Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Authenticity * 1
    #27750396 - 04/25/22 08:53 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Is there a difference between authenticity and rigidity? I think so. But I also think that it is difficult to see at times.

If someone sees something different than us, it is authentic to disagree. If during that disagreement nothing changes, have both sides therefore remained authentic?

What do you think? Is there a difference between authenticity and rigidity? What does it mean to be authentic?

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Authenticity [Re: Kickle] * 1
    #27750415 - 04/25/22 09:11 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Authenticity seems to have something to do with not comparing one's self to others. In a different vein both authenticity and rigidity could be characterized as "not caring what other people think".

So, careless or carefree?

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Authenticity [Re: Rahz]
    #27750425 - 04/25/22 09:23 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

That's an excellent answer imo!

Do you think it's enough to not care what others think? Or does this also include not caring what oneself thinks?

--------------------

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Authenticity [Re: Rahz] * 1
    #27750470 - 04/25/22 10:08 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:

So, careless or carefree?

awesome!

I think we can about other people's feelings and reactions without being totally invested in them. And I do believe that's wise to do for ourselves.

it's wise to take others and ourselves less seriously

I like to call my views (and others) "opinion fluff" in an attempt to make it carry less weight

InvisibleTheConfluence
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Authenticity [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #27750483 - 04/25/22 10:18 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

If one is rigid... Authentically... Sure.

Authenticity is an internal self perception moreso than it is a perception of others.

Authenticity is a byproduct of a strict adherence to ones internally held knowledge of self. It does not rely upon any external influence. Authenticity is a measurement of that adhearance.

--------------------
When two people dream the same dream, it ceases to be an illusion.

Philip K. Dick
Lies, Inc. (1984)

Edited by TheConfluence (04/25/22 10:23 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Authenticity [Re: TheConfluence] * 1
    #27750632 - 04/25/22 12:51 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I was having a conversation with my wife in the car about
a photo I saw in Guardian (scroll down to macedonian religious photo) https://www.theguardian.com/news/gallery/2022/apr/24/brazils-carnivals-and-orthodox-easter-the-weekends-best-photos

and although I am not formal-religion oriented, and am generally against organized religion of any kind as  well as tribal identity, both as largely non-functional and unauthentic in the modern world I found what was happening in this photo deeply charming and authentic.

sure it is staged, and I think that is what it is authentically, a staging of a ritual that had the same outfits, the same paraphernalia and the same number of players with possibly even the same hair as it has been for the last 800 years or so.

I found the authenticity a thing of value, a trueness to the idea of ancestry (not tribalism, but lineage - a transmission of duty and responsibility), and that is beautiful. I am sure there are many things that those symbolic implements and costumes may represent that I do not agree with but I totally agree with accepting a heritage and being part of that pageant in an authentic way.

Orthodox is not my family religion, and I am not really talking about religions, I am just talking about authenticity and how it either works or fails to have anything to offer. When it works you know people have cared about it for a long time.

rigidity on the other hand is an effort to be the mountain, it blocks, it does not move, it does not care.
we do see a lot of rigidity in the same kind of situation as this photo seems to depict, but I do not see it in this case, rather it reeks of honesty and poetry, but maybe a bit too serious and solemn (which does go with rigidity) - oh well....

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Authenticity [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27751654 - 04/26/22 06:45 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I'm into all these responses. I wonder if authenticity can also be understood by examining it's inverse.

Is inauthenticity anything more than a thought? I liked what TheConfluence said about the way rigidness can be authentic. Can the argument be made that anything that emerges is an authentic emergence? And it's only our thoughts about what emerges that creates the sensation of something being inauthentic? Drop such thoughts and...?

Does it make sense to look back at ones life as anything other than an authentic expression of who we are? To red's point here, there is a lineage one can see in the movements. A practiced hand being played. And when standing on new ground, is it anything other than doubt to think our movements represent other than authentic efforts?

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Authenticity [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #27751666 - 04/26/22 06:57 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
I like to call my views (and others) "opinion fluff" in an attempt to make it carry less weight

Makes me think of clouds in the sky. A very nice visual reminder :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Authenticity [Re: Kickle] * 1
    #27751760 - 04/26/22 08:10 AM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
That's an excellent answer imo!

Do you think it's enough to not care what others think? Or does this also include not caring what oneself thinks?

A careless person doesn't care or assume weight to the consequences of their actions. A carefree person is less likely to experience negative consequence... perhaps because they do care and consider their actions. While it may seem a contradiction, if a careful person is able to avoid actions that might produce negative consequence they are free to be unconcerned (free of care).

I think though that carefree denotes someone who doesn't need to put much time in their thoughts because they aren't complicated.

So perhaps my thoughts on the subject seem to be straying off the topic of rigidity. A rigid person may not be as able to consider other points of view, finding the distaste reason enough to halt the exploratory process. Someone who is authentic might be able to consider another view and accept or reject based on their values, experiences, reason, and be able to articulate their stance without resorting to feelings, one of which may be the need to fit in or accommodate.

Interesting topic.

--------------------
rahz

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#27752250 - 04/26/22 02:53 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I guess I went for the timeless authenticity, which is clearly just a sub class.
i.e. authentic in terms of timeframe without changing it's integrity, so still authentic after a long time of being the same as it was, not possibly a counterfeit as it were, by virtue of its legacy.

then I guess there is the congenial authenticity, and other kinds of authenticated representations of value that is not substituted.

is lying when you substitute and authentic expression with a fake? a misrepresentation of the authentic, or an authentic misrepresentation?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #27752367 - 04/26/22 04:17 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:

I think though that carefree denotes someone who doesn't need to put much time in their thoughts because they aren't complicated.

That's an interesting point.

*silly remark alert*

Can I be authentic in my rigidity?

Can I be rigid about my authenticity?

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Authenticity [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #27752421 - 04/26/22 04:58 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I can see rigidity being authentic at times or on subjects, but if rigidity is applied to authenticity it doesn't make it more authentic, potentially less perhaps. And yet in a creative sense there generally is a space of fluid authenticity that takes form and becomes rigid. All procedures began as inspired ideas. Musicians sometimes say their songs are always works in progress. I see some truth in that, but this could be the general finesse that comes with decades of practice.

--------------------
rahz

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder