Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Change and Our Past
    #2772495 - 06/07/04 07:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Do many people have regrets about things in their past? I sure do, there are many past situations that I wished happened differently and cases where I could have done better myself.

So how should one react to the things he regrets? I am looking for a positive phiposophy.

On one side, it is a good idea to live in the present, try to make the best of the situation and look happily into the future. It seems almost easy to say "I am not the bad person who made a mistake then, I will do much better now" and try to ignore the "darker" sides of one's life. People tend to remember only the best parts of life after years past, or so they say.

But on the other hand, we were that "worse" person in the past. If one understands quite well why he did what he did he may certainly become a better and stronger person now. We might as well accept all our sides to be a harmoniuous person.

Many psychological schools discuss this topic. Opinions range from the darker tones where our childhood and past memories have made us, with all our weaknesses and issues. A good analysis of our past is the key to our present.

Other, more humanistic sounding theories say we people are what we make of ourselves now, we may be even a rather different person altogether, and no events from the past have the power to stop us.

I don't have particular traumas which I would like to dispell, I am just thinking in general what could have been better. My philosopy is that I have the power to change everything now for the better, but I wonder what to think of my past, of the situations I think I fucked up and feel sorry for.

I wonder whether I should explore this while on mushrooms. They sometimes give me the feeling that I could dig deeply in my past and analyze it perfectly if I wanted to, but I don't know if I should.

So, what do you think about this, what can be the best way to deal with this? And is there a best way at all?
Peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Change and Our Past [Re: gotmagog]
    #2773226 - 06/07/04 11:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

great post!  :thumbup:

i think your last statement if is there a best way at all nails it on the head, but sharing ideas helps, sharing is caring after all :grin:

the more i think about the past or the future, the more I'm not focused on enjoying and seeing everything right now.  we can never control what happens half of the time in the external world.  we know this through common sense because life gives to us, and it also takes away.  From here an idea arises that it is utterly futile to depend on what happens in the external reality for your happiness, since the world isn't going to give it to you half of the time.  furthermore, we waste energy and enjoyment the more we try to control the situations and the people around us to fit our emotional backed demands. sure we may get flashes of pleasure, but not happiness or bliss.  furthermore, if we are contantly judging and thinkhng about what could have been, we spend much less time doing.  action is much better and much more fulfilling IMHO.

to me when I judge (this means saying something is good or bad) this lessens how efficient I could be in getting myself to be happy and doing what I need to get doing now.   

unconditionally love everyone, including yourself.  this means to accept yourself and the people around you and love them and yourself for no other reason but because we/you are here.  love doesn't have any conditions, and to put conditions on it would undermind love, would you agree with this?

you can look into the past and judge yourself and others...but does this ever really help?  yes learn from your past, but don't dwell on it.  Just keep going,.  if you can do something now, then do it, but don't make yourself feel uncomfortable.  even if you are jsut taking first steps towards achiving a goal, don't feel sorry or view that you fucked up.  you jsut did what you had to do at the time, accept it and move on.  love yourself, unconditionally.

calm the restless scanning of your mind.  enjoy the silence :wink:, there is deep peace in there.  use the mushrooms to see what tru silence of t he mind can be like...it's like an image of what could be.  use the mushrooms to enjoy and be fascinated with every aspect of the world around you, because there is a lot here to be enjoyed.  calming the mind will allow you to view the finer energies and and see the world in a much more magical viewpoint. 

this is just a little of my philosophy though.  i don't think i have ever had a good time on mushrooms if I'mn judging my past, myself, people, or the world around me. use the mushrooms to find quiet and then bask in the glory of bliss. 

jsut a point of view  :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology