Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerhododendron
Stranger
Are these truffles moldy or safe to eat?
    #27792546 - 05/25/22 06:05 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Bought these truffles from a headshop in Amsterdam and opened the seal a few days ago to separate the box into different doses and they’ve been in the fridge since. They appear to have grown a bit of mold. Are they still safe to eat?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleElf_on_a_Log
Elf

Loc: On a log
Re: Are these truffles moldy or safe to eat? [Re: rhododendron]
    #27792823 - 05/25/22 09:46 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Generally if you put fresh truffles in a fridge they'll grow white fuzzy mycellium on them.  Those look like they're beginning to rot.  It could be how you're storing them.  They need to breathe.  Storing them in a paper bag is the best option.  In a plastic tub like they're in they're going to be evaporating moisture that builds up around them and invites rot.  I'd try slicing one in half with a knife and seeing if it looks good on the inside.  I can't say with certainty but I doubt they would make you sick if you ate them.  It would likely be about like eating aborted mushrooms.  If you cut into them and they're all mushy on the inside I recommend giving them up as a learning experience and just buying some more.  Good luck!

--------------------
"I was strolling through the woods one day when I came upon an elf sitting on a log.  He offered me a strange-looking mushroom to eat.  As soon as I ate it, I realized that I was the elf on the log and that my human life had been but a dream."
- Elf_on_a_Log

LAGM 2.022 Grow Log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies