Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Houston
    #2777016 - 06/09/04 05:40 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Any luck right now in Houston? I've been thinking about taking a trip for a trip, and if the timing is still good, I still might.

I would think the end of June would be too hot for mushies to grow, but right now cubes should be rather abundant. Anyone from Houston agree or wanna tell me otherwise?

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehydr0420
Psycopahtic Ryda

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Houston [Re: adoseofparn0z]
    #2777388 - 06/09/04 11:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah,
now should be a good time with all the rain we've recieved. Its not too hot today so i would say tomorrow morn or this evening would be great. Friends of a friends go out near bastrop and come home with loads. Go for it! good luck
-dr0

OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
    #2777418 - 06/09/04 11:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I found a few last week, but with all this rain that came around here, I'll bet cubes will be growing pretty nicely...

Btw, have any of you had any luck finding Copelandia/Panaelous Cyanscens(sp.) in the Houston area?

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Houston [Re: hydr0420]
    #2793401 - 06/15/04 12:15 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hydr0420 said:
Yeah,
now should be a good time with all the rain we've recieved. Its not too hot today so i would say tomorrow morn or this evening would be great. Friends of a friends go out near bastrop and come home with loads. Go for it! good luck
-dr0

cubes near bastrop huh? very interesting I haven't had any luck that far west....maybe i'll have to give it another go.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Invisiblekiddo
strange, er?
Loc: TX
    #2794603 - 06/15/04 12:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm fed up. I have precious little time in the day and my findings for the past month have really sucked. I've been all over from houston to galveston and down past victoria. nothing worth the time.

i grew up in the country and now im a city boy, but i remember in high school this great field that produced more than we could every carry back. i went back there last year and they had destroyed it searching/drilling for oil.

anyway, now that im in the city, i dont know any good spots, much less safe spots. i really stand out when i go. especially my car, which has no business being near a field.

i hope others are having more luck than me. someone out there is pulling them in by the bags full.....and selling them. they're great, but buying them sucks when you know they're all around the outskirts of the city.

Offlinejben
Don't panic, it's organic
 User Gallery
Re: Houston [Re: kiddo]
    #2794722 - 06/15/04 12:46 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

man, why dont you do your own reaserch. thats the best way to find out if its too hot. spend 24 hours straight just hutning, looking at weather at www.intellicast.com or www.weather.com it will seriously help you a lot man.

--------------------
Don't panic, it's organic!

Invisiblekiddo
strange, er?
Loc: TX
Re: Houston [Re: jben]
    #2795304 - 06/15/04 03:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

from my experience, there's not a time that's too hot. treelines, especially ones that follow irrigation channels can offer nice rewards in the middle of the day in august because they're no affected by direct sunlight. it's mid-june now. it's not gonna get cooler for awhile.

rain helps alot during spring, but in the summer, just the moisture from the dew every morning is enough for certain areas with high grass.

i know HOW to find them. I'm just having problems with the WHERE to find them part. Where to find them and not get shot or have the police called, etc.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification