Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
I noticed this about dreams
    #2775788 - 06/08/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I remember I watched Bill nye the science guy when I was young and he said you can control what you dream about by thinking very hard about it before you go to sleep. This never works for me. Whenever I did this the dream that ensued would have absolutely nothing to do with what I thought about. The thing I noticed is that during the day when I hear about something that I'm not really paying attention to, thats the stuff I dream about. I think the trick to dreaming what you want is to think about it hard then putting out of your mind completely, forcing into your subconcious, which is usually what dreams are made of. Just an observation.

--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: I noticed this about dreams [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #2776544 - 06/08/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think you are right.

Offlinesensi

Loc: MushroOmKingdoM
Re: I noticed this about dreams [Re: zorbman]
    #2776590 - 06/09/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

exact same thing with me man... vaguely think of shit n i will dream of it

--------------------
Live in your own reality. Sorround yourself with positivity while being aware of the darkness. The heaven so many people are in search of is much closer than they believe. Its a state of mind. Its not about reaching a destination becuase there is no destination, its an infinite, exponential journey.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2776918 - 06/09/04 02:36 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"The thing I noticed is that during the day when I hear about something that I'm not really paying attention to, thats the stuff I dream about."

yes, also for me it is the stuff I 'put off' or dont conciouslly sort through/ anylize/problem solve that I dream about.... unresolved issues is what my dreams are about.. oh ya, and also dragons who drive who drive chevy's... that is all

OfflineThe_Visionaire
Torch

Loc: Indra's Net
    #2777157 - 06/09/04 06:20 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You hit the mark there! Nice discovery :sun:

Now i understand why lucid dreaming manuals encourage people who want to have such dreams to be AWARE.
In order to have lucid dreams it helps to focus on being mindfull in everyday life, which is REALLY difficult. But if you can do this you will have a much greater probability of recognicing the dream-signs.

When you are drinking a glass of water, and you KNOW that you are drinking a glass of water, mindfullness i present.

--------------------
There are no differences between men and gods,
one blends softly causal into the other.
-Frank Herbert, Dune.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: I noticed this about dreams [Re: The_Visionaire]
    #2777203 - 06/09/04 07:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

"In order to have lucid dreams it helps to focus on being mindfull in everyday life, which is REALLY difficult."

Funny, I've always been blessed with this ability.. it seems my brain fits a profile that is often a) sought after or b) considered annoying... I analyze just about everything I sense when I'm not stoned... infact, it's one of the reasons I started smoking a lot. It was like I couldn't turn my brain "off" unless I was stoned.

Anyway, despite all that, I've only had like 2-3 lucid dreams ever.

Funny, nowadays, I can't get complete thoughts formed half the time when I'm stoned.. and when I'm sober I think clearly... guess it's time for a break. (Good thing I happen to have one planned, starting... friday. Fuck. That sucks..)

InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
    #2777309 - 06/09/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I use to be able to remember my dreams very vividly. When I was just a young child I have memories of taking control and flying in my dreams. Memories of waking myself up in scary situations. Not being able to move or get up or going very slow mo. Flying was so natural too...I can remember it instictively...I thought "hey Im dreaming, why not fly?" "why not?" I started runnin and just made a huge jumping leap into the air. Occassionally i would come back down run and jump again.

Never again though. This only happened once when i was younger. my dreams now i cant remember. I cant see.

Anyone think weed might be very problematic in creating dreams. I smoke a lot of weed, would it create confusion in my unconcious mind?

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

OfflineThe_Visionaire
Torch

Loc: Indra's Net
Re: I noticed this about dreams [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2777372 - 06/09/04 08:56 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I think the ability to be aware and the ability to analyze things are quite different, if not to say, complementary approaches.

To be AWARE carries a deeper spiritual significance and is closely related to presence, which has nothing to do with thought. But of course you can be present in thought or intellectual conversation as well..

To be mindful simply means to be aware of what you are doing. This can not be said to be the case in an ordinary dream; feelings and impulses whip you along, without the secondorder observer activated. When lucid, there will be a much greater feeling of presence and being.

Developing this ability in everyday life will probably make lucid dreams more frequent, that is, if combined with other dreamwork and exercises.

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: I noticed this about dreams [Re: MellowMood]
    #2777378 - 06/09/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I can still realize I'm dreaming and change the dream to suit me occaisonally, and I smoke a fair bit. If the amount you smoke is keeping you from getting a good night's sleep, I suppose it could become problematic.

As for determining the subject matter of the dream based on what I think about and how I think about it before going to bed, I find mood makes a bigger impact than actual ideas and lines of thinking. If I'm happy and relaxed before I go to sleep then I can almost always to have a dream that's either enjoyable or forgettable.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2782484 - 06/10/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I've learned that when I try to make too many details in my dreams, the whole thing falls apart - I can only seem to control enough of it to guide it towards certain vague situations.... Then my mind takes over and brings these situations to life in ways I'd never consciously expected (in fact they're much more creative and captivating usually than what I was originally going for, yet still in the same general direction I was attempting to go in).

Dreaming is the best thing ever!!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2782813 - 06/10/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I like the rich dreams after salvia.
I don't like to steer, to me it is a ride.
Enough steering is done in the day.
while waking up
I need to resubmerge intentionally sometimes
back into dream space in order to remember.

is it not a bit narcissistic to try to control this realm

btw this was fun
http://www.painterskeys.com/dreamway/
enjoy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale