Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
how strong is my salvia extract, extracted 91g yeilded .5g
    #2775325 - 06/08/04 06:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i extracted 91 grams of mexico grown salvia (which i can say had a higher salvinorin content than any other dry leaf i have smoked) with isoproponal alcahol ad naptha following this extacrion guide link .

i made a few modifications though i think i should mention. for removal of the tannin, i used a sep funnel instead of the pryex pan method.

instead of extracting the dry leaf for 5 minutes with isoproponal i did it for 10 while vigorusly shaking. repeated 6x

and i did 10 naptha washes instead of 7

now i have .5 gram of green extract yeilded from this extraction, and i can see crystals sparkling in it when i look at it.

my question is how strong is it, and how do i make an ethanol(prefered) or DMSO tincture with it. and how much can i make?

also how do i go about preserving the extract, are there any special things that ned to be done, i.e. keep it in the dark? oxygen free enviornment? is it heat sensitive?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
Re: how strong is my salvia extract, extracted 91g yeilded .5g [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2775342 - 06/08/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

About a x182 extract (91 divide by 0.5) =182

But idid extraction and i got something like x 20 and it was not leaf but black wax. (4 washs of naptha) i let the naptha evorporate and ended up with lots of tanin? but it was potent.

--------------------
DO what I Would

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: how strong is my salvia extract, extracted 91g yeilded .5g [Re: Remut]
    #2775357 - 06/08/04 06:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well thats at a 100% extraction, and i would think it would be around 80% whoch would be 144x, so how much tincture can i make?

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: how strong is my salvia extract, extracted 91g yeilded .5g [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2775364 - 06/08/04 06:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i could also estimate 3.0mg/g of salvinorin x 91 grams
.003g/g x 91grams= .273g salvinorin at 80% yeild would be 0.2184g salvinorin

so how mumch tincture can i make?

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: how strong is my salvia extract, extracted 91g yeilded . [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2776818 - 06/09/04 03:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

think of how many doses you would have of plain leaf, then multiply it by .8 (to know how much is 80% of it, to match the efficiency of your extraction), finding this number you'll have a good idea of how many doses you have in your oil/tincture...

FH

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: how strong is my salvia extract, extracted 91g yeilded . [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2777017 - 06/09/04 05:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

from the work you have done your .5 gram sounds like 460 -480 milligrams of salvinorin (green tint is minor contaminant)
save a portion (1/2?)
use the rest for your elixir.
DMSO (70% from dr. jacob's on the internet) is good but makes your breath stink a bit.
it burns much less than alcohol, and absorbs more than alcohol.
what ever you mix your salvinorin with, remember the total amount and compute what your milligram dose is as the moment.
sublingual effects don't really start until ~2 milligrams, and IMO they are not interesting until ~7 or 8 milligrams.(i.e. ten times the smoked amount for sure - but it lasts longer)
you can swallow when tired of holding.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden