Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Ronald Reagan ...
    #2768499 - 06/06/04 11:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I didnt agree with a lot of his policies but he at least didnt take shit from the other countries that were sponging off America....
He also helped bring down the Wall without using war...Im kinda sad

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: Ronald Reagan ... [Re: OldSpice]
    #2768506 - 06/06/04 11:15 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:frown: That is very said news,  i didn't really care for him when he challeneged my home town Gerald Ford! But shit i guess they come and they go. 

Now if bush would only kick the bucket!!!!

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: Ronald Reagan ... [Re: kindkesey]
    #2768515 - 06/06/04 11:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

George W isnt anywhere near the man Reagan was...Reagan will allways be called the great communicator and he did care about American soldiers lives unlike Bush who couldnt care less...Reagan saw the horrors of WW2 and at least tryed to keep us outta war ....Yeah Bush sucks more everyday with the growing death toll in Iraq :mad:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #2768535 - 06/06/04 11:31 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't care what you thought of his politics, Reagan was a good man. He did what he thought was right for the country and he had more integrity than most politicians. He also had balls of steel. He could give a fuck what anyone thought, he just did what he believed was right. Although I am not republican I do believe he was one of the best presidents in the last 50 years.

Also, we should not let this decend into another Bush-bashing thread. We should stick to our thoughts on Reagan. Personally, I have grown so weary of the Bush-bashing that I can't hardly talk politics anymore.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Ronald Reagan ... [Re: kindkesey]
    #2768538 - 06/06/04 11:32 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kindkesey said:
:frown: That is very said news,  i didn't really care for him when he challeneged my home town Gerald Ford! But shit i guess they come and they go. 

Now if bush would only kick the bucket!!!!

Ford was a buffoon.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: Ronald Reagan ... [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #2768540 - 06/06/04 11:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I agree totally about what you said about Reagan :smile:He was a funny fuckker at times also...I feel sorry for Nancy because she lost her best friend

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

Offlinetrippysmurf
Smurfette'sSugar Daddy

#2768550 - 06/06/04 11:41 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Reagan. That's all that really needs be said. So many thoughts, feelings, memories come up with the mention of his name. Every politician has policies you like and policies you don't - that is, unless you are a drone that does whatever your "party" says is right or wrong. I don't like republicans. I don't like democrats either. But as far as politicians go, Reagan was a solid leader.

Look at Reagan, and look at the clowns running for office right now. Jeesh. It makes me nervous.

--------------------
I like your Christ, but I do not like Christians - they are so unlike Christ. -Gandhi

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #2768555 - 06/06/04 11:43 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, he was pretty funny at times. He never even flinched after the incident with his "the bombing starts in five minutes" comment. Most guys would be appologizing up one side and down the other.

And his classic line in the debate (I think it was the '84 election) when people were talking about how old Reagan was..."I know there has been talk that age would be a factor in this election. Well, I promise not to let my opponents youth and inexperience be brought into this."

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: Ronald Reagan ... [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #2768584 - 06/06/04 12:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah i forgot about that one :tongue2:...He could be very witty at times and that comment probably was one of the main things that got him elected

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2768690 - 06/06/04 12:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Reagan was a true leader and a great man!

Wish we had someone just like him to lead us into the future!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Ronald Reagan ... [Re: Ripple]
    #2769243 - 06/06/04 04:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I like this thread. I was on the politics board and I was surprised how negative it could be on the day the man died. It kind of depressed me. I am not a republican but I am a conservative in a libertarian sort of way.

I think that Reagan was a great man and a great leader. We could use another one like him. I got goosebumps when they started playing the old "Tear down the wall" clips on the news. He brought a sense of pride back to America that hadn't been seen since JFK got gunned down. He made people feel good about themselves and their nation. Even in his death, I couldn't help but start smiling once they started showing the old clips.

I really feel for Nancy and all she has gone through. A lot of people are going to regard him as a great leader who was pivotal in winning the cold war. She was taking care of an invalid who was calling her mommy. Imagine how bitter it must have been to look at such a great man as he slowly died in perhaps the most degrading way. I am glad for her that it is finally over.

I know this sounds gay, but Ronald Reagan was a positive thinker. Even after the shuttle disaster he spoke of how we must push on as a nation. If anyone would want a celebration instead of a funeral, it would be Ronald Reagan. We should use this time to celebrate the man, and to celebrate America's victory in the cold war.

I remember having lunch in the basement lunchroom of my elementary school. It also doubled as a bomb shelter in the event of a nuclear attack. Kids today don't have to practice bomb drills, and they probably know very little about the Cold War. They have that luxury in a large part because of Ronald Reagan and people like him. So many millions of people in the Eastern Bloc enjoy freedom today because of the efforts of the Great Communicator. And I know he didn't do it all by himself, nobody could possibly do that. But he was a force. Every American should be proud of him, and proud of our country. We have our faults over the years, but this is a great nation.

Sorry if I got too political. I don't want to make anyone angry. I want to voice my affection for the man. I was really glad to see this thread and read some guys say some positive things about him. We have so much dirt tossed on both sides in politics today. They spend more money dragging down the other side than they do actually pushing the benefits of their own issues. Reagan was a principled man. He got Reagan democrats to vote for him even though they didn't share the same ideology. They respected the principle and the substance of the man. That is what makes a great leader.

"If you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization...tear down this wall"

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Ronald Reagan ... [Re: JesusChrist]
    #2769350 - 06/06/04 05:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You have a really stupid handle but that was a good post. The negativity on the politics board depressed me as well. "Yeah, let's dance on his grave" etc. I guess it only takes a few rotten apples to spoil the barrell.

Reagan was doing his best for this country, for the world. We're lucky to have had him as leader for 8 years.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Re: Ronald Reagan ... [Re: JesusChrist]
    #2769399 - 06/06/04 05:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That my friend is probably the best post i have read in a long time ..5 shrooms fer shure :smile: :thumbup:

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#2769619 - 06/06/04 07:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

facts vs. romance

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Two words... [Re: Ripple]
    #2771019 - 06/07/04 10:14 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ripple said:
Reagan was a true leader and a great man!

Wish we had someone just like him to lead us into the future!

Zero Tolerance

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Two words... [Re: debianlinux]
    #2771773 - 06/07/04 03:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

He lead this country through some very difficult times. He was an amazing speaker and had an uncanny ability to rally the country. Anybody here emember "Regan Democrats?"

Needless to say is a sad day for the country, but it's good to reflect on his legacy, positive or negative. He helped accomplish many positive things in his tenure, including making many Americans rediscover their patriotism. His administration and two terms as president were not all filled with positivity.

War on Drugs? Civil Rights? Ignored Aids Crisis? Record Deficits?

It is probably a blessing to Nancy for him to pass. I think it was 98 when she came out and said that he no longer was even able to share memories with her, and that his mental capacity had completely slipped. That's painful. They should have let him die with compassion... what's the point of living if your are just simply exhisting?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Two words... [Re: psilocyber]
    #2772078 - 06/07/04 05:02 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

what's the point of living if your are just simply exhisting?

None at all.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2777831 - 06/09/04 01:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I agree. I was also saddened to learn the had Alzeimer's a few years back. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #2777890 - 06/09/04 02:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Alounacara said:
Reagan saw the horrors of WW2

he saw them from hollywood!
fuck Ronald Regan
heres a nice quote from the guy:
"Permanent brain damage is one of the inevitable results of the use of marijuana."
~Ronald Regan

Offlinematt66
Loc: Connecticut
Re: Ronald Reagan ... [Re: muse_sick]
    #2778936 - 06/09/04 08:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

ehh, are we forgetting that Reagan had the U.S. militia invade the Humbolt County hills in California to destroy the nation's leading (and virtually only)domestic marijuana supply while invoking life sentences on hard-working growers?. How about the "Just say NO!" campaign, and the launching of a massive drug war (with marijuana, of all possible substances, as the leading culprit and "demon") which has escalated through to the present era costing this country billions of dollars each year, money which could be spent on public education and housing for poor urban areas. Yep, if you or any of your friends have been busted for posession of pot, thank the old actor-turned politician. Weed was on the cusp of being legalized before Reagan showed up on the scene (Carter proposed decrimnalization of pot in '78- both his sons and his drug czar smoked dope). Since Reagan's ill-fated anti-pot campaign began, marijuana use has skyrocketed among Americans and led to massive overpopulation of our prisons (huge tax dollars), where 88% of incarerated individuals serving time for drug use are behind bars for marijuana posession. Screw Reagan. Screw this country for sucking his dick. And the rich keep getting richer...

peace,
matt

--------------------
Truth is the daughter of time, time doesn't exist...
Truth cannot exist within the human convention of time- The Goat Hath Spoken

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub