Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefranksterling
Stranger
 User Gallery

Some questions regarding the pressure cooker
    #27776362 - 05/14/22 03:08 AM (12 days, 13 hours ago)

Hi,
I have an old all american pressure cooker I bought off ebay years ago, back then I changed the peacock and could bring it to 15 psi using a mobile heating plate with 1500 W
Now I can't get over 10 PSI but I used a new plate (also 1500 W). I also tried a propan burner but the gauge taking quite some time going over 10 PSI I decided to turn it off as I got a bit scared
I ordered a new gauge which will arrive next week as I think the one I used might have been faulty.
Just in case electricity will just get me to 10 PSI, is this sufficient if just used longer? And if so how much longer if doing agar, liquid culture, grain jars and grain bags?
Also I was wondering how much water has to be added as this might have been a possible reason for the pressure to not build up properly.
I saw tons of tutorials but those are usually very vague on the amount of water added and differ in terms of the sterilized good should / can / shouldn't sit within the water.
I saw a couple of tutorials using an instant pot which deals for 99 Euro and would be a much much more convenient option as it seems safe but again I read different things, some say it does work others say it doesn't.
Regarding the pot, I had to give it a very very thorough clean but obviously left the cone connection out to not mess up its seal. Does anyone have tips on how to clean this area?

Added some photos of the canner. If this isn't love I don't know what love is...

Before:

After:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder