Home | Community | Message Board

MycologyNow.com Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

"In Transit, Arriving Late" Delayed, Lost, or Seized?
    #26054922 - 06/16/19 01:36 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

Anyone seen this message before when shipping stuff? Twice in the past six months I've lost shipments of herb on the west coast. They seemingly never leave the home state, they make it to the first distribution center then it switches from the scheduled delivery to the vague "In Transit, Arriving Late" with no estimations. I think it's just another way of USPS saying it's lost. I've never in my life lost a package so it really feels like getting struck by lightning twice.

Both times, the tracking stopped updating and the package never came. They have to be somewhere though so it seems likely that they were seized, either by authorities or employees. There hasn't been any LEO follow-up or flags attached to the postal address. So maybe an employee got a whiff and took it?

Has anyone else gotten this message before when tracking a USPS package? What was your experience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: "In Transit, Arriving Late" Delayed, Lost, or Seized? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #26055368 - 06/16/19 09:33 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Happens all the time when something is coming from California or the gulf coast after a hurricane.

Why not just call them.

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread

BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

Anonymous #1

Re: "In Transit, Arriving Late" Delayed, Lost, or Seized? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26055852 - 06/16/19 03:18 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Nah this is different than a holiday or weather delay. Similar packages sent on the same day were delivered without delay. You read the part about herb right?
Sure, I'll just call em. "high USPS, I think you lost my pounds of herb, can you check for me?"

Anonymous #2

#26085003 - 07/01/19 09:40 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Hi*

Invisibleillustrain
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the bend.
    #27776939 - 05/14/22 03:25 PM (4 days, 14 hours ago)

Did you ever end up getting this?  Going through the same thing now.

--------------------

----
----
http://www.ConceptFlowCBD.com
CBD Isolate 99.4%, CBD Oil, Homemade Medicinal Mushroom Powder / Tea / Coffee / Extracts
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Anonymous #1

Re: "In Transit, Arriving Late" Delayed, Lost, or Seized? [Re: illustrain]
    #27777059 - 05/14/22 05:27 PM (4 days, 12 hours ago)

No, never received. Not sure if that "in transit" is still a tracking status or what the ultimate reason truly was, but those packages vanished.

I don't ship weight anymore but in retrospect I think making a few changes would have helped get those packages through the system. My assumption is an employee stole it. I'm guessing people in legal states intentionally work at distribution centers in order to intercept contraband and take it home. Putting myself in their shoes, I would look for:

Handwritten packages from one individual to another.
Large, but lightweight packages.

Changes I was considering was:

- Buying a label printer. If the label looks generated by a post office, better chance it passed an initial screening, thus not suspected drugs. Handwritten labels implies someone didn't use the office or dropped off the package anonymously. Handwriting also just stands out and is possibly illegible. The printed labels come with a barcode so people don't have to read the addresses. The less time people spend looking at your package the better.

- Using fake business names on the address labels. For the same reason as above, a thief is way more likely to target a package from Homie One to Homie Two vs Al's Hardware to Callaghan's Auto Repair.

- Weighting down the package. Lead is the most affordable heavy mineral. A few ingots in with the pillows will stump employees who might lift and shake, looking for lightweight flower bundles.

- Encasing the shipment. Adds weight and puncture protection. If it passes through the thieves, the only thing that could stop it from arriving then is if it were to break open on a conveyor belt or something. Besides just using a sturdy box, pelican cases are frequently used for shipping and can be locked shut. Could throw it off a staircase and probably still be secure.

Ideal setup would be weed inside pelican case with lead ingots, gasketed lid for smell and pry protection, locked shut in case of thieves snooping, all concealed in a cardboard box for subtlety and labeled with a printer.

Also, tracking units are pretty affordable these days. It's fairly common too for businesses to implement trackers these days, so why not traffickers? A little $20 gps unit in the pelican is a nice backup, if it goes missing at least you'll be able to see whether it's tracking to the DEA office or Joe Blow's apartment.

Invisibleillustrain
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

#27777089 - 05/14/22 06:05 PM (4 days, 11 hours ago)

Well, that's not great news.  Hopefully it still gets through.  Luckily it's a friend and I was just doing some research for them.  It hasn't been too long though. I wonder if it's worth contacting USPS over. 

Also, something I would add to the list is to find some CBD/Delta8 lab papers online and put them in it.  I believe that USPS isn't looking for cannabis stuff anymore because of all the hemp out there being shipped.  Fingers crossed. :/

--------------------

----
----
CBD Isolate 99.4%, CBD Oil, Homemade Medicinal Mushroom Powder / Tea / Coffee / Extracts
----

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #27777225 - 05/14/22 08:25 PM (4 days, 9 hours ago)

I've had several legal non-drug packages get lost by USPS over the years. If it's taken by the DEA/etc, you'll either get a love letter or a controlled delivery. If you get nothing, then I think it's likely it was just lost. USPS loses stuff a surprising amount of the time.

Anonymous #1

Re: "In Transit, Arriving Late" Delayed, Lost, or Seized? [Re: nooneman]
    #27777518 - 05/15/22 01:05 AM (4 days, 4 hours ago)

Well for what it's worth I've never lost a package with USPS except for those two weed bales. But that's exactly why thieves are able to operate; stuff can get lost at any moment, accidentally or on purpose. I work for Fedex and people steal stuff all the time if the opportunity is there. Usually from businesses but for the same reason; walmart isn't going to call looking for their missing dvd's, dealers aren't going to call in looking for their stolen drugs. Can't give them that golden opportunity.

5lb of weed doesn't just get lost. Sure, it can get misrouted accidentally and delayed legitimately by weather or circumstance. But those two separate occasions the packages never came. They can't just jump out of the truck or walk out of the warehouse. Eventually someone would have found it or have to open it for inspection. Assuming the label was still intact, I should have eventually gotten a love letter or controlled delivery. Nothing at all suggests either the label got separated or destroyed somehow, or it was stolen.

That's another reason to have printed labels, not just to blend in but so it doesn't just wash out if it gets rained or spilled on. If I were taking my own advice I would even engrave the address a second time into the pelican case so it's permanently deliverable.

Invisibleillustrain
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

#27778253 - 05/15/22 02:51 PM (3 days, 14 hours ago)

This was 2lb and it had a nicely printed label from a fake company, exactly like what you stated, very professional.  He's debating on calling them for the $100 insurance - another friend advised insuring / signing for any future ones. I have all the paperwork for delta8/CBD stuff anyway and ship that all the time so I don't see much of a big difference, they don't seem to care about hemp stuff at all.  Really hoping it gets to my friend on Monday, the whole situation is pretty nerve wracking knowing about other friends who have been arrested many years ago for similar stuff.  I do think that it was probably stolen or lost though.

--------------------

----
----
----

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals