Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGlimmung
Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2824863 - 06/24/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

In natural environment Amanita Muscaria usually grows in neighborhood of birch. Frankly, I haven't seen any Amanitas without birchs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: CptnGarden]
    #2824915 - 06/24/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i am not familiar with the rig veda, but it is only a matter of time :smile:

shroomieofdoomie:  im fairly posative that iamshamen and other places actually go out and harvest theres from the wild.  actually i know that thats what they do.

but, in leu of what this person is trying to do here, and what i might do in the near future and what everybody is going to start doing it seems like (refering to making amanita mycrhizzae patches)  its just a matter of time before a vendor just has a big lot filled with birtch and pine popping up amanitas

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: HoodedForestDwellr]
    #2825021 - 06/24/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ok well i wasnt sure i read of amanita production like that and wondered if thats how shaman did it, thanks for correcting me casil.

OfflineHoodedForestDwellr
Terrorist/Musician

Loc: North West US
Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: CptnGarden]
    #2825071 - 06/24/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

This is interesting...I wonder if they'll find a way: http://www.visionaryplants.com/amanita_mushroom_kits_spore_prints.htm

--------------------

--- "As your attorny I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine." - Dr. Gonzo

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#2825110 - 06/24/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

shroomieofdoomie, no problem, just sayin.

hooded: i am skeptical... but that would be cool if they did.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

Offlineberto23
Stranger
Loc: NJ
Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: Todcasil]
    #2828090 - 06/25/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
it was powder? was it mostly caps or stems, because its all in the caps... that red flim is the the good.

not true... amanita pantherina is supposed to be twice as potent and is a white top

--------------------
the shnozzberrys taste like shnozzberrys

OfflineHoodedForestDwellr
Terrorist/Musician

Loc: North West US
Re: Amanita Muscaria Cultivation [Re: berto23]
    #2828435 - 06/25/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The most 'potent' part of the Amanita muscaria is right under the outer red skin layer of the cap...at least on average thats where the active shit is most concentrated. Haven't tried any pantherians' yet.

--------------------

--- "As your attorny I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine." - Dr. Gonzo

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#2828704 - 06/25/04 05:08 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

when i say the red flim, i was refering to the caps in general. "because its all in the caps" generally means because its all in the caps, regardless of color or species.

understanding

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: HoodedForestDwellr]
    #2848156 - 07/01/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Here's how to cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium, courtesy of Donald E. Teeter, the author of The Sacred Secret: The Return of the Christ, available at amazon.com. (He describes the method in another booklet, out of print, titled "Recreating the Grail", if I recall. Donald knows as much about Amanita as anyone in the world, including James Arthur, Hawk and Venus (author of Soma Shamans), R. Gordon Wasson, and Allegro -- because Teeter knows that "Soma is the Spirit of God."

Anyways:
Materials needed --
1. 1 oz of dried amanita caps
2. 2 terra cotta pots 6" high -- UNGLAZED
3. wax (melt to seal the holes in the bottom of the pots)
4. 2 rubber bands
5. Clean cloth to cover the top of the pots
6. 1 quart pasteurized Grape Juice
7. Coffee Grinder -- optional.

Procedure --
1. Melt the wax, seal the bottom of the pots. These are Holy Grail Cups.
2. Grind up the Amanita Muscaria Caps, or cut them in small pieces.
3. Place the shrooms in Grape Juice (be sure to use pasteurized grape juice), diluted to half strength.
4. Put the shroom, juice mixture in the Grails.
5. Cover with cloth and leave for 4 to 8 hours in a warm area with some air circulation. Use the rubberbands to hold the cloth over the top of the grails.
6. Pour the juice out (keep it and drink it if you want, it is active.)
7. Gently pack the moist shroom chunks/powder around the edges of the terra cotta pots. Cover the pots with clean cloth covers held on with rubber bands.
8. In a several days to two weeks (more quickly for powdered shrooms), the mycelium will be growing all over the inside of the Grails.
9. According to Teeter, this process can be continued for many years, simply by feeding the mycelium, letting it dry, and drinking the juice... a perpetual supply of Soma.

When I tried this, I ended up with two Grail Cups lined with a considerable amount of Amanita Muscaria Mycelium, which did resurrect when I fed it. However, I don't think I used enough shrooms to start (I only used a half ounce). Then my wife tossed them out when she was cleaning the garage (grin). I've heard from folks who've done it with two ounces to start, and at least an ounce is probably a better bet. Obviously this doesn't produce the fruiting bodies -- but I bet the procedure could be adapted, if someone figured out what triggers the mycelium to put forth fruit.

Well -- that's my contribution for what it's worth. Obviously, use amanita at your own risk. I, personally, believe that Amanita Muscaria is God's gift to human beings because I have heard the Word of God, literally, after consuming the Soma. One last tip, from Teeter -- don't drink carbonated beverages before or after consuming Soma, it will increase the likeliehood of getting sick (his book explains why, and I have experienced first hand what he refers to.) And, a final, final tip: when your hands get to trembling you might want to have some manganese (not magnesium) on hand (that's a tip from Hawk and Venus). But for me, when my hands start to tremple and twitch, that's when I know that the Spirit of at hand...

Peace, from Eureka, California

Offlinebambino404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #17128206 - 10/29/12 11:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BobHumboldt said:
Here's how to cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium, courtesy of Donald E. Teeter, the author of The Sacred Secret: The Return of the Christ, available at amazon.com.  (He describes the method in another booklet, out of print, titled "Recreating the Grail", if I recall.  Donald knows as much about Amanita as anyone in the world, including James Arthur, Hawk and Venus (author of Soma Shamans), R. Gordon Wasson, and Allegro -- because Teeter knows that "Soma is the Spirit of God."

Anyways:
Materials needed --
4. 2 rubber bands

Procedure --
1. Melt the wax, seal the bottom of the pots.  These are Holy Grail Cups.
3. Place the shrooms in Grape Juice (be sure to use pasteurized grape juice), diluted to half strength.
5. Cover with cloth and leave for 4  to 8 hours in a warm area with some air circulation.  Use the rubberbands to hold the cloth over the top of the grails.
7. Gently pack the moist shroom chunks/powder around the edges of the terra cotta pots.  Cover the pots with clean cloth covers held on with rubber bands.
8. In a several days to two weeks (more quickly for powdered shrooms), the mycelium will be growing all over the inside of the Grails.
9.  According to Teeter, this process can be continued for many years, simply by feeding the mycelium, letting it dry, and drinking the juice... a perpetual supply of Soma.

When I tried this, I ended up with two Grail Cups lined with a considerable amount of Amanita Muscaria Mycelium, which did resurrect when I fed it.  However, I don't think I used enough shrooms to start (I only used a half ounce).  Then my wife tossed them out when she was cleaning the garage (grin).  I've heard from folks who've done it with two ounces to start, and at least an ounce is probably a better bet.  Obviously this doesn't produce the fruiting bodies -- but I bet the procedure could be adapted, if someone figured out what triggers the mycelium to put forth fruit.

Well -- that's my contribution for what it's worth.  Obviously, use amanita at your own risk.  I, personally, believe that Amanita Muscaria is God's gift to human beings because I have heard the Word of God, literally, after consuming the Soma.  One last tip, from Teeter -- don't drink carbonated beverages before or after consuming Soma, it will increase the likeliehood of getting sick (his book explains why, and I have experienced first hand what he refers to.)  And, a final, final tip: when your hands get to trembling you might want to have some manganese (not magnesium) on hand (that's a tip from Hawk and Venus).  But for me, when my hands start to tremple and twitch, that's when I know that the Spirit of at hand...

i understand this is kind of a huge bump..but i was wondering if anyone's tried this?

Offlinebambino404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: bambino404]
    #17134583 - 10/31/12 12:48 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I cant seem to find any hard evidence on this online except maybe from its source which seems to be a cult of sorts lol...so i did the only thing i could think of...i emailed paul stamets.

Offlinegreenthumz
Wild Picker
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA state, USA Flag
Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: bambino404]
    #22733708 - 01/03/16 09:32 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bambino404 said:
Quote:

BobHumboldt said:
Here's how to cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium, courtesy of Donald E. Teeter, the author of The Sacred Secret: The Return of the Christ, available at amazon.com.  (He describes the method in another booklet, out of print, titled "Recreating the Grail", if I recall.  Donald knows as much about Amanita as anyone in the world, including James Arthur, Hawk and Venus (author of Soma Shamans), R. Gordon Wasson, and Allegro -- because Teeter knows that "Soma is the Spirit of God."

Anyways:
Materials needed --
4. 2 rubber bands

Procedure --
1. Melt the wax, seal the bottom of the pots.  These are Holy Grail Cups.
5. Cover with cloth and leave for 4  to 8 hours in a warm area with some air circulation.  Use the rubberbands to hold the cloth over the top of the grails.
7. Gently pack the moist shroom chunks/powder around the edges of the terra cotta pots.  Cover the pots with clean cloth covers held on with rubber bands.
9.  According to Teeter, this process can be continued for many years, simply by feeding the mycelium, letting it dry, and drinking the juice... a perpetual supply of Soma.

When I tried this, I ended up with two Grail Cups lined with a considerable amount of Amanita Muscaria Mycelium, which did resurrect when I fed it.  However, I don't think I used enough shrooms to start (I only used a half ounce).  Then my wife tossed them out when she was cleaning the garage (grin).  I've heard from folks who've done it with two ounces to start, and at least an ounce is probably a better bet.  Obviously this doesn't produce the fruiting bodies -- but I bet the procedure could be adapted, if someone figured out what triggers the mycelium to put forth fruit.

Well -- that's my contribution for what it's worth.  Obviously, use amanita at your own risk.  I, personally, believe that Amanita Muscaria is God's gift to human beings because I have heard the Word of God, literally, after consuming the Soma.  One last tip, from Teeter -- don't drink carbonated beverages before or after consuming Soma, it will increase the likeliehood of getting sick (his book explains why, and I have experienced first hand what he refers to.)  And, a final, final tip: when your hands get to trembling you might want to have some manganese (not magnesium) on hand (that's a tip from Hawk and Venus).  But for me, when my hands start to tremple and twitch, that's when I know that the Spirit of at hand...

i understand this is kind of a huge bump..but i was wondering if anyone's tried this?

Well, I'm definitely going to try it. I have some dried wild picked amanitas, so why not try it? Interesting that theyre just drinking juice which absorbed the actives from the mycelium... but Im going to try to cultivate the mycelium culture (if I can successfully grow one) into mushrooms with a host tree. FMRC says that the mushroom mycelium needs a host tree to provide it with enough water and sugar to grow the massive fruitbodies. And it may take up to 5 years to get mushrooms at all. But they also say that the mycelium can be grown with conventional methods, it just wont fruit without its host tree. So im going to try a 2nd method: buy a spore print, make a sterile jar of honey liquid culture medium, inoculate it with the amanita spores. After I have mycelium in the LC, use it to inoculate grain (will try cardboard also, I think this mushroom will prefer wood... just a hunch). Then when I get a bulk spawn grown, I will mix it with pasteurized potting soil and plant some conifer and birch saplings in it. Then the mycelium can hook up with its host trees and voila! Mushrooms... hopefully... if all goes well. It doesnt sound like many people have tried this with any success, but I dont think its impossible. Theres always a way.

--------------------
Amanita muscaria  -  Gymnopilus luteifolius  -  Psilocybe azurescens

Psilocybe pelliculosa  -  Psilocybe stuntzii

OfflineNrsrchd
Stranger

Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #27746835 - 04/22/22 02:11 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I studied with Donald for many years. He is a legend and the ambrosia is divine indeed. Donald has since left us, but I am doing my best to carry on his work. Those that fear it have good reason, it is not for all. It carries a heavy burden to use it properly which is the other key to truly understand just what it has to offer those that chose to learn.  I have attached a pdf of his book. I have his personal copy that everyone signed at his memorial. RIP Don, we are carrying on your work.

Edited by Nrsrchd (04/22/22 02:12 PM)

OfflineHampton
Stranger

Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: Nrsrchd] * 1
    #27784506 - 05/19/22 03:42 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Amanita Muscaria on oats May 2.

MAY 19- Going to try a potted tree with a mix of pine shaving and needles, and grain spawn mixed with the top layer of potting soil down to the start of the roots sys. Topped with maybe cheese cloth for bulk substrate colonization.

Edited by Hampton (05/19/22 03:59 PM)

OfflineBobbins
Stranger
Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: Hampton]
    #27784528 - 05/19/22 03:55 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hampton said:

What do you plan to do with this spawn going forward?

--------------------
DeALeRsHrOoMs

OfflineHampton
Stranger

Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: Bobbins]
    #27784541 - 05/19/22 04:03 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bobbins said:
Quote:

Hampton said:

Amanita Muscaria in oats inoculated May 2.

Going to try a potted tree with a mix of pine shaving and needles, and grain spawn mixed with the top layer of potting soil down to the start of the roots sys. Topped with maybe cheese cloth for bulk substrate colonization.

Edited by Hampton (05/19/22 05:46 PM)

Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
Babnik
 User Gallery

Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: Bobbins]
    #27784544 - 05/19/22 04:04 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Do we have no knowledge of mycorhizza species response when you make a cake of them, and bury them cake in meaningful proximity to the root systems which they apparently so depend on?

Its clearly something which a lot of amateurs and mycologists would think of to see what happens. We know some species will take to the outdoors way better than we know how to treat them indoors,

and mycorhizza species are abundant, popular, well known

so why havent I read more about it on shroomery?

--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue

OfflineHampton
Stranger

Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #27784546 - 05/19/22 04:07 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hampton said:
Quote:

Bobbins said:
Quote:

Hampton said:

Going to try a potted tree with a mix of pine shaving and needles, and grain spawn mixed with the top layer of potting soil down to the start of the roots sys. Topped with maybe cheese cloth for bulk substrate colonization.

Any suggestions?

Invisiblefungusul
Fungus Kingdom

Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #27784558 - 05/19/22 04:19 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

:threadmonitor:

OfflineMrBlueshrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: down in a hole
Re: Instructions to Cultivate Amanita Muscaria Mycelium [Re: fungusul]
    #27784584 - 05/19/22 04:35 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

New mycorhizal relationships have a higher success rate the younger the tree is. I'm reaching way back into some dusty memory banks for this so I could be wrong. Might be something worth looking into though.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck