Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Mystery remains after mushroom hunter stumbles upon body near Oregon highway
    #27792263 - 05/25/22 12:00 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Mystery remains after mushroom hunter stumbles upon body near Oregon highway
May 24, 2022 - BND News

A mushroom hunter was scouring the area and stumbled upon a body, Oregon deputies said.

The person was searching for mushrooms Saturday, May 21, when they discovered a body, the Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office said. The man’s body was found near Highway 242 in Oregon.

“Deputies arrived on scene and began conducting a death investigation,” the sheriff’s office said in a May 23 news release. “The investigation found no evidence of foul play.”

The body has not been identified, deputies said. Investigators did not publicly say if they know how the body got there.

“Family notifications will be made after his identity is confirmed,” deputies said.

At least three other mushroom hunters have found human remains this spring, McClatchy News reported.

Earlier in May, a group of mushroom hunters in Missouri “stumbled across an old hand dug well full of water” and wanted to know how deep the well was. They grabbed a stick to check its depth and discovered a human body, McClatchy News reported.

The body was later identified as 60-year-old Kevin Bruce Rogers, who was known to live in Springfield, about 45 miles southwest of where his body was found.

In Iowa, a mushroom hunter discovered a woman’s body off the road. Her body was believed to be there “for some time,” police told McClatchy News.

In April, a mushroom hunter in Indiana discovered a boy’s body “near a roadway in a heavily wooded area.”

Many mushroom hunters start their searches from late March into early May, according to McClatchy News. Morel mushrooms are likely to pop up when temperatures during the day are in the low 70s. Morels are a wild, edible mushroom that are known to be delicious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleveggieM

Re: Mystery remains after mushroom hunter stumbles upon body near Oregon highway [Re: veggie]
    #27792265 - 05/25/22 12:01 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

This seems to be fairly common, mushroom hunting and dead bodies. I'm suprised there are not businesses that combine the two, such as ...

St. Anthony's Foraging Service
'Finding carpophores and corpses since 1988'

:wink:

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Mystery remains after mushroom hunter stumbles upon body near Oregon highway [Re: veggie] * 1
    #27792430 - 05/25/22 02:24 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

guy who injected a spore syringe + human composting

Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: SCranton
Re: Mystery remains after mushroom hunter stumbles upon body near Oregon highway [Re: veggie]
    #27792585 - 05/25/22 04:35 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
This seems to be fairly common, mushroom hunting and dead bodies. I'm suprised there are not businesses that combine the two, such as ...

St. Anthony's Foraging Service
'Finding carpophores and corpses since 1988'

:wink:

Lul "specializing in morels and mortician prep"

--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom