Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? * 2
    #27776611 - 05/14/22 08:08 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Looks like they're trying to appeal to people's self-importance by making it look like their life is going to be this. "You're gonna be such a badass AND You can keep being an anonymous troll, but now you can get paychecks from the government for doing it." Ads for the military shouldn't exist to begin with but definitely shouldn't look like movie trailers when they do

Whacky ass World

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #27776637 - 05/14/22 08:45 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I think they really missed the mark if that shit is supposed to get young people excited to go die in a foreign land for the army.  The military is necessary but every vet I know who has served in this last 20 years warns against it at every turn.

One of the more eye opening things told to me from my buddy, a USMC infantryman, is this: "For the most part, only the idiots stay in the military and they move up the ranks and they're your bosses.  Smart people realize they can make way more money outside so they leave and the military retains people who are too stupid or not driven to make it in the outside world."

Guy was a door kicker in Fallujah, thought he would be a career Marine and 100% drank the Kool aid until he had realizations that his bosses were college grads with no combat experience telling him how to get the job done/endangering them and what did they accomplish?  I'm pretty sure he said his platoon(?) lost more marines to suicide than combat and he looks back and nothing of value was accomplished.

Now he is a huge pacifist, funny how that works.  In high school he couldn't wait to go kill people now... Preaches to steer clear of the Corps. and how you only get one life

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: PreparationH]
    #27776649 - 05/14/22 08:54 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

The only job I'd want in the airforce is to be be in the nuclear silos in North Dakota and Iowa and shit.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #27776697 - 05/14/22 09:43 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

My father was a bomb technician in New York and regularly worked in the sub zero nuclear warehouses. Not to be confused with silos, these warehouses stocked bombs that would be delivered by plane.

He advises against it. He says the job was brutal and the pay was miniscule.

I don't imagine many services jobs are any fun.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #27776756 - 05/14/22 10:42 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
The only job I'd want in the airforce is to be be in the nuclear silos in North Dakota and Iowa and shit.

I wonder if they have drills like in War Games where they don't tell you its a drill and you have to push the button, that shit would fuck with my head. Otherwise its probably sitting around reading comic books all day,I fucking love jobs where you do nothing

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: viraldrome] * 1
    #27776759 - 05/14/22 10:44 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

viraldrome said:
Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:

I wonder if they have drills like in War Games where they don't tell you its a drill and you have to push the button, that shit would fuck with my head. Otherwise its probably sitting around reading comic books all day,I fucking love jobs where you do nothing

I'm sure they gotta scrub the silos and maintain the hydraulic bay doors and shit, but probably just lots of training and maintaining 50 year old equipment that will rot and never be fired.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: Ahab McBathsalts] * 1
    #27776837 - 05/14/22 11:50 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Propaganda machine is still well oiled I see. Scary stuff.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

#27776946 - 05/14/22 01:36 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
Quote:

viraldrome said:
Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:

I'm sure they gotta scrub the silos and maintain the hydraulic bay doors and shit, but probably just lots of training and maintaining 50 year old equipment that will rot and never be fired.

I think they just stripped the stuff and build new ones not like they need to save funds. :lol: I think there's something like 250-350 abandoned nuke silos in the US.

The most creepy stuff is the contingency of operations/continuity of government plans

--------------------
It's all for the :lol:s

Edited by Eggtimer (05/14/22 01:37 PM)

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27776978 - 05/14/22 01:59 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I wanna join the army.

--------------------

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #27777137 - 05/14/22 05:03 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

So what, does the US Military need an army of trolls to fight the Russian troll army in the upcoming troll wars or something??

:youseethisshit:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27777151 - 05/14/22 05:21 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Propaganda has a major impact on both wars and the course of world politics. It's had a huge impact on US history, Russian history, Chinese history, you name it. It's for real, you can win wars with propaganda, or stop them from starting in the first place. It's a serious discipline that influences entire populations and is highly effective.

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: nooneman]
    #27777176 - 05/14/22 05:37 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

All too true :sadyes:

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: The Blind Ass] * 1
    #27777726 - 05/15/22 02:43 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I was a combat engineer in the Marines. It was honestly a waste of my time. I try to forget as much of it as I can. I didn't see combat or anything. It was just a terrible time and everyone was an asshole... and really stupid.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: Kada]
    #27777761 - 05/15/22 03:54 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Where do I sign up for the marine force troll farm?

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: budmanman]
    #27777774 - 05/15/22 04:15 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

1) Gather unmedicated misfit risktakers all over America with obvious psyops videos

2) ???

3) ???

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: Asante]
    #27777782 - 05/15/22 04:31 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

4) Profit

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

InvisibleHartford
Lawful Good
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: budmanman]
    #27777863 - 05/15/22 07:13 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Combatting violence with diplomacy is preferable to combatting it with more violence and violence rarely solves problems in the long run.

Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27777891 - 05/15/22 08:12 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I wonder, is it really possible to train someone to become numb to the destruction wreaked on a human body by one of our weapons of mass destruction. Doesn't it have to eat away at part of someone's humanity bit by bit as they press buttons, knowing that innocent lives will be horrifically destroyed as a result.

"A young figure sits still by a pool
He's been stamped "Human Bacon" by some butchery tool..."

Some things just don't ever change.

"Why, why do we suffer each race to believe
That no race has been grander
It seems because through time and space
Though names may change, each face retains the mask it wore".

We seem are destined to continue doing the same shit, we just refine the tools.

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27777947 - 05/15/22 09:20 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:

Looks like they're trying to appeal to people's self-importance by making it look like their life is going to be this. "You're gonna be such a badass AND You can keep being an anonymous troll, but now you can get paychecks from the government for doing it." Ads for the military shouldn't exist to begin with but definitely shouldn't look like movie trailers when they do

Whacky ass World

They've always been like that. Call of duty was the best thing to happen to military recruiting. And ofc half of Hollywood is just advertising for them.

But tbf military service has always been glamorized when most of it is just dealing with bullshit in house and hanging around. And alot of cleaning.

Before modern mass transit it was advertised as honorable and glorious while most of it was just a shitload of marching.

It was always a scam. Now it's just a scam with high production value.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi

Re: Have y'all seen this new psyops recruitment video from the army? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #27777965 - 05/15/22 09:40 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I have no doubt in my mind that if I were to join up with the ongoing war effort, I would undoubtedly rise through the ranks, shooting up through them like a majestic shooting star, until finally landing in the position of 3 star brigadier troll general.

Check out my latest work - a string of cryptically encoded graems meant to subliminally entice the enemies’ trolls into revealing themselves by deceiving them into believing that a call to action has been issued from one of their own. 

:chat::war::keyboardwarrior::thatsracist::melt::surprise::strangelove::nuke:

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (05/15/22 09:49 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder