwest, grows on everybody's block!

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: DEA is catching on to Entheogenic plant use.... [Re: peptorepto]
    #23894237 - 12/04/16 03:24 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Edit; Just realized you bumped a 12 year old thread.
:oldthread:

Edited by nooneman (12/04/16 03:25 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order