Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemyc_ousin_vinny
Keeping_It_Real
 User Gallery

50 Grams Wet B+ / Extremely Intense Trip / Very Difficult!
    #27770679 - 05/10/22 07:08 AM (1 month, 21 days ago)

Dose: 50 Grams wet of B+ (after microdosing .4 grams dry for a week)

Background: I have tripped many times. Mostly lsd and shrooms. Most of those experiences were good with a couple exceptions. I used to trip at school a lot when I was younger and had a couple difficult trips on lsd on campus.

Back in the day (early 90s) my friends and I just made tea out of all the caps we could find (we used to throw the stems away because we thought they would poison you...lol) so I have no idea what level those trips were. Since I've begun cultivating, I've had several 2.5g, 3g trips that were all pretty strong but... nothing like the trip this report intends to detail.

So...I had a shoebox that I left in a closet after the second flush and forgot about. When I opened it, it had huge side, bottom and top shrooms that were thick, long and dense! They looked kinda sad color-wise because there was no light on in the closet. I decided to do the right thing and harvest them.

Then it occurred to me... fresh shrooms are more visual in my experience...family out of town... let's trip today haha.

I had been microdosing .4g of dried for about a week before this trip and I thought..."hey, your tolerance is probably high right now, you can handle 50 grams wet!". So, I weighed them out chopped them up, boiled them for about 15 minutes, strained in a French press and chugged the concoction when it was cool. I should mention that I had a light meal about 20 minutes before I dosed. I remember that the tea looked super dank... blue and foamy when boiling and then dark when I drank it.

At first I was thinking that I might go for a walk during the come-up... holy shit I'm glad I didn't, otherwise I might have ended up in the psych ward!! Lots of neighbors and the general public enjoying nature where I live. Someone definitely would have noticed me writhing on the ground...

After about 15 minutes I knew I was in for a serious ride and retreated to the bedroom. Not exactly my idea of a rad setting but... safe and protected... that's ultimately what I determined was best.

The next four hours were VERY challenging.

Visuals were the usual pattern shifting stuff. No blatant hallucinations really. When I closed my eyes I could feel my mind slipping away but then I would yank myself back into reality by opening them and checking the time (which turned out to be meaningless...lol).

I will try and recount some of the thoughts I had and things that were actually happening. For one thing, my mouth was very dry and I was thirsty the whole time. At times I thought I was going to die of dehydration. I kept making my way to the kitchen and drinking water but I couldn't piss which scared me a lot. That set off waves of fear about my personal health and well being. I probably was a tad dehydrated but my paranoia got the best of me and I couldn't shake the thought that I was going to fuck up my kidneys or something.

I do recall thinking "I might die here today" as wave after wave of anxiety poured over me.

I also remember losing all concept of time. I could remember I was tripping but not for how long even if I looked at the time on my phone. Suddenly 3pm meant nothing to me. I couldn't remember when I started any more.

The main paranoia I felt was basically this "I am fully incapacitated...what if someone comes looking for me at home or the police show up for a welfare check??" I knew logically it was unreasonable but it scared the shit out of me. Especially when I was just laying on my back, incapacitated... or pacing like a caged animal.

Honestly, this was one of the most difficult experiences of my life. I could not wait for it to be over.

At the end of the day I think that my mental state, set and setting and intention were all majorly lacking. A decent trip guide might have walked me off of that ledge of paranoia and I could have let go. My ego was just too strong I guess..lol. That's why I had such a rough time of it. (I don't think it was a negative experience truthfully just difficult as hell)... I just couldn't let go because my setting wasn't perceived as secure. Being at home alone tripping major balls turned out to be scary as fuck for me.

Another thing that happened... I was clammy and sweating a lot. My sheets were soaked with sweat when it all finally ended. Clothes all gnarly.

It will be a long time before I attempt a dose of that magnitude again. The experience taught me that my head space, set and setting need to be right before taking a large dose. The difference between 2.5g dry and 50 grams wet is pretty fucking stark!!!

I know this report is a little dis-jointed but I wanted to share something in case some of you can relate and possibly suggest ways for me to improve my experience next time. I'm a veteran tripper who lacks majorly in the psychedelic experience department, so have at it :-)

Thanks for reading :mushroom2:

--------------------
Bod's Easy AF Search Engine TEK

Alien's Holy Grail No pour Agar unmodified containers.
Hamloaf's Super Simple, 10/10, Rye Berry Prep Tek Like a Boss.
Pastywhyte's Easy Lid Tek
Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs

"Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall..."

"So we all grow mushrooms, and since we grow mushrooms - we have mushrooms. Since we have mushrooms - we eat mushrooms. Since we eat mushrooms - we trip ballz. Finally since we trip ballz - we think fucked up shit that nobody even remotely square will ever give two fucks about even when the stars align." __Smartattack

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyc_ousin_vinny
Keeping_It_Real
 User Gallery

Re: 50 Grams Wet B+ / Extremely Intense Trip / Very Difficult! [Re: myc_ousin_vinny]
    #27772187 - 05/11/22 05:27 AM (1 month, 20 days ago)

Bump :doge:

--------------------

"So we all grow mushrooms, and since we grow mushrooms - we have mushrooms. Since we have mushrooms - we eat mushrooms. Since we eat mushrooms - we trip ballz. Finally since we trip ballz - we think fucked up shit that nobody even remotely square will ever give two fucks about even when the stars align." __Smartattack

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: 50 Grams Wet B+ / Extremely Intense Trip / Very Difficult! [Re: myc_ousin_vinny] * 1
    #27772437 - 05/11/22 11:49 AM (1 month, 20 days ago)

Quote:

The experience taught me that my head space, set and setting need to be right before taking a large dose.

Yeah, I think you were just a bit unprepared for a big dose, sounds like a spur-of-the-moment kind of trip.

If your previous trips were in the region of 2.5 - 3g, going up to 50g wet (roughly equivalent to 5g dry I guess) is a fair jump; the intensity ramps up quickly as you increase the dose, especially if you almost double it. It's also easy to be caught out by assuming you have a big tolerance, and then finding the opposite. I think tolerance is much more noticeable when you take a big dose followed by a smaller dose a day or two later.

Deciding to trip in the bedroom was a good idea once you realised it was going to be intense. If it was more of a planned trip, you could set up the room so that the atmosphere is nice and cosy, or you are surrounded by a few things that make the room seem more 'trippy'. I like tripping in a room in the evening where the lighting is coming from lamps and you have soft lighting and shadows.

:owl:

I usually trip with a couple of bottles of water by the side of the bed, but I don't bother drinking much until after the peak. I'd avoid food at least for a couple of hours before a trip, although a light snack isn't a big deal; for me it's better than tripping with a nagging feeling of hunger. Depending what you ate, that might have added to the feeling of thirst during the trip.

Quote:

I also remember losing all concept of time. I could remember I was tripping but not for how long even if I looked at the time on my phone. Suddenly 3pm meant nothing to me. I couldn't remember when I started any more.

Personally I like to start an indoor trip like this exactly 'on the hour', and make a note of the time when I started. Another thing that I find grounds the trip a little bit, is to set up a long music playlist in advance, which will last for the length of the trip. I get a sense of where I am in the trip, and the general progression of time, by what track is playing, although it can be startling to be lost in a reverie for what seems like half an hour, only to find the same track is playing and less than five minutes have elapsed.

The paranoia, anxiety, confusion, fear of death, physical discomfort... I think that's all fairly normal when you take a high dose which is much more intense than you are familiar or comfortable with. Anxiety and panic can add to the feelings of physical discomfort, which makes you paranoid about your body - "I'm dying!" and your mind - "I'm going insane!" and adds to the general feeling that something has gone horribly wrong. You can get fixated about some trivial physical sensation (like being thirsty) or minor concern (what do I do if someone knocks on the door?) and magnify it into an impending doom or life-changing catastrophe.

:scaryshroom:

Quote:

I knew logically it was unreasonable but it scared the shit out of me. Especially when I was just laying on my back, incapacitated... or pacing like a caged animal.

I think the feeling of being hounded by the trip, a deep unease, is actually part of the process of letting go - you are letting go of all the tension which builds up as the trip intensifies. The fear and negative thoughts build up and at some point you reach a crisis point, you can't cope, you just accept your fate, you stop struggling with the trip mentally, and the feelings of doom, unease and anxiety fall away very abruptly because you have stopped worrying, you feel a wave of relief and euphoria, and you are able to synchronize with the rhythm of the trip instead of resisting it.

I think you have to treat a strong trip a bit like going to sleep. In sleep you just accept that you will be OK lying in your bed, incapacitated, having weird dreams and not being "in control." That's one reason I like tripping late in the evening - less likely to be disturbed, and it's perfectly normal to be in bed for a few hours.

I can get fairly anxious when tripping if I overthink things, so I try to adopt a "fuck it" attitude - once I've dosed, that's it, I'm committed to the trip and I'm not going to start thinking "what if...?" Also just not taking the trip too seriously, and being able to laugh at the general absurdity of the trip, can help to lighten the mood.

:busytripping:

"Letting go" isn't easy when a trip is building into something fearsome, sometimes you just have to hang tight, as though you got on a rollercoaster with no way off until the ride stops. It can be a matter of waiting for a moment when you get a sense of the pressure easing off, meaning you are able to relax and enjoy a trip which is just about within your comfort zone, or sometimes the trip drowns you within it and it feels more like living through some apocalyptic event.

Sometimes you have to "let go" because there is no choice but to surrender, to give in to the onslaught, but it can be awkward if there is a standoff where the trip isn't strong enough to fully pull you in, and you aren't comfortable enough to fully let go. I think the answer to this is just experience, careful dosing, and not going too far too fast. There will always be "oh fuck" moments on higher doses; you just have to ride them out as best you can and have a little faith in your body, your mind, and the mushrooms themselves.

:feelsshroomyman:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Invisiblemyc_ousin_vinny
Keeping_It_Real
 User Gallery

Re: 50 Grams Wet B+ / Extremely Intense Trip / Very Difficult! [Re: Aldebaran]
    #27773520 - 05/12/22 06:52 AM (1 month, 19 days ago)

Wow @Aldebaran! That was a very well written and thoughtful reply. Thank you for that. I'm going to take it to heart and be more intentional about my planning/dosing. Shrooms are to be respected for sure. I mean I knew that but I didn't really know that until now. Again, thank you kindly for the feedback. I'll post a reply here after my next experience.

:rockon::cheers:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder