Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

DEA Calls on China to Do More to Stop Exports of Fentanyl in the U.S.
    #27776049 - 05/13/22 07:49 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

DEA Calls on China to Do More to Stop Exports of Fentanyl as Overdose Deaths Soar in the U.S.
May 12, 2022 - Latin Post

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is urging China to clamp down on the supply chain networks producing fentanyl, which is the leading cause of death for Americans aged 18 to 45.

DEA administrator Anne Milgram told CBS News that they would like the Chinese government to do more as a majority of the chemicals in fentanyl are produced in China.

"For example, we need to be able to track every shipment of chemicals that's coming out of those Chinese chemical companies and coming to Mexico. Right now, we can't do that," Milgram noted.

According to Borderland Beat, the number one killer of Americans between 18 and 45 is now fentanyl overdoses. Between January 2021 and March 2022, Milgram said the DEA had seized 2,100 pounds of precursor chemicals.

She noted that it was enough to make one billion possibly lethal doses. However, Milgram said she knew her agency was not getting all of it.

DEA Says Fentanyl Arriving in the United States From China

According to Anne Milgram, chemical companies in China are currently the largest producer of precursor chemicals used to make fentanyl.

The DEA official said there was a relationship between the Chinese chemical companies and the Mexican drug cartels in Mexico, adding that once the drugs make it to the U.S. border, "it is too late."

"That's part of why we are so focused right now on stopping the chemicals coming out of the Chinese chemical companies. If we can go as far upstream as possible to China, we have a much better chance of stopping it ever being made in Mexico," Milgram noted.

Milgram also said that fentanyl's threat to teens is also a concern as the fentanyl-laced drugs can easily be bought online.

The DEA official warned parents that fake counterfeit prescription pills were widely available on social media, and drug dealers were also using TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook to sell the illegal drugs.

Milgram likened it to "Uber Eats," being able "to get a fake pill delivered to your doorstep." She said four of 10 pills seized last year contained a deadly dose of fentanyl, which is two milligrams or more.

The DEA official noted that "the amount that could be on the tip of a pencil is enough to kill someone."

Deaths From Fentanyl Overdose in the U.S.

According to preliminary new data published on Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 108,000 people died from drug overdoses from January to December 2021.

Farida Ahmad, a research scientist with the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics, said that's about a 15 percent increase from the number of deaths in 2020, NPR reported that nearly 94,000 died in 2020.

According to The New York Times, deaths related to synthetic opioids, largely fentanyl, rose to 71,000 from 58,000. Those associated with stimulants like methamphetamine also increased to 33,000 from 25,000.

Deaths from both drugs have reportedly been rising in recent years.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: DEA Calls on China to Do More to Stop Exports of Fentanyl in the U.S. [Re: veggie] * 1
    #27776138 - 05/13/22 09:16 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I bet China knows exactly what they're doing, and they don't care. Granted, I'm happy they're also supplying stuff for psychedelics... but stopping the fentanyl would be awesome. But I doubt China is going to.

InvisibleveggieM

Re: DEA Calls on China to Do More to Stop Exports of Fentanyl in the U.S. [Re: nooneman]
    #27776152 - 05/13/22 09:34 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I agree. I am becoming more convinced that China is using fentanyl and fentanyl analogs as WMDs to attack the USA. We went to war against two countries for 5,000 deaths on 9/11. Fentanyl kills ~75,000 people every year. I certainly don't want another war, ever, but we can sanction China in a similar way we are sanctioning Russia to get them to stop shipments of fentanyl and precursors.

InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: DEA Calls on China to Do More to Stop Exports of Fentanyl in the U.S. [Re: veggie] * 1
    #27776561 - 05/14/22 07:12 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
I bet China knows exactly what they're doing, and they don't care. Granted, I'm happy they're also supplying stuff for psychedelics... but stopping the fentanyl would be awesome. But I doubt China is going to.

Quote:

veggie said:
I agree. I am becoming more convinced that China is using fentanyl and fentanyl analogs as WMDs to attack the USA. We went to war against two countries for 5,000 deaths on 9/11. Fentanyl kills ~75,000 people every year. I certainly don't want another war, ever, but we can sanction China in a similar way we are sanctioning Russia to get them to stop shipments of fentanyl and precursors.

Something to keep in mind when your supporting them with your purchases, whether it's electronics, clothing, or chemicals. They are at war with our government. And that means they are at war with us.

--------------------
OmManiPadmeHum,OmManiPadmeHum, OmManiPadMeHum...
There are known knowns, there are known unknowns,
          there are also unknown unknowns.
With great privilege comes great responsibility.

Quantom Qups PROOF AND Soft Drops
Turn your Swab to a Syringe and Syringe to Multiple Syringes!
No Pours (QuantomStyal)
Magic Fruit Leather
DMT for IandI

OnlinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
Re: DEA Calls on China to Do More to Stop Exports of Fentanyl in the U.S. [Re: QM33] * 2
    #27776580 - 05/14/22 07:41 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I try to not directly ever buy anything from China.  I'm sure some of my $$$ gets sent to China somewhere down the line but fuck ever using any product from them!  I'll raise my prices and use US manufacturing if I can proudly and tell customers that.  Why people send countless dollars for useless junk is beyond me, I guess they'll realize the error of their ways when we have Chinese Boots on our neck

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

Edited by theRealrollforever (05/14/22 07:41 AM)

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: DEA Calls on China to Do More to Stop Exports of Fentanyl in the U.S. [Re: veggie]
    #27776851 - 05/14/22 12:00 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
We went to war against two countries for 5,000 deaths on 9/11. Fentanyl kills ~75,000 people every year.

Try not to look at it as lives lost, look at it as dollars disrupted because that’s what matters.

Quote:

veggie said:
I certainly don't want another war, ever

Well get ready for it because it’s already here.  Those same politicians everyone seems to be obsessed with and support have been selling this place out from under us one bribe at a time for a long, long time now.  Peaceful coexistence is a dream, a lot of these US beliefs are a dream because we’re living in a world where others don’t have that same belief and they have no problems with slitting your throat..

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OnlinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
Re: DEA Calls on China to Do More to Stop Exports of Fentanyl in the U.S. [Re: Amanita86]
    #27776865 - 05/14/22 12:17 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

As long as I bleed out on the higher moral ground I'm alright with it

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

OfflineWeebleWobble
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: DEA Calls on China to Do More to Stop Exports of Fentanyl in the U.S. [Re: theRealrollforever] * 1
    #27779893 - 05/16/22 06:53 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

legalize heroin, regulate and tax it and the fentanyl problem goes away.  Take the tax dollars earned and open treatment centers using Ibogaine, psilocybin etc.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate