Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

I feel empirical
    #2768736 - 06/06/04 01:13 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Over the past few months I've experienced the most comfort in what I can see, and what is right out front of me. I haven't attempted to delve into myself for a deeper meaning, and I feel great. Philosophy has brought me no benefit (besides entertainment), and I've been a slave to it for as long as I can remember... It has wreaked havoc on my inner monologue, and has ruined many of my days.

The more I think philosopically about things, the farther from reality I feel, and the more anguish I experience.

This is what I've learned after years of an acid haze. It's what's under your nose that really counts. The people around you and the physical life that you have. The Package. that's what counts, and its something I think I need not contemplate anymore.

Getting a job and taking it seriously was the most spiritually responding thing I've done for years.
Talk about wild goose chases.

Peace.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: I feel empirical [Re: Grav]
    #2768779 - 06/06/04 01:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think I know what you mean, there comes a time when you have to step back and change your perspective and focus. Same thing happened to me. Dont think you will get a way from all that philosiphising so easily though!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEgoTripping
journeyman
Re: I feel empirical [Re: GazzBut]
    #2769463 - 06/06/04 06:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

For me, the deeper I think about reality, the more connected I feel with it. The deeper I go, the more pattern and beauty I seem to expose. I'm well aware that all my beliefs could be wrong, or change anytime. I also know I'll never truly know the answers, until one day, maybe. No matter how deep I get though, I always remember that in the end, I can only accept my reality for what it is.

"Be patient with all that is unresolved in your heart. And try to love the questions themselves. Do not seek for the answers that cannot be given. For you wouldn't be able to live with them. And the point is to live everything, live the questions now, and perhaps without knowing it, you will live along some day into the answers."

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: I feel empirical [Re: EgoTripping]
    #2769894 - 06/06/04 08:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That's a cool quote, who's it by?

That makes alot of sense. For me there's always been this looming urgent need to figure something out... but I just can't, and thats all there is to it, so there's no need to get worked up about it and sacrifice otherwise enjoyable moments.

I don't mind philosphizing every now and again, (or when im fried)... But it's nothing I need to rely on to get through the day. Whatever I can see and touch is good enough for me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology