Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKigz
Stranger
Loc: Sweden Flag
Is there any difference?
    #27776596 - 05/14/22 07:54 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

So I watch Joe Rogan a few weeks ago, the guest on was Stamets. Really interesting. I loved his first trip report, but that was on another YouTube clip I just recalled. So anyway. He said to Rogan, that they makes there supplement with Lion mane, Reishi, Cordyceps, Chaga from mycelium.
So I just want to know what the research are saying about that?

Also mushroom growing in the wild vs those that Stamets company are growing, they don't have the same Substrat, right?
So are they as healthy and effective as the wild mushrooms? Have there been any research on that? 

Yeah ASLO i watched this YouTube clip

that made me wanna ask you guys about it. Thanks.

Sorry about my poor English, hope you guys understand my questions and have some good answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Is there any difference? [Re: Kigz]
    #27776620 - 05/14/22 08:19 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Save your money and just eat mushrooms when you can IMO.

If it's just ground up fruit bodies or mycelium on grain in capsules, any effect is very likely placebo. If it's a concentrate or extract, some of these compounds aren't well studied and the effects of taking unnatural doses (which many extracts/concentrates are) may have negative impacts if take frequently, anything powerful enough to feel effects will impact your body's homeostasis and often cause the opposite of what you're taking it for eventually.

There's also the issue of product purity, the supplement industry is unregulated and you have zero idea what you're ingesting... the process used to grow/produce the supplement, heavy metal contamination, dosage/actual contents etc.

As far as your question, if you google "benefits mycelium vs fruiting bodies" there are lots of articles, most are written by people who sell supplements though... and come to the conclusion that their method is best.

Offlinedyel
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there any difference? [Re: feevers]
    #27776931 - 05/14/22 01:18 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I noticed you are getting into this hobby from your past threads so for things like lions mane you can grow them, cook them and eat them.
for things like chaga or raishi you can do your own extraction Forrester have a good guide https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18845747

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is there any difference? [Re: dyel]
    #27777033 - 05/14/22 02:52 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Yeah don't trust too much of what stamets says, he's in it for the money for sure.

Yes there are differences but both mycelium and fruit bodies can be beneficial. I prefer wild foraged fruit bodies, double extracted, over anything else. Nature always does it best.

Feevers brings up some good points though.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck