Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCaptainTrips420
SevereConvict

Do you guys think taxidermy is a art? * 2
    #27686593 - 03/07/22 07:03 PM (2 years, 21 days ago)

I have been looking into the process of real animal taxidermy and it looks like it would take lots of work to get it right. It’s actually really difficult to properly skin an animal it takes time and attention to detail. It’s like drawing or something it’s definitely a skill.

But that’s just the hard part I think the way the animals posing can make a big difference and I think it’s good art. I was thinking about trying taxidermy when I get a hunting license if I like it I may do it professionally. I found a school teaching it but I’m not sure how much but to sell it for profit I have to pay a $100 fee. I would hunt professionally then and try to sell it and work for hire. I can legally get 5 squirrels and 5 rabbits a day it would feed me for sure since I just have to keep them cold so the meat doesn’t spoil and I can probably make $200 per hunt if I’m getting that bag limit daily. I wish I had the money to build a store but I don’t know I would love to hunt all day long I want to do work I would enjoy not something that feels like a job.

I’m going to be a real life Red Dead 2 trader. :awehigh:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHomelessSorcerer
Male

Re: Do you guys think taxidermy is a art? [Re: CaptainTrips420] * 1
    #27693294 - 03/12/22 11:28 PM (2 years, 16 days ago)

:rockon:

OfflineCaptainTrips420
SevereConvict

Re: Do you guys think taxidermy is a art? [Re: HomelessSorcerer] * 1
    #27693438 - 03/13/22 06:48 AM (2 years, 15 days ago)

I think I need to wait for a job to buy the stuff needed. I’m not sure if it’s something I have the skill for I can do art I used to draw ok but I don’t consider myself a artist. I also don’t think I will be fishing anytime soon because it’s too cold probably May it will be warm enough to fish for a few hours. But I have to be super careful like surgery to remove the entire skin. I would need a scalpel also it takes a lot of time. Then you cure it and paint the skin back to full color and mount it.

A 7LB bass can sell for over $500 if I get really good I could probably start my own store and do mostly fish in the summer and mostly animals in the winter. Squirrels can sell for over $200 rabbits for over $250 a deers head is worth over $500. It just takes a lot of time and real effort to make good quality stuff. I just need a scalpel some denatured alcohol and a airbrush. I wouldn’t be able to sell it till I made it with a valid license though but I can keep it for myself without one.

--------------------

InvisibleHomelessSorcerer
Male

#27693835 - 03/13/22 01:51 PM (2 years, 15 days ago)

Give it a go.

And be sure to post photos of your debut project.

:rockon:

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
    #27693857 - 03/13/22 02:20 PM (2 years, 15 days ago)

My great aunt and uncle were taxidermist. My great uncle went to school for it and my great aunt learned through him. I got to see some of the steps when we would visit them. They also shoulder mounted my first buck for me.

That being said; if school is not a viable option for you I would look into becoming an apprentice to an established taxidermist. There is a lot that goes into it. When and if you get good enough I would focus on hunters wanting mounts from their kills primarily and selling your own harvested and mounted specimens as a secondary part of the business.

These days replicas are the most sought after for fish. Fishermen can take a picture of there catch, get some quick measurements, release the fish and you couldn't tell the difference in the end result.

InvisibleIcyurmt
Strange
 Unread Journal

Loc: 5a
    #27693871 - 03/13/22 02:32 PM (2 years, 15 days ago)

Taking an animals life just so you can play with its skin is repugnant, not art.

If you want to make art there are plenty of other mediums you can work with that don't require killing. Same goes for making money. Animals are living creatures not a commodity for you to exploit at will. Unless you are eating them yourself and the skin is a byproduct, or your playing with roadkill, leave the animals alone.

--------------------
👁️ 🌊 why you are empty.

Hunt for the habitat not the mushroom.

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you guys think taxidermy is a art? [Re: Icyurmt] * 1
    #27693957 - 03/13/22 03:50 PM (2 years, 15 days ago)

I agree with you fully....and I think op does as well...re-read his op.

InvisibleIcyurmt
Strange
 Unread Journal

Re: Do you guys think taxidermy is a art? [Re: The Influence] * 1
    #27694045 - 03/13/22 04:52 PM (2 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

The Influence said:
I agree with you fully....and I think op does as well...re-read his op.

Perhaps, but to me this sure sounds like they are focused more on turning the killing animals into a business more than anything else. You don't need five squirrels and five rabbits a day to feed yourself.
" I would hunt professionally then and try to sell it and work for hire"
"Squirrels can sell for over $200 rabbits for over $250 a deers head is worth over $500."

I agree with what you said above about about making replicas, that is actually art imo and you don't have kill for profit.

--------------------
👁️ 🌊 why you are empty.

OfflineCaptainTrips420
SevereConvict

#27694059 - 03/13/22 05:00 PM (2 years, 15 days ago)

I enjoy hunting so what plenty of people do. But if hunting and fishing can make me money I don’t see why it’s bad because I enjoy it. It’s legal anyway so I don’t care what some vegan people think. Idk why do you think I shouldn’t hunt anyway it’s no worse than eating meat from a grocery store. Less bad in my opinion.

Edited by CaptainTrips420 (03/13/22 05:07 PM)

InvisibleIcyurmt
Strange
 Unread Journal

Re: Do you guys think taxidermy is a art? [Re: CaptainTrips420] * 2
    #27694080 - 03/13/22 05:20 PM (2 years, 15 days ago)

There is a very big difference between hunting for sustenance and killing wild animals for money or sport.

I grew up hunting myself just fyi, I'm nowhere remotely close to a vegan but I do have a healthy enough respect for the other life forms that share this planet with us to not kill them for money/fun.

--------------------
👁️ 🌊 why you are empty.

Edited by Icyurmt (03/13/22 10:29 PM)

Invisibleseldom seen
April Fool
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you guys think taxidermy is a art? [Re: Icyurmt] * 3
    #27695068 - 03/14/22 01:55 PM (2 years, 14 days ago)

Thing is OP, in one of your first posts on here you were going on and on about killing animals for fun after watching snuff films fucked you up.  Leaves a lasting impression.

--------------------

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you guys think taxidermy is a art? [Re: seldom seen] * 2
    #27695103 - 03/14/22 02:37 PM (2 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

seldom seen said:
Thing is OP, in one of your first posts on here you were going on and on about killing animals for fun after watching snuff films fucked you up.  Leaves a lasting impression.

Ya going through some of his posts he seems  either a little trollish or just fucked up.

OfflineCaptainTrips420
SevereConvict

Re: Do you guys think taxidermy is a art? [Re: The Influence] * 1
    #27695979 - 03/15/22 07:03 AM (2 years, 13 days ago)

I don’t remember what I posted I was definitely high though probably drunk but idk I just don’t think killing things is super bad. Your freeing them actually life kinda sucks.

--------------------

InvisibleIcyurmt
Strange
 Unread Journal

#27696182 - 03/15/22 10:42 AM (2 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

I just don’t think killing things is super bad. Your freeing them actually life kinda sucks.

Do Mass Killers Start Out by Harming Pets? Animal abuse may be an early warning sign.
Seriously, either get some help or free yourself, but leave the animals alone..

--------------------
👁️ 🌊 why you are empty.

OfflineCaptainTrips420
SevereConvict

#27696198 - 03/15/22 11:01 AM (2 years, 13 days ago)

That’s just dumb I don’t harm anyone’s pets and I am actually a nice person I don’t do anything to anybody and people act like I’m Charles Manson or something. I don’t know sometimes I just think nothing I do matters like it’s all pointless. I guess I just view things negatively but I don’t know sometimes I’m high on stuff with a gun and I think it’s like real life Call of Duty or something and I thought for a long time I was fighting the war on drugs. Idk I was dumb and high but I don’t do that stuff anymore.

It’s been literally years since I shot a gun though I remember I used to enjoy target shooting in my backyard. 99% of what I shot was paper targets or bottles and cans. I had a .22 pellet gun so powerful I filled up a 2 liter with water and it cut through it like butter 2 holes water dripping out. But I don’t think using the animals for profit is as bad as playing real life first person shooter. I don’t think it’s as bad as things I’m sure people in my town did like rape or robbery. I just don’t think of squirrels or most animals as important nobody will notice they are gone.

Also I just wanted to witness real gun stuff like in video games it’s nothing as disturbing as real life. I don’t know it’s just I probably killed hundreds of thousands of people in video games I don’t blame them for what I did but I just wanted to see how real life was vs what’s portrayed in games and movies.

--------------------

InvisibleIcyurmt
Strange
 Unread Journal

#27696228 - 03/15/22 11:36 AM (2 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

CaptainTrips420 said:
That’s just dumb I don’t harm anyone’s pets and I am actually a nice person I don’t do anything to anybody and people act like I’m Charles Manson or something. I don’t know sometimes I just think nothing I do matters like it’s all pointless. I guess I just view things negatively but I don’t know sometimes I’m high on stuff with a gun and I think it’s like real life Call of Duty or something and I thought for a long time I was fighting the war on drugs. Idk I was dumb and high but I don’t do that stuff anymore.

It’s been literally years since I shot a gun though I remember I used to enjoy target shooting in my backyard. 99% of what I shot was paper targets or bottles and cans. I had a .22 pellet gun so powerful I filled up a 2 liter with water and it cut through it like butter 2 holes water dripping out. But I don’t think using the animals for profit is as bad as playing real life first person shooter. I don’t think it’s as bad as things I’m sure people in my town did like rape or robbery. I just don’t think of squirrels or most animals as important nobody will notice they are gone.

Also I just wanted to witness real gun stuff like in video games it’s nothing as disturbing as real life. I don’t know it’s just I probably killed hundreds of thousands of people in video games I don’t blame them for what I did but I just wanted to see how real life was vs what’s portrayed in games and movies.

There are so many things wrong here, and way too many red flags, I don't even know where to begin. Highly advise you to seek out a therapist or stop the trolling. I'm out..
:begone:

--------------------
👁️ 🌊 why you are empty.

OfflineCaptainTrips420
SevereConvict

#27696272 - 03/15/22 12:03 PM (2 years, 13 days ago)

I also was angry with the government because I thought they wanted psychedelics illegal because they think it causes HPP but I never get it. I think HPP is dumb and a fake thing just like flashbacks. I wanted to prove I could use a rifle even while tripping. I’m just expressing my second amendment rights no need to freak out on me.

--------------------

InvisibleIcyurmt
Strange
 Unread Journal

#27696327 - 03/15/22 01:00 PM (2 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

I’m just expressing my second amendment rights no need to freak out on me.

Suggesting that you seek help through therapy is not freaking out on you, but you are going on ignore now. Should have done it after this first shit show but I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt in hopes that you were here trying to change and better yourself. I guess not..
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27622879#27622879
Quote:

ICaptainTrips420 said: I became addicted to killing I would pull the trigger and feel this massive rush of adrenaline and I stopped caring anything at all about how my behavior was literally ending lives and at my most active I was sometimes gunning down 10+ animals a day sometimes not for weed but just for fun.

Quote:

CaptainTrips420 said:
I haven’t killed anything since late 2018. Sadly I don’t remember the exact date or even any memory of it at all. I fight with myself internally it’s an addiction just like drugs I’m not good at controlling my impulses but I don’t kill anymore I stopped because I was locked up for over a year on a mental health hold. I don’t talk to therapists when I do I lie and say I don’t think that way anymore they locked me up so long I’m afraid to tell people the way I really feel. I don’t trust them at all. But since I got out I haven’t killed anything but I can’t control my thoughts and it’s just so sick and inhuman it makes me feel bad. I have the mentality of a demon or something really evil I don’t know exactly why I did what I did but it was just stuff built up. All my life I’ve been around bullies and bad people they would make fun of me in school and people would rob me at gun point over like $100 of weed. I just felt I was being mistreated and nobody cared I remember doing some things thinking my goal was to make everyone who ever knew me regret they hadn’t done something. Maybe it was a cry for help idk I really wanted to make people see what they did to me as wrong.

:skeptical:

--------------------
👁️ 🌊 why you are empty.

OfflineCaptainTrips420
SevereConvict

#27698035 - 03/16/22 06:13 PM (2 years, 12 days ago)

I don’t know I agree with what I said it’s fun to kill things I just got people telling me it’s wrong. Nobody punishes animals for killing other animals. The government doesn’t own the forest or the animals I shouldn’t even have to have a license it’s dumb. I been told what I did was wrong but at the moment I don’t really regret anything I did and would have done more bad things if I knew how people would treat me. Not you but therapist I don’t really care if you blocked me but I don’t have issues with anyone on here. I look at the evil in the world and it makes what I think and feel like a drop in the ocean. What I think and feel changes on a weekly basis though.

--------------------

Offlinedamp33
Stranger
    #27709329 - 03/26/22 10:24 AM (2 years, 2 days ago)

Yes

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale