Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelacerated_dream
Stranger
taranaki (NZ) finds - IDs please?
    #2770773 - 06/07/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I posted a while ago about my not being able to find any magic mushrooms in Wellington... So I finally went home to Taranaki and found my old patches still producing... here are some pics, sorry they're a bit small, theyre taken from a video camera. - IDs if possible?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: taranaki (NZ) finds - IDs please? [Re: lacerated_dream]
    #2770775 - 06/07/04 02:31 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

We'll really need all the info requested in this thread:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

If you want an ID.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #2770804 - 06/07/04 03:26 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes the info given here isn't really enough to even start with an ID. But you did say that these were from your 'old patches' so maybe you already know they are active shrooms...
In the case of them being magic from the looks of the pics they look a lot like Ps. subaeruginosa to me...stems, gills and cap colour look right for them.

Did they show any bluing reaction?

Also a tip - when you pick shrooms, either pinch them off at the base or use scissors to cut em, that way you won't have clumps of dirt which ends up getting all over the shrooms and make them taste even worse than they do in the first place :wink:

Oh and also when picking subs ('gold tops') there has been many cases of 'look alike' shrooms growing very close to them which can be poisonus. So make sure before you eat em that ALL of them are the right shroom not just ones you picked from the same patch.

Offlinelacerated_dream
Stranger
Re: taranaki (NZ) finds - IDs please? [Re: zee_werp]
    #2770814 - 06/07/04 03:36 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OK - I *think* there are two types in my pictures. In the second picture, the 'twin mushroom' has a white stem about 5cm long, and a dark gold cap about the size of a large marble. There is bluing inside the cap on the gills.
The mushroom to the left of the 'twin' mushroom is larger, the top is about the size of a 50c piece (4 - 5 cm in diameter) and has a completely blue stem (sorry about the pic quality). It also has a light brown spot on top of the cap.

Lots of the small ones (such as the 5 small mushrooms in the top left of picture 2) dont have visible gills yet but are blue aroun the base of the cap.

I've take many shrooms from this graveyard before and theyve always worked fine... Yes, I should have taken more care with the picking though, they are quite dirty :P I estimate that there are around 150 shrooms there though, so im pretty stoked with that from half an hours picking.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #2771041 - 06/07/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I would say that it is likely that the ones that bruised blue (all of them?) are a psilocybe shroom - most likely Ps. subaeruginosa like I said before. Don't take my word for it though.

It is easy to get the impression that there is more than one strain of shroom growing from one 'patch' with subaeruginosas, and that is because there is a MASSIVE amount of variation within the subaeruginosa species. So much variation, in fact, that some of them were originally classified as seperate species (Ps. eucalypta, Ps. australiana) until microscopic observations showed them to be the same species as subaeruginosa. So it IS possible that there is more than one species of shroom there but it is most likely that they are the same strain at different stages of maturity and general variations in appearance.

Graveyards are great for shrooms eh. All those woodchip plots and stuff...Thanks Elizabeth Darlington, 1856-1911! (<-fictional)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies