Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom, Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFiery
Other User Gallery

Pain Management- A study of Gout and Kratom Use and the Effectiveness of Non Narcotic Pain Management
    #27781090 - 05/17/22 06:26 AM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Hey everyone. This post is going to be about pain level, gout, and Kratom and other general information along these subject lines. Please feel free to share your experiences and lets do our part to spread good harm reduction information-( in this case the form of non narcotic pain management)

So here's how it all began.

Last night when I got off work I started to feel a gout attack in my left foot coming on... took a NSAID(Aspirin) and went to bed.... woke up about 5 hours later and couldn't go back to sleep because of the pain. Can barely walk .

Gout has to do with Uric Acid Crystals in the bloodstream and they get stuck between or in the joints most often of the large joint of the big toe and cause very heavy and sudden pain.

SO I wanted to know just how bad this pain is compared to let's say a kidney stone, because I've never had one of those ( knock on wood!) and sure enough .
Quote:

In 2019, around 36 percent of those suffering from gout in the U.S. believed a flare up from gout is more painful than kidney stones. Gout is a form of arthritis that causes severe and sudden pain.

I was always super afraid of kidney stones because everyone says they are sooo painful, but this gives me hope. I mean this HURTS LIKE HELL, but like I can get through it it's not nightmare scary like I imagined a kidney stone would be, but I guess it's in different areas of the body, so hard to compare.

The worst part is 50% of people with gout get it in the big joint of the big toe, which is highly inconvenient for walking lol( or DRIVING!- an thank goodness this time it's in my left foot. Last time I had this was in the right foot and not only could i Not walk, but I could barely drive)  I almost can't put any pressure at all on it or risk collapsing from pain, so I'm basically hobbling around barely able to move.  I've always had a pretty high tolerance to pain just because of the physical torture I've put myself through over the years, but yeah this is a bad one.

SO ! HERE'S WHERE THE KRATOM SCIENCE EXPERIMENT BEGINS!

I have some good Red Bali Kratom, and it's good for pain. Don't get me wrong, Kratom can have it's downside too with addiction and WD's.

But I think I'm gonna suffer the potential WD effects, because they will pale in comparison to this.  because I don't think I'm going to be able to function without it. I don't even know if it will work but I'm about to take some and see how it feels.  I can barely stand up

This will actually be a cool experiment on how effective Kratom is for pain management with gout without narcotics, because I've never had to use Kratom for a pain that was considered debilitating.

I  Will report back! About to drop the kratom if I can make it across the room LOL but would love to hear from you all any stories or experience you have! :heart::sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: Pain Management- A study of Gout and Kratom Use and the Effectiveness of Non Narcotic Pain Management [Re: Fiery] * 2
    #27781417 - 05/17/22 12:22 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

You're also treating the gout though right? Not just the pain it causes?

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Pain Management- A study of Gout and Kratom Use and the Effectiveness of Non Narcotic Pain Management [Re: Fiery]
    #27781443 - 05/17/22 12:51 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Dang fiery that sucks. Good luck I hope you feel better.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: C-137 Flag
Re: Pain Management- A study of Gout and Kratom Use and the Effectiveness of Non Narcotic Pain Management [Re: Fiery]
    #27781453 - 05/17/22 01:02 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

OMG Fuck gout.  When I was 90lbs heavier and a daily, heavy beer drinker (and meat eater) I would have flare-ups that lasted days if not a week.  That pain is insane.  It felt like someone cut open my big toe and ankle, spread tiny glass shards in the joints then sewed me back up.  Even the weight of a blanket was to much to bear.  And I'd still be hobbling over to the bodega to buy more beer.  It took me 20 min to walk 2 blocks once; I had to take breaks because of the pain.

I'm a much healthier person now and it went away; I haven't had a flare-up since 2018. 

Sorry if it's too personal, but are you a heavy beer drinker?  If so it might be time to start a lifestyle change.  Count those calories and cut out the beer.

InvisibleFiery
Other User Gallery

Re: Pain Management- A study of Gout and Kratom Use and the Effectiveness of Non Narcotic Pain Management [Re: Newbie]
    #27781501 - 05/17/22 01:49 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
You're also treating the gout though right? Not just the pain it causes?

Yes! Thanks

Quote:

sui said:
Dang fiery that sucks. Good luck I hope you feel better.

Thanks SUi!

Quote:

Newbie said:
OMG Fuck gout.  When I was 90lbs heavier and a daily, heavy beer drinker (and meat eater) I would have flare-ups that lasted days if not a week.  That pain is insane.  It felt like someone cut open my big toe and ankle, spread tiny glass shards in the joints then sewed me back up.  Even the weight of a blanket was to much to bear.

Sorry if it's too personal, but are you a heavy beer drinker?  If so it might be time to start a lifestyle change.  Count those calories and cut out the beer.

Wow yes! That describes it perfect with the glass shards. Also, I quit drinking beer or any alcohol a while ago..

So I ended up going to see the doctor and the doctor said it could be a combination of high (something or other) foods. Glad I am aware now though to keep a list of those foods and not overdo them!

The only thing on the list I'd had was some ground beef( red meat) nothing else. But she also said it could be genetic or due to me being slightly overweight .. SO yeah.

Either way... update on the Kratom: It took the edge off thank goodness but I still can't walk on it. I can hobble around though.

LOL at your story taking 20 minutes to hobble 2 blocks. Sounds like me today lol I looked so funny hobbling along.

OfflineAsanteA
shroomery admin team
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
    #27781541 - 05/17/22 02:31 PM (1 month, 8 days ago)

Very sorry to hear of your hardship. In my pain, for as far as I can take the substance, Naproxen (a NSAID) was more pain relieving than fentanyl patches.

My heart doesnt allow me to take aspirin type drugs like a normal human being, but even 100mg Naproxen provides clear relief for ulcers and inflammation.

There are gout specific medical diets, look into that and try to adjust your lifestyle to try hold off or revert your symptoms.

Here is a good brief overview:

https://www.rheumatologycarehouston.com/gout-diet-7-foods-to-eat-7-foods-to-avoid/

Since Vit C may help getting rid of uric acid, which would make sense, you might want to get on it. 1gr vit c tabs can be inexpensive, its a $30/kg substance. I use one with breakfast and one with dinner, but thats up to you.

--------------------
YE OLDE CLICK-O-RAMA FEST :fairy: ASANTE'S PREPAREDNESS 101
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLION    SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  TREES
OMNICALCULATOR :mushroom: CULTIVATE!! :mushroom: DISCORD :mushroom: REDDIT :mushroom: FACEBOOK

please help the teachings of  The Omnicyclion  reach a wider audience
thank you for volunteering your efforts towards this mind (r)evolution

PAXG: 0x52e54ca2780894ea3f839ca0904be2c319c813e9 what's paxg?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom, Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Red Vein Kratom