Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTrancedOutBrah
Stranger
 User Gallery

Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like?
    #27742700 - 04/19/22 08:23 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

What does the peak of humanity look like? What is that experience? What is perfection of both human body, mind, spirit and the connection with nature and all around it.

What does that feel like?

What do you think it feels like?

Do you think it's comfortable? Do you think it's uncomfortable?

--------------------
Lead by example, words mean little when your actions don't reflect what you say.

Spread kindness, love, empathy, compassion.

Learn from mistakes. Try and do better. Each day is a new day, try to make it a better one.

Coconut and Avocado is awesome for the skin.

MIND OVER MATTER

:mushroom2::lsd:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: TrancedOutBrah] * 1
    #27742816 - 04/19/22 09:28 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

sounds extreme, I like a more middle road, maybe check out Martian Manhunter

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleNillion
Nobody

Loc: Terra Firma
Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: TrancedOutBrah]
    #27742881 - 04/19/22 10:36 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TrancedOutBrah said:
What does the peak of humanity look like? What is that experience? What is perfection of both human body, mind, spirit and the connection with nature and all around it.

An infant.

OfflineTrancedOutBrah
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27742895 - 04/19/22 10:46 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
sounds extreme, I like a more middle road, maybe check out Martian Manhunter

I lived a complacent life for 11 years letting myself go, rot, mental health deteriorate. In my Teens I was very competitve in Tennis, in swimming, I weight lifted and used kettlebells, went biking. I was fully into it. Shit hit the fan for so many different reasons and... well, life got in the way.

I have finally found myself again after 11 years, found my fitness again, found eating healthy, getting outside, getting some sun, getting walks, stretching, breathing exercises, pushing myself physically and mentally through exercise, through love, making conscious effort to be better on a daily basis. Sleep has never come so easy, I'm always so exhausted by the end of the day, I'm out within 5 minutes of laying down.

The thought runs into my mind, "What would a perfect me look like?"

I don't know that I'll ever come close to what I have in my mind.... but I'm going to do my damnest to try to reach it.

I don't want to live an easy life anymore.

I want to go hard, live hard, play hard, love hard.... and I will die easy, and the rest will be welcomed.

I'm not talking about fiction... I am talking about what a realistic "perfect" human being is like... and what would that truly look and feel like?

--------------------
Lead by example, words mean little when your actions don't reflect what you say.

Learn from mistakes. Try and do better. Each day is a new day, try to make it a better one.

MIND OVER MATTER

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: TrancedOutBrah] * 2
    #27743048 - 04/20/22 02:08 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

'Platitudes and cliches',

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

InvisibleNillion
Nobody

Loc: Terra Firma
Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: TrancedOutBrah] * 2
    #27743093 - 04/20/22 04:58 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I hate to sound cliche but perfection is such an abstract ideal that most people are going to have their own idea of what it means to them, so I suspect that doing your best is the most perfect thing you can do.

That being said, I have no idea what perfection is or if it is even possible, but if you do your best that does seem perfect to me.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: sudly]
    #27743251 - 04/20/22 08:05 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
'Platitudes and cliches',

This
P.s. what a fun surprise when quoting and I saw how long the image link is :lol:

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflineTrancedOutBrah
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: Kickle]
    #27743735 - 04/20/22 02:18 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Perfection might be abstract, but trying to get close to it is not abstract.

There is a physical limit on how much you can train your body to lift, how much you can train your body to walk, to run, to sprint as fast as humanely possible. You can train your body's cardiovascular/circulatory system to be able to endure extreme heat and extreme cold by having an extremely strong heart that can pump blood as fast and hard as it needs and when you are resting your body will naturally have better circulation and be able to deal with outside stress/factors more easier than someone who does not train.

You can do breathing exercises to both increase your lung capacity and your ability to deliver oxygen both efficiently and/or in extreme circumstances provides a burst of strength that no normal human being could possibly perform because they cannot provide their muscles enough oxygen in time.

ex:
Usain bolt, for example, is the fastest man in the world, truly the current peak of pure speed

ex 2:
Wim Hof per the wiki:
He has set Guinness World Records for swimming under ice and prolonged full-body contact with ice, and previously held the record for a barefoot half marathon on ice and snow. He attributes these feats to his Wim Hof Method (WHM), a combination of frequent cold exposure, breathing techniques, yoga and meditation

The average human being couldn't even last 5 minutes out there, let alone run half a marathon barefoot on ice/snow.

ex 3:
The longest race ever staged was the 1929 trans-continental race from New York City to Los Angeles, California, USA of 5,850 km (3,635 miles). The Finnish-born Johnny Salo (1893-1931) was the winner in 1929 in 79 days, from 31 March to 17 June. His elapsed time of 525 hr 57 min 20 sec (averaging 11.12 km/h (6.91mph)) left him only 2 min 47 sec ahead of Englishman Pietro `Peter' Gavuzzi (1905-81).

There is a limit to intelligence, how much you can learn, how much you can retain information, how much memories you keep, store and remember in both the short and long term. Age will deteriorate all of these things naturally until you either fall into dementia or die, whichever comes first. You can practice certain things to help increase your memory capacity, your ability to multi task, organize.... but there is always a limit.

Perfection will never exist, but you can always try to be the best that you can possibly be. That is not abstract, that is real and there are multiple examples of human beings pushing the limits of humanity.

--------------------

MIND OVER MATTER

Edited by TrancedOutBrah (04/20/22 02:24 PM)

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: TrancedOutBrah]
    #27743749 - 04/20/22 02:25 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Best is relative, temporary, and also inherently creates a worst.

I think seeking perfection in a different way is preferable. But that's just me. Taking care of myself is good enough, even if I'm not the best in any way.

--------------------

OfflineTrancedOutBrah
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: Kickle]
    #27743751 - 04/20/22 02:26 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Think self-perfection then. Don't think about others. We are all different, there's no reason to compare each other's perfection, because we are all genetically different.

What does a perfect "YOU" look like?

--------------------

MIND OVER MATTER

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: TrancedOutBrah] * 1
    #27743758 - 04/20/22 02:31 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Like the one I see now. For what it's worth I haven't been sick in a long time. And the last time I can remember being sick was when I was pushing myself too hard to try to get somewhere else.

I think I'm perfect as I am now and I am more in tune with my flow as a result.

--------------------

Invisibleredcrow

#27743786 - 04/20/22 02:50 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Records are made to be broken. I think "perfection" is the mortal enemy of improvement and innovation. Pick an area of concern, do what you can to make it better, lather rinse repeat.

Meantime, given what our species had done and continues to do to this planet, it may be entirely moot.

Edited by redcrow (04/20/22 02:52 PM)

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: redcrow]
    #27743802 - 04/20/22 02:58 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Yeah I agree. It's all in what you're after. If you feel perfect already you are unlikely to push to be the best in any certain way. If you feel there is something out there that will complete you, go ahead and push for it.

Life will support it as long as it can. But life does have limits too and if it gets pushed too hard don't be surprised if it pushes back.

--------------------

OfflineTrancedOutBrah
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27743811 - 04/20/22 03:01 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Why pick one area?

Variety is the spice of life.

Leonardo da Vinci inspires me to do more and to try out all kinds of new things. The more I learn about what he accomplished back then, the more impressed I am.

At the end of the day, I just want to try to be a little bit better today than I was yesterday if you really want to simplify my idea.

--------------------

MIND OVER MATTER

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#27743815 - 04/20/22 03:05 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TrancedOutBrah said:
At the end of the day, I just want to try to be a little bit better today than I was yesterday if you really want to simplify my idea.

I think that's real good. I think you are at the pinnacle of that movement :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleredcrow

#27743836 - 04/20/22 03:22 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
Life will support it as long as it can. But life does have limits too and if it gets pushed too hard don't be surprised if it pushes back.

You're preaching to the choir :smile: When you've reached an age where you can by light bulbs that have a greater life expectancy than you, those limits can be a bit annoying. But still, to strive is to stay alive.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: redcrow]
    #27743847 - 04/20/22 03:31 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Yeah that's probably true. I've felt like the walking dead as of late. No striving and all that goes with it. Yet, life continues striving without me. It's been an adjustment in perspective for sure.

--------------------

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #27743972 - 04/20/22 05:16 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TrancedOutBrah said:

What does a perfect "YOU" look like?

For me, it is the total abandonment of the yearning for perfection. I'm a long-term recovering perfectionist.

When perfectionism is driving us, shame is always riding shotgun and fear is the backseat driver.”

Brené Brown

Offlinesowelu
Stranger

Re: Reaching the peak, reaching perfection, what does that look like, feel like? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #27743999 - 04/20/22 05:30 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

the fifth element, neo⁷? Well first your hair is light colored, and then so are your eyes and your skin is golden. this is a backwards ass world where caramel is considered gold. Then you can move at the speed of light. And youre filthy ncr rich. You never fear or hurt anything. the datkness surrounds you, the stars are a highway grid for the supersaiyans to war for. You drink synthetic morphine blood and fall for the darknesses pranks. But secretly you hate darkness.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#27744080 - 04/20/22 06:11 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TrancedOutBrah said:
Why pick one area?

Variety is the spice of life.

Leonardo da Vinci inspires me to do more and to try out all kinds of new things. The more I learn about what he accomplished back then, the more impressed I am.

leonardo !!!
good model

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates