Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
slow colonization means slow pinning/fruiting?
    #2773099 - 06/07/04 11:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

my cake took forever to colonize, forever to pin, and forever to finally fruit. does slow colonization mean all other stages will be slow, or i'm just not doing it right?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: slow colonization means slow pinning/fruiting? [Re: wds]
    #2773110 - 06/07/04 11:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well i've had jars colonize realy slow due to no incubator (took 6 weeks) and took about a week and a half to pin. But had jars colonize in 9 days with an incubator and take a week and a half to pin still. I'd say theres no connection but thats just from my experiance.

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: slow colonization means slow pinning/fruiting? [Re: Cloud9]
    #2773347 - 06/08/04 12:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Probably has nothing to do with how long it took to incubate due to your particular incubation method. i.e. if you incubated at 75 degrees thus taking 6 weeks but fruited under i deal conditions, I don't think the long incubation would affect the fruiting time at all. However, long incubation could cause mycelium to be drier, thus requiring some sort of rehydration (dunking) to maximize yields.

Every strain is SLIGHTLY different....incubation and fruiting times are probably more strain specific, although the differences are pretty minimal.

I think in your case, you need to look at your incubation and fruiting environment. For the incubator, do you have it at a constant 85 degrees or so? For fruiting, 75 degrees? Is humidity constant (as it should be around 80-90%) or does go up and down a lot, based on however you maintain humidity? I've found that legal mushrooms tend to fruit fine between 70 and 80 degrees, and humidity is usually the problem there...incubation though is pretty picky if it isn't at a good temp.

I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation