Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Rahz]
    #27720829 - 04/04/22 12:41 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Well I've weighed much of that too. I also think that energetic expression in the context of the universe is quite mysterious. A best case look for me reveals causes/conditions resulting in outcomes. How did causes/conditions start? If there is a primary cause, how can that be? Will causes/conditions end? Are there cosmic patterns I'm utterly unaware of? Are there energetic phenomena we haven't even begun to explore? Why can I experience some of the energetic expressions that I have? I can't explain them.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesyncro
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27720836 - 04/04/22 12:54 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Consciousness can picture its end, sort of(?), but it's there doing it.

Offlinesyncro
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: syncro] * 1
    #27720854 - 04/04/22 01:16 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Yogic teachers talk about the presence of consciousness never leaving. This would be obvious with waking and dream states. But they also argue that consciousness is present in deep sleep - what is lacking is memory. Yet meditations can become quite akin to deep sleep I think, while awake. That constant wakefulness through the states of waking, dreaming, and sleeping is called turiya, and the implication I think would be that if it is beyond the waking state, it is beyond the body and its death..

Just sharing the concept. Only our experience can verify, and that still cannot verify it for others, and as well we may be mistaken.

It's hard to believe, for me, in the profound extent of energy and experience in the spiritual works throughout the ages that it is mistaken.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: syncro]
    #27720856 - 04/04/22 01:19 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

That what exactly could be mistaken? That there is something beyond physical life/death?

--------------------

Offlinelightinsideoflight
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Kickle]
    #27720862 - 04/04/22 01:23 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

I took a blue star e pill, and some blue adderall. I was infinity feet tall with galaxies all around me. A blue african man was there, and an invisible presence. Like the blue african man was trying to compete with the invisible presence above his head. I think death is psychedelics. Like, death is becoming god. Transmutation of the flesh into diamond light, supreme magic. I have been inside the sun too, etcetera.

Offlinesyncro
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Kickle] * 1
    #27720873 - 04/04/22 01:29 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Yes, mistaken about immortality of being as it were.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#27720900 - 04/04/22 01:48 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

I mean I can conceive of consciousness without usable energy. It conceptually appears like empty space to me. And yes, I can imagine that existence like a deep sleep. Or maybe like the release of no longer usable energy.

I actually do think my deep sleep is a release of no longer usable energy. And if I don't get deep sleep, it leads to much more fatigue as that spent energy doesn't get that release. And yes, a deep meditation similarly.

So yeah, I cherish deep sleep. And it's a possibility. But I don't share any certainty about it. A great many narratives can be conceived of that fit with what we see.

--------------------

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: John]
    #27720909 - 04/04/22 01:56 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

When you die, there's nothing after death. It's just your addiction-wired brain that makes you fear losing all those things you enjoy/are addicted to, that's why shrooms help people stop fearing death because shrooms and psychedelics and weed stop addiction.

What's after death is the same thing that was before, except you won't get born again. It's now even less believable that there's life after death because of the fact that people are letting the Earth die.

--------------------
No one knows who I am.
Therefore, I am not anyone.

Offlinesyncro
    #27720910 - 04/04/22 01:56 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

I am not great in discipline, but I'll say it for the teacher hitting us with a stick, practice!

The samadhis and bhavs and all that, if anything does, bring certainty.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#27720928 - 04/04/22 02:07 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

I sense you see this as confirmation but IMO being misled by our thoughts is a danger we all face. Not knowing is a fast way to allow reality to be as it is.

--------------------

Invisiblekreg
Shoebox Enthusiast+

Loc: sloosination🏳
    #27720995 - 04/04/22 03:03 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

syncro said:

but did the universe (and us in it) create itself?
Quote:

Yogic teachers talk about the presence of consciousness never leaving. 

i assume information from our conscience life being stored in the particles all the way in our bones for as long as they exist 💀

--------------------
:shineon: Do what thou wilt x Love is the law, love under will. :shineon:

stop being an offtopic pube, the weed forum is that way!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: kreg]
    #27721036 - 04/04/22 03:40 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

there is no personal information in our particles

what we are experiencing in sensation and perception are neuron activations (which become linked into associations),
and associated neuron activations (previously linked during experiences).

the linkages require living white matter, known as axons.

you can use schemes of information to describe all that but it is not information in situ, we are not information. we are not data. even if you remember a string of numbers, it is sequence memory at play, not data recording.

and when we are dust, we are not functional as we any longer.

but for now the sky is the limit and I would like my flying car already

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinesyncro
    #27721043 - 04/04/22 03:44 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
I sense you see this as confirmation but IMO being misled by our thoughts is a danger we all face. Not knowing is a fast way to allow reality to be as it is.

I agree that it should be experienced and not presumed, and that I know is not sufficient in language. But yes the unassuming witness, no doubt. The states are not thoughts though, more like energy, and void, as I think you know. Presumptions around them though, are that, as we presume there is a sky that appears blue, and that there is gravity. Those are pretty certain because of the comprehensiveness and continuity of the experience, yet those qualities come about in altered states.

If you are in an OBE, yet perception tends to be as comprehensive as in the bodily waking state, certainty can become competitive.

Offlinesyncro
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: kreg]
    #27721076 - 04/04/22 04:12 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

kreg said:
Quote:

syncro said:

but did the universe (and us in it) create itself?

I can only say what the big man says. How does it go, the void receptacle of mind is the creator, manifesting as thought moves within it. Trying to paraphrase Vasistha, yogic advaita.

In theory it can be verified as central to the teaching is that the world appearance ceases with movement of thought. Then cease movement of thought, attain proficiency in it.

I don't think this means like becoming a rock or a corpse, then not seeing the world as senses are dead, but that the nature of creation is seen through in its scale, riding the blue man's flying car in purified consciousness.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#27721088 - 04/04/22 04:20 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Hmm, I think you've somewhat highlighted a few things that I see as reasons for doubt.

Repeatable phenomena can feel very certain, until they aren't. And by that I am referring to impermanence. I can both experience the color of the sky and also recognize that it is transitory. Not just in the momentary changes, but also in regards to my human lifetime and then again on a cosmic scale. It seems to me that causes and conditions are not permanent.

So yes, I can lean on repeatability for support in taking my next steps. But I also really value being able to assess the merit of leaning on experience through a lens of impermanence.

--------------------

Offlinesyncro
    #27721099 - 04/04/22 04:32 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Agreed on impermanence. I guess that is all that's needed.

Saying though, if you perceive your body as light, for example, more or more profoundly than perceiving your body as flesh, you may tend to say you are light.

Edited by syncro (04/11/22 06:11 PM)

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#27721110 - 04/04/22 04:46 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

I guess? Beats me.

If I was experiencing myself as formless light, I'd blast off and explore somewhere else. No reason to stick around here just to watch the form die.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#27721182 - 04/04/22 05:25 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

as for the origin of the universe, I am partly following physics, but they do not claim to have it all straight yet, so I am behind in that as well, but it did happen a long time back leaving footprints in the sky so to speak, light-speed wise.

yes we will all die. and many of those who remain will wonder if it was good or bad or whatever. I do not think it will matter to us, and then it will happen to them, and so on.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27721195 - 04/04/22 05:37 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

Well something that hasn't happened yet in the natural history of Earth is a mass extinction of humans. And there is no reason that it cannot.

--------------------

Offlinepsilocybinmansions
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27721237 - 04/04/22 06:12 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

The universe seems to exist as a simulation or simulacrum. Formally the universe doesn't exist without a mind. It's like we're latched onto some kind of illusion before our eyes through consciousness. If you evolve a little, you will find you can switch the thing all over the place until you're not really sure the "external" is there at all, but the fact it is there, is baffling... Then the thing sort of knows you're onto it, so it starts to confuse you, to test you.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order