Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleMelliferous
🌵🍄🌵🍄🌵
 Unread Journal

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: whenmistweeps]
    #27776142 - 05/13/22 09:24 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

whenmistweeps said:
Quote:

Soloist said:
This will be my first psychedelic experience.
Think 9 inches or so of a maybe 2 inch thick bridgesii is enough to get me there? I don’t expect easy but I don’t want to be completely overwhelmed…
I’m contemplating eating the cactus raw.

eating cactus raw is near impossible if you are looking for an authentic experience. you will get more alkaloids if you extract the whole thing, including the core, this will add depth to the experience, and I think if you do it right, 9 inches will be perfect for your first time. remember, mescaline is just one thing in bridge, you have some naturally occuring monoamine oxidase inhibitors and other things that most likely potentiate the experience in one or more ways:

3,4-dimethoxyphenylethylamine
Tyramine
3-methoxytyramine
etc.

By extract you mean make a tea?

--------------------

"No, I don't worry. I tell you, I am a man who believed that I died 20 years ago, and I live like a man who is dead already. I have no fear, whatsoever, of anybody or anything."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhenmistweeps

Loc: underground temple lab
Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: Melliferous]
    #27776187 - 05/13/22 10:05 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Melliferous said:
Quote:

whenmistweeps said:
Quote:

Soloist said:
Think 9 inches or so of a maybe 2 inch thick bridgesii is enough to get me there? I don’t expect easy but I don’t want to be completely overwhelmed…

eating cactus raw is near impossible if you are looking for an authentic experience. you will get more alkaloids if you extract the whole thing, including the core, this will add depth to the experience, and I think if you do it right, 9 inches will be perfect for your first time. remember, mescaline is just one thing in bridge, you have some naturally occuring monoamine oxidase inhibitors and other things that most likely potentiate the experience in one or more ways:

Tyramine
3-methoxytyramine
etc.

By extract you mean make a tea?

i did a full spectrum extract and evaporated all the water off in a crock pot, then dosed that.

--------------------
When I think of all the worries that people seem to find
And how they're in a hurry to complicate their minds
By chasing after money and dreams that can't come true
I'm glad that we are different we've better things to do
May others plan their future I'm busy loving you
"I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth"
How many corners does a sphere have?
"Love does not gloat over other people's sins but takes its delight in the truth"

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: Soloist] * 3
    #27777001 - 05/14/22 02:23 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Soloist said:
Nice cuts.

I’m going to purchase I think two cuttings this week, one to root one to consume.

Eating the cactus works just fine.  Its actually the most efficient way to consume cactus because none of the actives are wasted from incomplete extraction or degradation by heat.

Its easy to do.  Just pull the spines out with pliers.  Then peel the clear skin off of the cutting.  This is the most tedious part.  It takes awhile, and you have to be careful not to pull the dark green flesh off along with the clear skin.  You may find it easier to cut the cactus into chunks before attempting to peel it.

The peeled cactus that you now have will consist of 3 parts: the dark green flesh, the white flesh, and the core.  Its up to you if you want to just eat the dark green flesh or if you want to eat all 3 parts together.  The dark green flesh has the highest concentration of active alkaloids.  The easiest thing to do is to just eat the dark green flesh.  But the white flesh and core also contain some active alkaloids.  You will get the most from the cutting by eating it all.  But its up to you.  With a two inch thick cutting it shouldn't be too bad to eat it all, but it just depends on how strong your stomach is.

Get a bunch of limes or oranges or other citrus fruit and cut them up into wedges.  You are going to want to suck on those wedges to clear the cactus taste out of your mouth in between mouthfuls of cactus.

Its not the most fun way to consume the cactus.  But it works and it is very simple.  It works best with a smaller amount of cactus, like what you have.

I don't think a 9" x 2" cutting of Bridgesii will be overwhelming by any means.  But with cactus you just never know.  Pay a lot of attention to set and setting.  Tripping puts you in a state of mind that is like nothing else.  Nothing can fully prepare you for it.  Be safe.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Offlinegolmo
Male

Loc: Canaan
Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: Grey Fox]
    #27777337 - 05/14/22 08:15 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

grey fox, i am looking for some scientific/medical knowledge about eating the cactus itself regarding the calcium oxalates within the cactus.
i know they contain a lot, and i know oxalates are harmful in high amounts (most of kidney stones are made of calcium oxalates).

2 things i need to know:

1.what form of it is in the cactus? (just calcium/just oxalates/or calcium oxalate)

2.if this form is harmful by eating.(not all of the forms are harmful by eating directly and i am not sure which).

so far i dont eat the cactus only because of that

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

#27777367 - 05/14/22 08:54 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

whenmistweeps said:
Quote:

Soloist said:

Tyramine
3-methoxytyramine
etc.

I agree about bridgesii being unique due to these other MAOIs. I can feel bridgesii really soon after I take it whereas mescaline HCL always has a very long lag time.

But I disagree that you'd need to have 9 inches for an authentic experience. I think a few inches can be OK. I've posted a trip report of just chewing down on a few inches of cactus. I like doing that as you actually feel something right away even if you never trip - there's an immediate recognition.

Personally the way I go about any new psych is testing first very low doses to see what it's all about before jumping in.

But that's just my personal style and others do it different.

And the great thing about low dosing cactus is you can always take more. But you can't take less. So someone can take a low dose in a morning let's say, chewing on some of the cactus. But then they feel they are liking the mindset and wanting to go further - chew more. Or if they are already overwhelmed they can leave the rest aside. It is also recommended to divine tea up in two, this works well with mescaline's very long duration of effect.

You never know what's quite going to happen with these alkaloids, so IMO the better safe than sorry approach is to start low and go slow. I would recommend a high dose at first only if the person is either personally dedicated or getting help from a shaman. But if a person was uncertain, I'd recommend they try a low dose first. It could be a low dose in a tea too - one can take a few inches of the cactus and do a short cook and drink a tea that captures most but not everything. And that'd still be a good way to get introduced to it.

Edited by CreonAntigone (05/14/22 08:55 PM)

InvisibleCreonAntigone
Stranger

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: CreonAntigone]
    #27777381 - 05/14/22 09:05 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CreonAntigone said:
But if a person was uncertain, I'd recommend they try a low dose first. It could be a low dose in a tea too - one can take a few inches of the cactus and do a short cook and drink a tea that captures most but not everything. And that'd still be a good way to get introduced to it.

I guess I should revise this slightly and say: a 9-inch bridgesii experience would be very very effective psychologically, but I'm worried it wouldn't be the most helpful first psych experience. If someone doesn't know what to expect it might be too much.

A low dose bridgesii would still be fine as it still produces a very euphoric and pleasant mindset shift at the low doses. It just won't let you explore anything too mystic. Even at low doses though, even at a few inches, I was feeling closer to life.

A high dose bridgesii experience is extremely powerful and effective, it is like wielding a surgeon's knife in the soul. If one is ready they should go to it, but one should sample if they're unsure.

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: golmo] * 1
    #27778130 - 05/15/22 11:26 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

golmo said:
grey fox, i am looking for some scientific/medical knowledge about eating the cactus itself regarding the calcium oxalates within the cactus.
i know they contain a lot, and i know oxalates are harmful in high amounts (most of kidney stones are made of calcium oxalates).

2 things i need to know:

1.what form of it is in the cactus? (just calcium/just oxalates/or calcium oxalate)

2.if this form is harmful by eating.(not all of the forms are harmful by eating directly and i am not sure which).

Hi Golmo.  I don't have special medical or scientific info about that.  I'm not a scientist or researcher.  I've heard people mention that calcium oxalate is found in the cactus.  But I have no knowledge about how harmful it might be to consume.  Its never been something that has discouraged me from consuming the cactus, as there is such an ancient history of the practice.  I'm also not sure whether or not calcium oxalate would make its way into the tea.

But just a brief search on the topic brought me to the kidney.org website.  It says this about calcium oxalate and kidney stones:

"Should I cut out all foods that have oxalate or calcium?

No, this is a common mistake. Some people think that cutting out all foods that have oxalate — or all foods with calcium — will keep stones from forming. However, this approach is not healthy. It can lead to poor nutrition and can cause other health problems. A better plan? Eat and drink calcium and oxalate-rich foods together during a meal. Doing this helps oxalate and calcium “bind” to one another in the stomach and intestines before reaching the kidneys, making it less likely for kidney stones to form in the urine."

Here is the link:
https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/calcium-oxalate-stone

They actually suggest to consume calcium along with foods that are high in oxalates so that the oxalates and calcium can bind together in the stomach, which would PREVENT the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidneys.  This leads me to believe that the already binded calcium oxalate in cactus does not pose a risk for creating kidney stones.

But I am no expert.  And I would encourage you to do some research on your own.  I would be interested to hear what you discover.  The DMT Nexus might be a good place to search for more info.

And when it comes to kidney health, water is your friend.  Always staying well hydrated goes a long way to prevent problems with the kidneys.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisibleMelliferous
🌵🍄🌵🍄🌵
 Unread Journal

#27778148 - 05/15/22 11:37 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
Quote:

golmo said:

2 things i need to know:

Hi Golmo.  I don't have special medical or scientific info about that.  I'm not a scientist or researcher.  I've heard people mention that calcium oxalate is found in the cactus.  But I have no knowledge about how harmful it might be to consume.  Its never been something that has discouraged me from consuming the cactus, as there is such an ancient history of the practice.  I'm also not sure whether or not calcium oxalate would make its way into the tea.

But just a brief search on the topic brought me to the kidney.org website.  It says this about calcium oxalate and kidney stones:

No, this is a common mistake. Some people think that cutting out all foods that have oxalate — or all foods with calcium — will keep stones from forming. However, this approach is not healthy. It can lead to poor nutrition and can cause other health problems. A better plan? Eat and drink calcium and oxalate-rich foods together during a meal. Doing this helps oxalate and calcium “bind” to one another in the stomach and intestines before reaching the kidneys, making it less likely for kidney stones to form in the urine."

Here is the link:

They actually suggest to consume calcium along with foods that are high in oxalates so that the oxalates and calcium can bind together in the stomach, which would PREVENT the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidneys.  This leads me to believe that the already binded calcium oxalate in cactus does not pose a risk for creating kidney stones.

But I am no expert.  And I would encourage you to do some research on your own.  I would be interested to hear what you discover.  The DMT Nexus might be a good place to search for more info.

And when it comes to kidney health, water is your friend.  Always staying well hydrated goes a long way to prevent problems with the kidneys.

Also consider that a healthy microbiome is full of oxalate-degrading bacteria and other beneficial micro-organisms. Also calcium can only fall out of solution in an environment in which boron, silicon, and magnesium are out of balance with calcium. Magnesium specifically keeps calcium dissolved in a fluid solution.

--------------------

"No, I don't worry. I tell you, I am a man who believed that I died 20 years ago, and I live like a man who is dead already. I have no fear, whatsoever, of anybody or anything."

Offlinewhenmistweeps

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: Melliferous]
    #27779092 - 05/15/22 07:23 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Snapped this one thinking about achuma

--------------------
"Love does not gloat over other people's sins but takes its delight in the truth"

Offlinewhenmistweeps

#27779116 - 05/15/22 07:31 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineSoloist
Indigenous Human

Loc: Suburban hell
    #27779269 - 05/15/22 08:38 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

whenmistweeps said:

Tyramine
3-methoxytyramine
etc.

I feel like I could physically consume plant material of that size. I have a pretty good ability to eat things I don’t necessarily care for.
Wouldn’t just eating the cactus be the most effective way to get more alkaloids? Nothing would be degraded by heat. True full spectrum.
Eating the whole piece would be my intent, core and all.
I’m not so worried about purging it either. Matter of fact, with all I’ve read about cactus journeys, and my own personal experience with entheogenic purging, I’m kinda looking forward to it.

Quote:

Grey Fox said:

Eating the cactus works just fine.  Its actually the most efficient way to consume cactus because none of the actives are wasted from incomplete extraction or degradation by heat.

Its easy to do.  Just pull the spines out with pliers.  Then peel the clear skin off of the cutting.  This is the most tedious part.  It takes awhile, and you have to be careful not to pull the dark green flesh off along with the clear skin.  You may find it easier to cut the cactus into chunks before attempting to peel it.

The peeled cactus that you now have will consist of 3 parts: the dark green flesh, the white flesh, and the core.  Its up to you if you want to just eat the dark green flesh or if you want to eat all 3 parts together.  The dark green flesh has the highest concentration of active alkaloids.  The easiest thing to do is to just eat the dark green flesh.  But the white flesh and core also contain some active alkaloids.  You will get the most from the cutting by eating it all.  But its up to you.  With a two inch thick cutting it shouldn't be too bad to eat it all, but it just depends on how strong your stomach is.

Get a bunch of limes or oranges or other citrus fruit and cut them up into wedges.  You are going to want to suck on those wedges to clear the cactus taste out of your mouth in between mouthfuls of cactus.

Its not the most fun way to consume the cactus.  But it works and it is very simple.  It works best with a smaller amount of cactus, like what you have.

I don't think a 9" x 2" cutting of Bridgesii will be overwhelming by any means.  But with cactus you just never know.  Pay a lot of attention to set and setting.  Tripping puts you in a state of mind that is like nothing else.  Nothing can fully prepare you for it.  Be safe.

This is where I’m at as well regarding consumption.
Thank you for the tips on lemons/limes.
I feel like I’d like to have as much of a minimal preparation for my first go. Really get to know the plant. Especially being that if this path is for me, it will be a long relationship.

Set is okay, a few places to smooth over before I embark but overall good. I’ve been researching, healing as much as I can for years.
Setting is a bit different. That’s going to take some work.
I have no interest in being indoors. It would really damper my experience.
I need to find somewhere natural, safe, with zero chance of bumping into someone else.
Problem with that is that I live on an island (Long Island) that is jam packed with people.
Most parks are either people or tick infested.
There is always the beaches though.

How do you feel about water and cactus?
Should I steer clear?

Quote:

CreonAntigone said:

I agree about bridgesii being unique due to these other MAOIs. I can feel bridgesii really soon after I take it whereas mescaline HCL always has a very long lag time.

But I disagree that you'd need to have 9 inches for an authentic experience. I think a few inches can be OK. I've posted a trip report of just chewing down on a few inches of cactus. I like doing that as you actually feel something right away even if you never trip - there's an immediate recognition.

Personally the way I go about any new psych is testing first very low doses to see what it's all about before jumping in.

But that's just my personal style and others do it different.

And the great thing about low dosing cactus is you can always take more. But you can't take less. So someone can take a low dose in a morning let's say, chewing on some of the cactus. But then they feel they are liking the mindset and wanting to go further - chew more. Or if they are already overwhelmed they can leave the rest aside. It is also recommended to divine tea up in two, this works well with mescaline's very long duration of effect.

You never know what's quite going to happen with these alkaloids, so IMO the better safe than sorry approach is to start low and go slow. I would recommend a high dose at first only if the person is either personally dedicated or getting help from a shaman. But if a person was uncertain, I'd recommend they try a low dose first. It could be a low dose in a tea too - one can take a few inches of the cactus and do a short cook and drink a tea that captures most but not everything. And that'd still be a good way to get introduced to it.

Quote:

CreonAntigone said:

I guess I should revise this slightly and say: a 9-inch bridgesii experience would be very very effective psychologically, but I'm worried it wouldn't be the most helpful first psych experience. If someone doesn't know what to expect it might be too much.

A low dose bridgesii would still be fine as it still produces a very euphoric and pleasant mindset shift at the low doses. It just won't let you explore anything too mystic. Even at low doses though, even at a few inches, I was feeling closer to life.

A high dose bridgesii experience is extremely powerful and effective, it is like wielding a surgeon's knife in the soul. If one is ready they should go to it, but one should sample if they're unsure.

Sage advice.
I am definitely not going to jump in  Wrecklessly.
Overall, from all ihave read about cactus trips, I do feel that it just might be the plant medicine for me.
Gentle, forgiving, loving, earth centric.
I am an earth spirit through and through. 
I’ve read it very difficult to have a bad cactus experience.
I will say I am a bit, cautious about the duration, but in the end come whatever may.

I am looking into a vendor and hopefully will be able to purchase some larger cuttings. That way I could sample a bit and still have enough to go with a stronger trip.

What would you say is enough to test? 3 inches perhaps?

--------------------
Embrace your darkness,
For without it,
Your light can never
truly exist.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
                          The Earth And I
89g fresh Gymnopilus subspectibilis
Rapéh Crafters
Trade and wish list
🍄👀MO🍄👀
It’s time to ghost this place✌🏻

Offlinewhenmistweeps

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: Soloist]
    #27779294 - 05/15/22 08:48 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

if you got a steel stomach go for it, but i think if you do an extract and combo with weed/ginger you'll absorb more, I would see it kind of as a waste if I didn't have a strong stomach, that's just me

--------------------

Edited by whenmistweeps (05/15/22 08:49 PM)

Offlinegolmo
Male

#27779306 - 05/15/22 08:52 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
Quote:

golmo said:

2 things i need to know:

Here is the link:

ty for replying and for the info given.
and actually i was referring only to eating the cactus itself, not generaly consume it (as a tea).
they stay in the cactus flesh and dont go into the tea.
i had tea several times.
i guess it safe to eat the cactus itself if this is the case-if it contains calcium oxalate as is and not just oxalates. this way it goes right to stomach and out side through digestion and not into kidneys

InvisibleGenericHero
crap dangit this sucks!

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: golmo]
    #27779407 - 05/15/22 09:35 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Do you have kidney disease?

--------------------
halfass mycology

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: GenericHero] * 1
    #27779465 - 05/15/22 10:02 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisibleGenericHero
crap dangit this sucks!

#27779692 - 05/16/22 12:53 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

is mars?

--------------------
halfass mycology

Offlinegolmo
Male

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: GenericHero]
    #27779816 - 05/16/22 04:43 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

no, but i want to avoid harming them

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: GenericHero]
    #27780235 - 05/16/22 12:53 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GenericHero said:
is mars?

That was the blood moon from last night.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineSpicy
Symbiont

#27780310 - 05/16/22 01:53 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

You said you notice a difference when taking pure HCL vs pure bridge?
What else do you notice and what is your experience with the two? Anyone else notice this?

GreyFox just posted recent findings that suggest bridgesii contain only Mescaline but in higher amounts

--------------------
Everything has beauty, not everyone sees it.
Perfection is subjective!

OfflineSoloist
Indigenous Human

Loc: Suburban hell
Re: Bridgesii Thread [Re: Spicy]
    #27780671 - 05/16/22 06:46 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Sorry to be explicit here, but I need to ask a specific question in order to know as much as I can before undertaking a cactus journey..
I’ve had a few experiences eating a few to many opuntia fruits, which resulted in loose, slimy bowel movements.
Would eating the raw cactus(or any preparation really) have this affect as well?

--------------------
Embrace your darkness,
For without it,
Your light can never
truly exist.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
                          The Earth And I
89g fresh Gymnopilus subspectibilis
Rapéh Crafters
Trade and wish list
🍄👀MO🍄👀
It’s time to ghost this place✌🏻

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules