Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

When you’re heroes let you down
    #27648977 - 02/06/22 11:13 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I was a big follower of Joe Rogan, but I don’t think I can keep following him after he platformed known misinformationists like Dr Malone and Dr Macollough.  Neil Young is standing up against the misinformation they’re spewing and I respect him for that.  He put his career on the line and is now leading a movement.  Big props to him! 

Back to Joe, he used the n word too so unfortunately I’m not going to listen to him anymore.  He hung around Alex Jones a bit too much I think. 

What do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #1] * 2
    #27648987 - 02/06/22 11:35 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Joe Rogan is awesome, and I'm tired of people having such thin skin that they refuse to even allow someone to have a show online unless they're as pure and clean as the freshly driven snow.

So Joe Rogan has some crazy people on his show sometimes, so what? That's awesome actually. I'm glad he has such a diverse array of guests including all sorts of crazy people, super smart people, famous people, and everything inbetween. That's one of the things that makes his show so awesome. I don't believe in building walled garden echo chambers where you never hear from people who are wrong or have bad ideas. I genuinely believe in the freedom of speech and the free marketplace of ideas.

So Joe said some racist stuff, well so have probably at least 70% of Americans (of all races) at some point in their lives, so no surprise there. He sure as should try to be less racist and everything, but to condemn him for making a mistake that has been made by the majority of Americans is stupid. This should be a learning experience for him, not a banning experience. You can't just ban your way to a less racist society. You have to actually change people, and try to make them less racist, not just shut them up.

Joe Rogan has platformed 100x as many awesome amazing people with good ideas as he has shitty people with bad ideas. If you do 100 good things and 1 bad things, that's called life. Nobody's perfect ffs.

Neil Young's music sucks anyway, not surprised he's a pussy.

Anonymous #3

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #27648992 - 02/06/22 11:41 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Rogan 2024

Anonymous #4

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #27648996 - 02/06/22 11:51 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Neil young might be a pussy, but only because it's a big part of his diet. He has been thru a lot, from an early age. Countless numbers of hours countless humans have spent giving and/or receiving oral sex to his music.

He's a little spacey and may or may not be Mickey mouse, but Neil's a complete and total bad ass, and is still making great music.

Like, an astronomical number, and while I have no way of being certain, I'm pretty sure your mom figures into that equation somehow.

Rogan was born to host though, the haters can blow us all.

Anonymous #5

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #4] * 2
    #27649106 - 02/07/22 03:52 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

If you actually listen to the Malone and McCollough interviews they both present good cases with tons of verifiable data. The problem is, most people aren't willing to actually do the work to look at the actual data they present and just blindly spout what they're told and label them as "misinformationists". Lol what a joke, they couldn't be more accredited and qualified to speak on the topic.

Keep allowing yourself to be spoonfed actual misinformation and dont think for yourself... It's easier :rolleyes:

Anonymous #6

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #5] * 2
    #27649212 - 02/07/22 07:16 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I don't like the DOCTORS info!

:cry:

Thank god the artist agrees with me!

Joe rogan deserves NO money, he only draws in millions of eyeballs a week to his platform/videos.  No value there am I right?

:douchewink:

This touched a nerve for me, we live in AMERICA.  How can you be against somebody being entertaining to others, even if you don't agree with that "group"?

Edited by Anonymous (02/07/22 07:16 AM)

Anonymous #6

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #6] * 5
    #27649215 - 02/07/22 07:17 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

This thread would be funny if it wasn't so sad

Anonymous #7

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #6] * 2
    #27649237 - 02/07/22 07:47 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Rogan is a idiot and since moving to Austin his shows have far less opinions from both sides then before. I no longer watch UFC because of Rogan now just can't support him. That being said it's his show he can have whoever he wants, and discuss what he wants.

I don't like the guy, but believe in free speech for all. So not going to shame him for that, or ask for his removal. He does need to understand he has a massive influence on a lot of people, and that comes with responsibility.

Anonymous #5

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #7] * 2
    #27649279 - 02/07/22 08:36 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I just find it ironic that musicians that spent their careers promoting truth about corporations like monsanto poisoning our food now are the biggest proponents of censorship.

Anonymous #7

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #27649314 - 02/07/22 09:13 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

there just old and bitter is all :smile: really unless your a 70's child who listens to neil anyway or the others that dropped spotify.

Anonymous #8

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #7] * 2
    #27649862 - 02/07/22 06:04 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I think you need to turn off the fucking tv and stop idolizing these ‘people’.
I don’t need a ‘leader’, I just need a pack of smokes and gas for my car and I’ll have a successful day. I mean, right?

Anonymous #7

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #27649906 - 02/07/22 06:52 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

:whathesaid:

Anonymous #4

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #27649930 - 02/07/22 07:12 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah but do you really NEED that pack of smokes? They don't even get you high...

Anonymous #5

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #27650340 - 02/08/22 02:08 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah but they make you look more like a rebel.

Anonymous #8

#27650368 - 02/08/22 03:13 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Ya if you drink coffee everyday and have an unlucky unexpected no coffee day it sucks. Ya gatta moderate stuff.
Smoke work very well for me as long as I don’t smoke too often. I love smokes they work. They kept me off booze.
You know what is bad, not having a leader. I like the trend of only having to choose from goons and demons. Cuz if you don’t choose, well I guess nothing happens to you. Don’t choose, let them choose for you n let them do whatever they want. They’ll live in your head.

Anonymous #9

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #5] * 1
    #27744250 - 04/20/22 07:55 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #5 said:
If you actually listen to the Malone and McCollough interviews they both present good cases with tons of verifiable data. The problem is, most people aren't willing to actually do the work to look at the actual data they present and just blindly spout what they're told and label them as "misinformationists". 

I like how the left (well the right does it too I guess) catches onto these buzzwords and just starts parroting them. The left is significantly worse and more insufferable about it though. Once the word or phrase picks up steam then it just snowballs and they all use it. Their media, their politicians, themselves. They just repeat the same buzzwords and buzz-phrases over and over until something new comes along.

Now if someone says anything that they disagree with, you're spreading "misinformation", and they want you silenced. They won't even let someone they disagree with come to their college campuses to speak without throwing tantrums. They don't even want someone stepping foot on their own campus that dares has a differing viewpoint.

They talk about fascism all the time (another favorite buzzword of theirs), but these days they're the real fascists. Fascism is authoritarian, characterized by dictatorial power. Forcible suppression of opposition. Strong regimentation of society.

This is them now.

They want complete dominance and total control. Disagree with them? They want you totally suppressed out of society. Some of them even openly talk about "re-education camps". If it were up to them they'd be straight up dictators (and they're certainly trying their best to accomplish that) over anyone whom dares oppose them. They want total control over the media. They want total control over judges. What's taught in school at all levels. They want total control over it all.

Maybe once upon a time perhaps, republicans were actually the fascists. But today it's the liberal left.

Anonymous #10

Re: When you’re heroes let you down *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #27744258 - 04/20/22 08:02 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Anonymous

Reason for deletion: Shroomery is full of bigots and I'm leaving.

Anonymous #11

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #27744778 - 04/21/22 07:09 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

My biggest beef with him is he does not address the wolf situation in the northern rockies and he certainly has the platform and audience to do so...then he brings redneck dipshits on who claim to have gotten tree'd by wolves.

Anonymous #5

Re: When you’re heroes let you down [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #27745436 - 04/21/22 03:39 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

He's an interviewer, and a good one at that, why the need to judge him and his opinions so harshly?

If you don't like him don't listen to his show and move on with your life, don't people have better things to do than criticize public figures on the internet? :rolleyes:

Anonymous #9

#27745585 - 04/21/22 05:25 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #5 said:
He's an interviewer, and a good one at that, why the need to judge him and his opinions so harshly?

If you don't like him don't listen to his show and move on with your life, don't people have better things to do than criticize public figures on the internet? :rolleyes:

My guess is, even though they may not admit this, that their hatred of him is directly related to politics. He is very open about stances that they vehemently disagree with. So they hate him. You can feel some of them seething through their posts. It's not just average indifference. A lot of them genuinely dislike him now, and it started when he went open with beliefs that are against what they believe.

They wanted him thrown off Spotify, and when that didn't happen, now all they have left is to call him names and attack him on message boards and social media platforms.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals