Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Kickle]
    #27717738 - 04/02/22 10:30 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

she's got a deal with the designer now.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27717795 - 04/02/22 11:14 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

:mib:

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Offlinepsilocybinmansions
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Kickle]
    #27718846 - 04/02/22 11:33 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

You just shrink into the mind and realise you were dreaming on that level, now you're dreaming on this level, and the room is markedly rearranged, or wherever you leave yourself...

There's nothing significant about dying in a cosmic sense. Maybe your non-spiritual, unenlightened family will suffer "loss" due to a misunderstanding.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: psilocybinmansions]
    #27718991 - 04/03/22 04:59 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

anyone ever been in a coma before?

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

InvisiblehTx
(:
Male User Gallery

Loc: Space-time
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: sudly] * 1
    #27719024 - 04/03/22 06:46 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

There's this theory called 'Quantum Immortality'. It states that consciousness facing a life or death event, will always follow the reality where it is alive.
Each person is living in there own bubble universe where they cannot die...
some of my own near-death experiences has led me to consider it..
it's kind of terrifying to think about.

--------------------
zen by age ten times six hundred lifetimes
Light up the darkness.

Offlinepsilocybinmansions
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: hTx] * 2
    #27719090 - 04/03/22 08:07 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Comas are only slightly different from full normal waking consciousness. It's kind of preposterous but it's true. You can't do maths or science, but it's effectively the same, with a slight sense of being stuck but not being sure you're stuck. Consciousness is eternal and untouchable, but cognition is completely fuckable. From experience!

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: hTx]
    #27719197 - 04/03/22 10:05 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hTx said:
There's this theory called 'Quantum Immortality'. It states that consciousness facing a life or death event, will always follow the reality where it is alive.
Each person is living in there own bubble universe where they cannot die...
some of my own near-death experiences has led me to consider it..
it's kind of terrifying to think about.

Can you draw a distinction between quantum immortality and quantum suicide?

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: psilocybinmansions]
    #27719203 - 04/03/22 10:10 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybinmansions said:
Comas are only slightly different from full normal waking consciousness. It's kind of preposterous but it's true. You can't do maths or science, but it's effectively the same, with a slight sense of being stuck but not being sure you're stuck. Consciousness is eternal and untouchable, but cognition is completely fuckable. From experience!

:batlol:

--------------------

Offlinelightinsideoflight
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: sudly]
    #27720012 - 04/03/22 08:14 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

you are half invisible. you have a spirit body. its psionic. some spirits fall to the core of the earth. hell is a verifiable location hidden in the earth. the sun is habitable. there are lots of oobe dream body magics, light body, soul, ego, mind, ghoulish, ashes, tree hosts, make sure you are cremated instead of buried. when you die will you rise or will you fall, or will you wander the earth? god has such amazing powers. the suns core is 75 degrees and liquid ecstasy. a summer breeze for giants. and sprites/cortex fairies. cash rules everything around me, cream get the money dollar dollar bill yo. have you ever done cathinones/phenylthyalamines/methamphetamine? what about morphinan? newports cigarettes? all three at once and a beer the next day during the opiate afterglow? i like anal heterosexual marriage sex, and cunnilingus. i AM nothair racist. thats how i want to die. licking pussy and butt sex raw with a pretty young fat pussied giant turkish girl. forever until we ignite as one and shoot across the aeons to return to the center sun, adam, to orbit as enders game pilots in cocoon black flame dream ships infinity feet in depth adelphic . birdmanc in the house. 11 birdmen in a perfect circle the army of the twelve monkeys. with or without you. stay high. one love. c.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: John]
    #27720039 - 04/03/22 08:31 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
???

Just wondering what some of you guys think, ... just go on a understanding or gut feeling you have, just a general idea of what you think ...

It's like Las Vegas;

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: lightinsideoflight]
    #27720088 - 04/03/22 09:08 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I think this is a decent representation of your verbal comments.

--------------------

Invisiblekreg
Shoebox Enthusiast+

Loc: sloosination🏳
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: sudly]
    #27720124 - 04/03/22 09:34 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Electricity and light move faster than everything else--- we're always living the consequences of our actions. I read reports of suicide survivors gunshot directly to the brain "my heart isn't beating ... my brain is gone... i'm still here.. .oh god" you tell me mother fucker

did god create himself just to look at his reflection

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: kreg]
    #27720441 - 04/04/22 05:26 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

hell of a thing to have to live with a brain all shot up, but I would like to study the paths of those bullets.

I'm guessing it mostly just went through some cortex and left the thalamus and at least one side of hippocampus and amygdala intact, spraying few skull fragments - leave that body to science would ya?!!

--------------------

Invisiblekreg
Shoebox Enthusiast+

#27720599 - 04/04/22 09:17 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I wish, RGV. I saw one where this guys top half of his head was completely gone, no brain there, just a jaw and a tongue. He was strapped to a hospital bed moving around reaching upwards.. not like nerves kicking, like sentiently reaching up as if his brain was still there

Invisiblekreg
Shoebox Enthusiast+

#27720612 - 04/04/22 09:37 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

My point being I think it's safe to assume that even when every particle in your body has been ripped apart and no longer exists, like even if you died in a nuclear explosion: the light and electricity in your brain will remain for just a wee moment after "you" are physically non existent.
            Do you feel your thoughts? Light and electricity passing through your brain, whats the speed of light again I forgot

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#27720622 - 04/04/22 09:47 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Yes, it could well be that there is an experience between disintegration and reintegration. But it's hard to say in any meaningful way what that would be as none of the same perceptual channels would exist.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#27720629 - 04/04/22 10:02 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kreg said:
My point being I think it's safe to assume that even when every particle in your body has been ripped apart and no longer exists, like even if you died in a nuclear explosion: the light and electricity in your brain will remain for just a wee moment after "you" are physically non existent.
            Do you feel your thoughts? Light and electricity passing through your brain, whats the speed of light again I forgot

speed of light, c'mon 186Kmiles per second, everyone knows that right (8 minutes from the sun).

otherwise, yes you can feel your thoughts if you are not blocking that off.
without a thalamus there is nothing to power a perceptive reflex, so if that central part of the brain is gone, even if you still have residual electric fields in the cortex there is no possible awareness of their relation to anything, no sense of self or thing of any kind flickering. I doubt that the last 1/4 second glow would qualify as any form of spiritual experience. life is finite-finished.

--------------------

Invisiblekreg
Shoebox Enthusiast+

#27720643 - 04/04/22 10:15 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

sigh yeah and DMT trips being the infinite visual complexity feeling like forever all under 10 minutes that doesn't happen to anyone, doesnt exist. Fiction that I just made up, yep.

* time doesn't care about your perception of it. Rocks and sand "inanimate" things they "cant" perceive time yet here they are with us, inside of time. You are clinging on to the egos definition of life/reality/the universe and well like duh you have nothing else to cling on to none of us do
            that's what i've been trying to say is that this is it there is no "other side" or other universes and even if there was  its connected to this one theyre the same thing. Everything is a part of something inside of something even in multiverse theory all those different universes are within one whole "multiverse".  You want to talk about brain activity and our perception as if its the container of the universe as if the brain is GOd or something, the universe will keep existing even if you remove your own head 100%, your body will still exist, the cells within you will still be alive until the decompose and die with you.

I don't have a more clear cut citation for you because hello there isn't one, we're in the territory of asking to define what the afterlife is absolutely no one can give a concrete answer to that so please Christ don't ask me too either thanks

Edited by kreg (04/04/22 10:38 AM)

Invisiblekreg
Shoebox Enthusiast+

#27720656 - 04/04/22 10:22 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Just because we can't understand it doesn't mean it isn't happening, it won't go away or get better or worse even if you do understand it. There is no bargaining with the universe on this one-
            Your life, everyones life- the universe is going to do it with or without you. "Like it or not"  there is no looking at it differently or no looking at it at all. This is it, we are all here right now life and death are the same thing

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#27720660 - 04/04/22 10:26 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Huh? I think the argument is that no one knows what's going on. But all signs point to everything that contributes to the sense of "me" is well and gone. Most of our fears and comforts stem from this identity (me) experiencing something one way or another.

DMT takes chemical reaction. Unfortunately that is quite a bit slower than light.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals