Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Impulse sealer not sealing well
    #2764685 - 06/04/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I bought this impulse sealer, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11808&item=3818643401&rd=1

and im using mycobags. The sealer works well for bags and stuff but mycobags it melts the center part where the plastic is thinner and it dosent seal in the center. Also it only seals one side at a time so i need to seal it and align with the previous seal and re-seal. Did i just buy the wrong sealer? Are there any mods i can do to make it better?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Impulse sealer not sealing well [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2768850 - 06/06/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Its possible the sealer is malfunctioning.

Quote:

Equipped with a plug-in electronic timer. The timer controls the sealing time needed for different materials' thickness. Automatically beeps when seal is done. Once the timer is set, it will give a consistently flat seal.

Have you tried adjusting the knob so that you get a better seal? Some materials, namely plastics that are able to withstand the extreme heat of pressure cooking, require a higher exposure setting that regular plastic. I would try experimenting with the knob. Try not to have alot of condensation within the seal either, as this may cool it and cause improper sealing.
Good Luck

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
    #2769175 - 06/06/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

sealers are made to work with special bags.i don't think mycobags are made to seal that way.

i could be wrong cause i never used mycobags.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Impulse sealer not sealing well [Re: charvo]
    #2769248 - 06/06/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yea thats how you seal mycobags.

Invisiblematts
matts

Re: Impulse sealer not sealing well [Re: charvo]
    #2769395 - 06/06/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Impulse sealer not sealing well [Re: matts]
    #2769847 - 06/06/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Isnt this suposed to seal mycobags?

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2769885 - 06/06/04 06:42 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes it is.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Impulse sealer not sealing well [Re: KaptKid]
    #2771172 - 06/07/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Charvo, what the hell are you talking about? Why even answer a question if you have no idea, know you have no idea, and then give the exact wrong answer? 99.99% of every spawn bag ever sealed was probably done with that exact model impulse sealer.

OK gr0wer, you got the right sealer, you got the right bag. You need to either play around and figure out how to set it, or you do have a bunk sealer.

CSC pretty much had it all right on. Adjust the knob and make sure there isn't much moisture on the bag.

If you are melting through the middle, then the heat is too high, turn it down. I've done that many times as different bags need different settings to seal. Now we run into a contradiction of that though when you say it only seals one side. That sounds like it's not hot enough so you would need to turn the heat up.......

Uh oh

Are the bags neat and in good shape, meaning not all wrinkled to hell or folded many times etc.?

Are you really pressing down on the arm? That sealer has 2 "stops" if you will. Make sure you are pressing down very firmly on the arm while sealing.

Oh, maybe this is it, are you immediately releasing the arm after sealing? I bet you are, but you shouldn't. Press down to seal, then hold it down for 5 seconds or so for the plastic to resolidify, then release.

Yeah, I bet that's it. I bet you need to increase the heat setting (to ensure the bag seals on both sides), and hold the arm down for 5 seconds after sealing (to keep the middle from coming undone).

try that and see what happens

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblealpiner
goober

Loc: USA
    #2771234 - 06/07/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

yep the post above said it perfectly

a side note did it come with a extra heat element those die sometimes if you did not get the free one thats fine they are like $10 for a new one

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Impulse sealer not sealing well [Re: alpiner]
    #2771953 - 06/07/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I got a bit of wrinkeling, what psi can i pc them to im going to 15 shoud i get a 10psi rcoker and use that?

I found my problem was i wasnt holding it down hard enough or long enough. It would still be setting when i lifted and the center wuld come apart in spots. When i turned up the heat it would just make it worse and when i went down it wouldnt seal all the way. For the last batch i just tripple sealed them and ill see how they turn out :P Good thing I still have 95 bags left :laugh:

Yes it did come with 2 extra elements and some extra heat cloth.

Thanks again!

Edited by Gr0wer (06/07/04 02:21 PM)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #2785334 - 06/11/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I found my problem was i wasnt holding it down hard enough or long enough.

Yup, most pros will press down hard, hold for a second or two more than than the element is on (you can hear/feel it click on and off) then press down hard a second time, holding down for a few seconds before releasing.

I'm glad you've got it working.

BTW, 15 psi is recomended.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom