Home | Community | Message Board

MycologyNow.com Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Thailand to give away one million free cannabis plants to households * 2
    #27772676 - 05/11/22 03:30 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Thailand to give away one million free cannabis plants to households
May 11, 2022 - CNN

The Thai government will distribute one million free cannabis plants to households across the nation in June to mark a new rule allowing people to grow cannabis at home, its health minister has said.

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul announced the move in a Facebook post on May 8 in which he expressed his intention for cannabis plants to be grown like "household crops."

The new rule, which comes into force on June 9, will allow people to grow cannabis plants at home after notifying their local government, but the plants will have to be of medical grade and used exclusively for medicinal purposes. Additionally, the cannabis cannot be used for commercial purposes without further licenses.

The move is the latest step in Thailand's plan to promote cannabis as a cash crop. About a third of its labor force works in agriculture, according to the World Bank.

In a region notorious for harsh penalties towards illegal drugs, Thailand became the first country in Southeast Asia in 2018 to legalize cannabis for medical research and use.

The kingdom has also loosened local laws around cannabis. Thai drinks and cosmetics companies last year rushed to launch products with hemp and CBD, a compound that does not give users a high, after their use was approved for consumer goods.

In a further Facebook post on May 10, Anutin noted that Thai companies registered to do so could sell cannabis products that contained less than 0.2 tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the part of the plant responsible for getting people high.

"This will enable people and the government to generate more than 10 billion baht per year in revenue from marijuana and hemp," Anutin wrote.

Kitty Chopaka, a Bangkok-based cannabis entrepreneur, told CNN the law was meant to pave the way for people to use the plant in medicinal teas or soups.

"It will still be considered criminal if you don't have a legal prescription and you have to be a patient of some form of ailment for this to work. Only then will you be able to grow cannabis at home and use it however you like."

She added that, even though recreational use of the drug remained illegal, "smoking weed will happen, and there's no way the [government] can stop that."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleModularMind
M.P.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: Thailand to give away one million free cannabis plants to households [Re: veggie]
    #27772881 - 05/11/22 06:39 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

cannabis products that contained less than 0.2 tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC,

20%?

InvisibleveggieM

Re: Thailand to give away one million free cannabis plants to households [Re: ModularMind]
    #27772925 - 05/11/22 07:20 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Quote:

20%?

0.2%

InvisibleNobler Hino
a dojo and a forge?!
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep Ellum Flag
Re: Thailand to give away one million free cannabis plants to households [Re: veggie]
    #27772978 - 05/11/22 08:12 PM (1 month, 16 days ago)

When I lived there in 2010, I would ride around with my friends with an oz or two of press. All the weed I found there was sold in blocks like a rubix cube. At the time they were locking people up for seeds and stems.

--------------------

"The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me.”
– Maria Sabina

InvisibleRotnpinsS
🤮 Rotten-Pins 🍄
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sporetopia
Re: Thailand to give away one million free cannabis plants to households [Re: veggie] * 1
    #27773735 - 05/12/22 11:55 AM (1 month, 16 days ago)

Very cool :thumbup:

--------------------
Check out this very helpful write-up that every noob should read at least once- here

Updated PF Tek
Signs of contamination
Agar 1
Agar 2
Clean Spawn Checklist
Shoebox Tek
Surface Conditions
How to post pictures

Offlinenektar61S
Turned you into a toadstool
Female Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Between the gills.
Re: Thailand to give away one million free cannabis plants to households [Re: veggie] * 1
    #27775303 - 05/13/22 11:02 AM (1 month, 15 days ago)

Good.

I'm all for any drug decrim anywhere, no matter the reason. But

Thailand used to execute drug users. And jails people for criticizing the king. Maybe they figure if people are stoned they won't criticize the king.

--------------------

InvisibleModularMind
M.P.F.
Male User Gallery

#27777515 - 05/15/22 01:04 AM (1 month, 13 days ago)

Quote:

ModularMind said:
Quote:

veggie said:

cannabis products that contained less than 0.2 tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC,

20%?

Quote:

veggie said:
Quote:

20%?

0.2%

:furry:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale