Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesensi

Loc: MushroOmKingdoM
what if...
    #2773072 - 06/07/04 10:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

a person was on an insane level of meditation and they took some acid? hmmmm....

--------------------
Live in your own reality. Sorround yourself with positivity while being aware of the darkness. The heaven so many people are in search of is much closer than they believe. Its a state of mind. Its not about reaching a destination becuase there is no destination, its an infinite, exponential journey.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: what if... [Re: sensi]
    #2773101 - 06/07/04 11:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

um.....what do you mean??  insane level??  be a little more specific here!  :wink:

so like what if someone meditated for 8 hours straight and then took some acid, i think that would be a wild ride...but what does this have to do with S&P?  what's the point of your post?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2773113 - 06/07/04 11:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sensi said:
a person was on an insane level of meditation and they took some acid? hmmmm....

I think they'd probably trip.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinesensi

Re: what if... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2773115 - 06/07/04 11:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

meditating is spiritual...

--------------------
Live in your own reality. Sorround yourself with positivity while being aware of the darkness. The heaven so many people are in search of is much closer than they believe. Its a state of mind. Its not about reaching a destination becuase there is no destination, its an infinite, exponential journey.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2773125 - 06/07/04 11:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sensi said:
meditating is spiritual...

Explain

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2773149 - 06/07/04 11:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Meditation itself is enough of a trip, but this question does not address many key issues involved. Is the person an experienced meditator? Is the person an experienced tripper? How far into meditation are they?

Assuming they've tripped before, and are an experienced meditator, and have been meditating for at least a few hours, they will start off the trip with a quieted mind, and soon the layers of reality will begin to unfold before them and they will be encompassed in a perfect sphere of Oneness.

Or maybe they'll go insane and start killing people. Who knows? While the first possibility is more likely, anything can happen. Meditation, while it helps ensure a better, more introspective and enlightening trip, will not guarantee one, especially if one has deep-seated psychological issues that they will encounter while exploring deeper into meditation. Depends on the dose of acid too- I would love to see an experienced meditation guru take a thumbprint of acid while meditating and see how long they can hold their meditation before ego loss, if they pass out and fall back or can maintain their position, etc.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinesensi

Re: what if... [Re: Ravus]
    #2773188 - 06/07/04 11:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

correction- meditation can be spiritual, or it can simply be a way to reduce stress...

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2773232 - 06/07/04 11:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yeah I think meditation is spiritual, but to me anyone can say anything is spiritual.

I was just wondering what was the correlation between meditation and acid. I was wondering what your viewpoint was, to me the more ideas the better.

Ravus did a wonderful job of that! thank you!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2773513 - 06/08/04 01:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It usually seems that people start meditating because of the latter, and then the meditation ends up being the former as they become better at it...

An experienced meditator will usually have a more spiritual meditation. It will of course be relaxing, but it will also be a way to release all negative thoughts and energy. Not to mention that you'd be on acid anyway- that could make trying to heat a marshmellow over a fire spiritual if you have the right mindset

Though I don't like to separate meditation into spiritual or reducing stress, because when one learns to meditate deeply the meditation can easily become both of these

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2773821 - 06/08/04 03:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

a person was on an insane level of meditation

Meditation done properly and diligently will make a person MORE sane.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology