Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | Next >
OfflineJenk
JenkAddict
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: pbs037]
    #27761877 - 05/03/22 07:31 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

You can mix fresh subs with tap water and blend it, use a spray bottle to spread over mulch.

Quote:

pbs037 said:
Quote:

Trossington said:
Quote:

psbs said:

That said, I am seeing some success in a couple of outdoor grow experiments I started last season! :dancer:

Another experiment from last season was making a number of sub smoothies and pouring them into various woodchip beds at local parks and reserves that I haven't seen subs grow before. Not expecting the smoothie tek to work but it never hurts trying. If successful, the plan is to keep spreading all around locally. Fingers crossed :cool:

Can you please share how you managed to grow subs outdoors? I would like to do the same!!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSykadelic
Male User Gallery

Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: Jenk]
    #27761891 - 05/03/22 07:41 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Here's a good link to help grow your own subaeruginosa

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24673753/vc/1/nt/484

There's heaps of other threads on here too

--------------------

Edited by Sykadelic (05/03/22 07:43 PM)

InvisibleTrossington
Stranger

Loc: VIC Flag
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: pbs037]
    #27762263 - 05/04/22 12:45 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

As Sykadelic mentioned there's a tonne of great resources here you can look up.

I mainly followed Olive's methods as it seemed the most doable for me. 

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14553921/fpart/1/vc/1

You'll see Olive uses stem in cardboard tacos to grow myc before transferring to woodchips. I had very little success out of this mainly from being super impatient and not being able to leave them alone, over misting, to the point the stems turned to sludge with some parasitic worms eating them. They may have even grown out of them, I dunno but I turfed them out.

Best results came from stem butts in woodchips in takeaway containers.

For smoothie tek, I followed UK Explorer's method. Pretty much what Jenk suggested.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17229229#17229229

Have fun and good luck!

InvisibleNickoloxious
Forest solivagant
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: Trossington] * 2
    #27762322 - 05/04/22 02:56 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

A couple suburban finds in the south east around dusk...
A few more Psilocybe tasmaniana at the new spot I found last month, no fruits yet at the original patch I discovered last year;

~
And some more Sub patches waking up around the area;

--------------------

Invisiblediscobean
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: Nickoloxious]
    #27763247 - 05/04/22 06:02 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Those tasmaniana are beautiful Nick, you must've been over the moon coming across those! I'll be doing a lot more hunting in Melbs East this year, hope to come across some myself. Same habitat as subs yeah?

Great pics as always and good job on leading the vicco charge :thumbup:

OfflineChongBerry
Offmechops
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Australia Melbourne Vietnamict... Flag
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: Nickoloxious] * 1
    #27763577 - 05/04/22 09:31 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

SOME COOOOL FINDS:ooo:

InvisibleNickoloxious
Forest solivagant
 User Gallery

Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: discobean] * 1
    #27763773 - 05/04/22 11:47 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Thanks mate, I appreciate it! :cheers:
They’re certainly interesting to find. Funny thing is the first time I remember actually coming across them was back in 2020, a year before I had confirmed what they were. At the time I thought they were just strange looking and tasting sub mutants. I was actually a little averted towards them because of the differences even though they were little LBM's that bruised blue. Just goes to show it pays to look into strange findings. :lol:
Quote:

discobean said:
Same habitat as subs yeah?

Seems to be the case. I’ve found the two species growing meters apart from each other last year.
~
Some more suburban subs from a different spot today;

~
& this Rooting Shank growing next to the footpath;

--------------------

Offlineshroomthatshit
Duprees Diamond Mushroom!
Male User Gallery

Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: Nickoloxious] * 1
    #27763843 - 05/05/22 01:53 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Well well well! very fruitful at a patch/park I discovered last year. First two pics are a before and after from the same patch! Enjoy my finds and happy hunting folks!!

Invisiblecrix
The Count
Male User Gallery

Loc: Victoria, Australia Flag
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: TheBlueprint]
    #27763855 - 05/05/22 02:16 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheBlueprint said:
Typical. Someone has a laugh in good humor and you instantly go full racist with once of the most controversial topics of recent times. By the way, the cop was found guilty so you are promoting racism, a hate crime and racial division on a mycology forum. Ignorance at it's finest. Another outsider that gets reality from the idiot box. All because someone had a laugh in good humor. That speaks volume of your character and further expounds on your true intentions. Noted.

Please keep that same energy in person when the Karma train returns. What comes around goes around. Haven't you noticed what's been happening locally in Australia? You should be more concerned about what's coming to Australia, that is way worse than the last 2 years. Australia is the testing ground and your government sold every one of you out. IYKYK... Just wait this is only the beginning and people like you have it coming back ten fold. Now that is justice!

Please keep your messages on topic. You may have your opinions, but this is not the place for them.

--------------------
The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed. - Steven Biko

You can judge the morality of a nation by the way the society treats its animals. -Mahatma Gandhi

Invisiblediscobean
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: crix] * 2
    #27765194 - 05/05/22 09:58 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

First finds of the season this morning :smile: Had a lovely discussion with a woman who saw me taking photos and asked what was going on. After a great chat about Rupert Sheldrake and fungal intelligence she set off with a small handful excited for her first experience! I'm happy to know that my first finds of the year went to a curious  dog-walker who had the courage to reach out and connect :smile:

And some active (I think!) Gyms growing nearby

OfflineTheBlueprint

Loc: Earth
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: crix]
    #27765299 - 05/05/22 11:48 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jagsthebags said:
Mean while in MTown

Hahaha. I'm not claiming territory you cheeky pricks. Shrooms for all, forever.

Just don't like giving the Feds intel knowwahtimsayun. Hehe

Quote:

Bardy said:
Quote:

TheBlueprint said:
Quote:

jagsthebags said:
Mean while in MaceydowniaTown...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3c/George_Floyd_neck_knelt_on_by_police_officer.png/240px-George_Floyd_neck_knelt_on_by_police_officer.png

Hahaha. I'm not claiming territory you cheeky pricks. Shrooms for all, forever.

Just don't like giving the Feds intel knowwahtimsayun. Hehe

Typical. Someone has a laugh in good humor and you instantly go full racist with once of the most controversial topics of recent times. By the way, the cop was found guilty so you are promoting racism, a hate crime and racial division on a mycology forum. Ignorance at it's finest. Another outsider that gets reality from the idiot box. All because someone had a laugh in good humor. That speaks volume of your character and further expounds on your true intentions. Noted.

Please keep that same energy in person when the Karma train returns. What comes around goes around. Haven't you noticed what's been happening locally in Australia? You should be more concerned about what's coming to Australia, that is way worse than the last 2 years. Australia is the testing ground and your government sold every one of you out. IYKYK... Just wait this is only the beginning and people like you have it coming back ten fold. Now that is justice!

What the hell are you on about? The pic is distasteful, but they didn’t post it to be racist, you completely misread. Keep your ranting out of this thread, it’s way worse than discussing the weather.

Quote:

crix said:
Quote:

TheBlueprint said:

Please keep your messages on topic. You may have your opinions, but this is not the place for them.

--------------------

InvisibleNickoloxious
Forest solivagant
 User Gallery

Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: discobean]
    #27765328 - 05/06/22 12:16 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

discobean said:
First finds of the season this morning :smile:

Quote:

Nice one! :thumbup:

Looks like them to me. Did you give the gyms a taste test, the spore colour looks the part. The only look alike I know of is Tricholomopsis rutilans which has an almost white spore print & does not taste bitter.

--------------------

Invisiblediscobean
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: Nickoloxious]
    #27765366 - 05/06/22 01:17 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Looks like them to me. Did you give the gyms a taste test, the spore colour looks the part. The only look alike I know of is Tricholomopsis rutilans which has an almost white spore print & does not taste bitter.

I did not think to do so Nick, next time I'm out there I'll have a little nibble. Thanks for the suggestion :cheers:

InvisibleNickoloxious
Forest solivagant
 User Gallery

Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: discobean]
    #27765370 - 05/06/22 01:21 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

No worries. :cheers:

--------------------

InvisibleTrossington
Stranger

#27765382 - 05/06/22 01:34 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

discobean said:
After a great chat about Rupert Sheldrake and fungal intelligence she set off with a small handful excited for her first experience! I'm happy to know that my first finds of the year went to a curious  dog-walker who had the courage to reach out and connect :smile:

Love this. Sharing the love!

OfflineFloydD
Stranger
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: Trossington]
    #27765407 - 05/06/22 03:01 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

love to hear this!
Been on a bit of a scout locally, still yet to hit any subs but checked off some promising spots, catching some more familiar scents as each day passes by. enjoying the journey🙏

OfflineOneirowalker
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: FloydD] * 2
    #27766678 - 05/06/22 10:35 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Last year was my first season hunting; after pretty much stumbling over a small suburban patch 400m from home, that unfortunately quickly got trashed by someone else, along with another in the same general area. But late in the season I also found a better patch a short drive away, which managed to remain otherwise untouched.

After the recent rains and cold overnight temps I thought I'd take a look at "the good patch" a few days ago, but all I found then were a bunch of dried out mushrooms that clearly weren't what I was looking for - they seemed to be two types, either strikingly orange caps, or paler brown/beige caps with stems that were yellowish instead of bluing.

Since there was a bit more rain last night I went back this morning, and after initially only spotting more "non-useful" types (I'll still get any I pick positively ID-d on here: while I think I have Subs pretty much dialled in now, I'm also a little paranoid still...!) I was thinking maybe the patch had been infiltrated/overgrown with these others and started to head back to the car.

That was when the one with the split cap in photo #1 caught my eye. I crouched to take a photo, then realised that while there hundreds of larger obvious non-actives all around me, only just emerging from the leaf litter were also seven or eight clusters of pins like pic #2. A good reminder that I really need to take the time while down low to "get my eyes on", as I'd completely missed all of them up til then.

I stepped carefully away from the patch to head off, and as I was keeping my eyes to the ground to hopefully not damage anything about 5m away I spotted the single Sub in pic #3, nestled between several of those orange ones.

Left them all to get bigger, so will check back again and hope no-one else discovers them in the meantime, but things look promising this year - fingers crossed, anyway!

InvisibleTrossington
Stranger

Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: Oneirowalker] * 1
    #27766708 - 05/06/22 10:51 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

The orangey capped ones are likely L Ceres. I always find subs near those guys.

Subs are great at camouflage with their caramelly brown coloured tops in dried leafy litter like in your photos. It certainly pays to slow down, stop and get to ground level for them to suddenly appear. Good eagle eyeing!

That's some intense blueing in that split capped sub. Practically no brown visible.

And the second photo looks like it's gonna be a sweet cluster when they mature:evil2: would love to see a photo of them after your next visit.

Hope your patience pays off and they remain waiting for you to be picked :smile2:

InvisibleFrosty_SUBZ
Mushroom Chomper
I'm a teapot

Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: Trossington]
    #27766807 - 05/07/22 01:35 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Finally got a chance to go check my patches this afternoon and all were full of subs! None of the dryer wordy patches yet that are in parks so I’ll be interested to see when those pop up but seasons well and truly started now. Happy hunting everyone!

Offlineshroom-muser
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Victoria, Australia. Flag
Re: **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2022** -NO ID REQUESTS- [Re: discobean] * 1
    #27767510 - 05/07/22 03:30 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

discobean said:
First finds of the season this morning :smile: Had a lovely discussion with a woman who saw me taking photos and asked what was going on. After a great chat about Rupert Sheldrake and fungal intelligence she set off with a small handful excited for her first experience! I'm happy to know that my first finds of the year went to a curious  dog-walker who had the courage to reach out and connect :smile:

How absolutely lovely of you to give both information and mushrooms! As a new hunter, May I be so lucky to meet someone like you when I’m out and about scoping. Xx

--------------------
::coffee::cat:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract